Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books & Editions > Problems creating books

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike | 4 comments Hi There,
Apologies if this is not posted in the right place. I am having difficulty adding new books but no problem editing existing data. 2 examples: I have a hardback copy of Heroes Die by Mat Stover which wasn't on the site. When i tried to add it i discovered that an audiobook version was already using the Isbn so i deleted the Isbn from my edition & created the book which seemed to work ok but my new edition never appeared. Also have a h/b book club edition of Ripper by Michael Slade which does not have an Isbn. Again same problem, uploaded with cover image, seemed to create ok but did not appear as new edition. I have a few more books i would like to add but no point until i figure out what's going on (or what i am doing wrong!). Any help appreciated. Thanks & Regards,
Mike.

message 2: by Ewa (last edited Aug 25, 2013 07:02AM) (new)

Ewa | 233 comments http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18...
Is this the edition you added?
It seems good to me, you can add some details.
Also you add Ripper 3 times so I deleted two of them. So I combined it for you with other editions. Next time be careful while adding book :)

message 3: by Mike (new)

Mike | 4 comments Hi Ewa,
Yes, that's the one i added. I checked a few hours after i added it but could not see it. Same with Ripper, checked days later & could not see it but i can now. Anyway, thanks very much for the reply.