Short & Sweet Treats discussion

Not by Books Alone > Museums

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) Ok - tell us about your favorite museums that you live near or those you've seen on your travels. Tell us about a favorite exhibit or one that may have disappointed you.

message 2: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

LaLaLa Laura  (laurabhoffman) | 4443 comments Mod
I remember when I was little, going to The Museum of Natural History in Manhattan and being so fascinated with the dinosaur exhibit. Learning about the dinosaurs Made learning fun. it made books fun for me. it made going to the library fun. nothing in school was ever as cool as learning about dinosaurs. all other subjects were.kind of downhill from there I suppose :)

message 3: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) LaLaLa Laura wrote: "I remember when I was little, going to The Museum of Natural History in Manhattan and being so fascinated with the dinosaur exhibit. Learning about the dinosaurs Made learning fun. it made books fu..."

Laura - I also remember going to the Museum of Natural History and the Planetarium when I was in graded school and also history. But I was never much of an animal or nature lover and frankly the dinosaur exhibits frightened me but I was enchanted with the artwork and other objects at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I remember going there with my dad on a Sunday afternoon and just wandering around. Even today when I go there, I love the Impressionist wing and could sit for hours stating at the wonderful artwork.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I saw a butterfly collection in a museum once that horrified me.