Light (Gone, #6) Light discussion

Questions, Thoughts and Concerns *SPoilers*

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Anne One question really:

Wasn't it a bit confusing on how they were saying Caine could feel the gaiphage because he didn't have love. But, didn't Connie say in the beginning when he was a child and she tried to keep him that she couldn't because he felt evil so... doesn't that mean even if he did stay and she loved him wasn't he still a bit evil

Well that was basically the only confusing part other than that can I just say OHMYASDFGHJLK WAS THAT NOT JUST A BRILLIANT CONCLUSION? Seriously, I feel like it wrapped up so nicely and well that I have literally almost to none complaints with the exception of ... Brianna D: I'm not even joking she was seriously one of the most bad ass characters and I loved how she totally embraced her power and became a super hero and all that good stuff. I still understood why she died but, ugh it still sucks

Cassidy On the Brianna subject:

I was crushed when she died! But i started thinking to myself; she was The Breeze. When the FAYZ ended, everyone lost their powers. Brianna was basically nothing without her powers and in 'the real world' she wouldn't have been happy. I know it was sad that she died, but i think it was what was best for her. Its almost like they were showing her an amazing amount of mercy by killing her before the end of the FAYZ. She would have rather died before losing her powers.

Thats just my thoughts on the matter :)

Sydney Lee Robinson Cassidy wrote: "On the Brianna subject:

I was crushed when she died! But i started thinking to myself; she was The Breeze. When the FAYZ ended, everyone lost their powers. Brianna was basically nothing without he..."

I was crushed as well when Brianna died! She was my FAVORITE character! And about the if she survived it would have been horrible for her because she wouldn't have any powers anymore thing, yes it would have been horrible for her I agree, but she still could have embraced her fame. Like, get interviewed on TV shows and stuff like that.

Cassidy Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "On the Brianna subject:

I was crushed when she died! But i started thinking to myself; she was The Breeze. When the FAYZ ended, everyone lost their powers. Brianna was basically no..."

Yeah she definitely would have loved the attention afterwards. She's probably have gotten everyone to say that she was the hero xD lol

Sydney Lee Robinson Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "On the Brianna subject:

I was crushed when she died! But i started thinking to myself; she was The Breeze. When the FAYZ ended, everyone lost their powers. Brianna w..."

Oh how she would love those cameras. And about her getting everyone to say that she was the hero, she was one. She was a very big part of LIGHT. She risked her life! If you don't call THAT a hero, then I don't know what a hero is.

Cassidy Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "On the Brianna subject:

I was crushed when she died! But i started thinking to myself; she was The Breeze. When the FAYZ ended, everyone lost their p..."

Exactly! She was such a great character.. i loved her cockiness and how brave she was. She is missed 3 :(
Who else did you like? I also loved Caine, Dekka, and Lana :)

Sydney Lee Robinson Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "On the Brianna subject:

I was crushed when she died! But i started thinking to myself; she was The Breeze. When the FAYZ ended, everyo..."

I think my favorite part of Brianna was how she embraced her power. She used it like all the time!

I also liked Dekka, how strong a character she was, and Edilio, he is also a strong character and a good leader. Sanjit was cool too! Even though he was only in half the series. I think the characters I hated though were Penny, Drake and Albert. Drake is a cruel sick guy who likes to torture people with his whip. Horrible and sick. And Penny, a horrible girl, what kind of person is she? And finally Albert, the coward. That's what I think of him. He ran off and let everyone else to fight for survival. How cowardish. Do you have any characters you hate?

Cassidy Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "On the Brianna subject:

I was crushed when she died! But i started thinking to myself; she was The Breeze. When the FA..."

Yes i agree!!

Edilio is the best omg! And Sanjit was a good guy too! I think him and Lana were adorable :D I also really liked Diana. She was kind of a B**ch at the beginning, but she turned out well. How she took care of Caine.. I just love her haha. And how Sam and Astrid and her all lived together at the end! <3

I also disliked Drake/Brittany and Penny, as well as Bug and Zil. They were freaking crazy. Drake and his whip hand and how power crazy he was.. completely consumed by the Giaphage.. He was scary *shivers*. His ending was pretty great though!
Penny went completely crazy with her power and i'm glad Caine killed her. Good riddance.
Bug was just creepy, okay. He just snuck around and spied on people and stole things. He was weird.
and Zil was mad because he din't have powers, so he got really jealous and burned down half of Perdido Beach in the process and made life for everyone miserable (that was how i interpreted it). His band "Human Crew" was crazy too.

As for Albert, i kinda feel sorry for him. Yeah he was a coward, but without him i dont think even half of the kids left would have survived. He was necessary, but yes he was kind of a sissy :P

I miss Howard and Orc :(

Sydney Lee Robinson Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "On the Brianna subject:

I was crushed when she died! But i started thinking to myself; she was The Bree..."

Yeah, about the Diana part, I feel sorry for her, first she loses her child to a monster and then she loses the person she loves.

And about the "Human Crew", each time they were mentioned I would roll my eyes and think, 'Why are you still fusing over the freaks!?' I hated them.

For Albert, I guess there would be a lot less survivors without him, but still...

Howard and Orc will be dearly missed! I hated that first Michael killed Howard and then killed Orc! It's so sad!

Cassidy Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "On the Brianna subject:

I was crushed when she died! But i started thinking to myself; ..."

Poor Diana :(

Yeah, same for me with the Human Crew. But i guess some people where bound to lose it, given the circumstances!

I cant remember when exactly Howard died... it was in the second last book or something right? Because i remember Orc was devastated all the way through Light. I cant remember!

Sydney Lee Robinson Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "On the Brianna subject:

I was crushed when she died! But i started think..."

Howard died in FEAR which is the second to last book. He died someone in the beginning. Not the very beginning but around that. :(

Cassidy Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "On the Brianna subject:

I was crushed when she died! But..."

Oh yeah that right! He was kinda a jerk in the fist couple books, but at the end he was ok :)

Sydney Lee Robinson Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "On the Brianna subject:

I was crushed whe..."

I agree with that. I was so sad when I read he died! And then I was even more sad when Orc died!

Cassidy Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "On the Brianna subject:

I..."

Orc made his death very heroic. It was heartbreaking :')

Sydney Lee Robinson Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "On the Bria..."
I agree his death was very very heroic. I wonder what would happen if he did survive.

Cassidy Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wro..."

I think he would have been viewed as a 'monster' out side of the FAYZ. People wouldn't have accepted him or seen the good in him like the kids in the Dome did. That's my opinion anyways. What about you?

Sydney Lee Robinson Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrot..."
Well, wasn't Orc a Freak? Well, every other Freak lost their powers, so, if Orc was a Freak, wouldn't he lose his rock that held him together or something? You know something would happen that would make him not be a Freak. That's what I think would happen.

Cassidy Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wro..."

That true! i didnt think of that! So maybe he would have got out and been happy! Guess we'll never know :(

Sydney Lee Robinson Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Sydney wrot..."

Guess not. Though I wish we could know!

I know right! I kinda wish there were more than six books, but i was really happy with the ending.. except for the whole Caine dying part :/
But that wrapped everything up soooo well

I know! A lot of people have been hoping for a 7th book. But Michael Grant says it's not gonna happen. But I think that it's okay that there's not another book. A lot of my questions were answered in the last book, so I think it's okay that there's not a 7th book.

Yes im ok with no more books. I dont think Michael could have written a better ending, to be honest. It was sad a perfect.

Yeah I agree. If anyone could write a better ending than Michael, I would be really REALLY impressed.

If thats possible! He is brilliant!!

Definitely! But you know there are some times where I imagine what things are like for them a year later.

Yes, definitely. What do you imagine?

Sydney Lee Robinson Like, every Thanksgiving and Christmas the survivors get together and you know do what you do on those holidays. Kind of like what they did on their first Thanksgiving in the FAYZ. And that they still working on the book of the FAYZ.

Cassidy Oh yeah! Thats a good point. I bet they had some kind of FAYZ reunion or something. maybe the media even filmed it haha.
I think Michael Grant should publish that as a novella or a short story. Even though he said he was in no way going to continue the series.. i think that would be so cool!

Sydney Lee Robinson Cassidy wrote: "Oh yeah! Thats a good point. I bet they had some kind of FAYZ reunion or something. maybe the media even filmed it haha.
I think Michael Grant should publish that as a novella or a short story. Ev..."

I actually forgot to mention that the media IS there. But the survivors pretty much ignore them. And the short story DOES seem cool. But here's a fact, I don't believe in calling the survivors KIDS, they are NOT kids anymore.

Cassidy Sydney wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Oh yeah! Thats a good point. I bet they had some kind of FAYZ reunion or something. maybe the media even filmed it haha.
I think Michael Grant should publish that as a novella or a..."

Yeah the media does seem irrelevant to them. And yes you do have a point there! Anyone who goes through what they did and SURVIVES doesnt deserve to be known as a 'kid'.

Sydney Lee Robinson Even the people who DIED don't deserve to be called a kid. They fought in WARS for crying out loud.

Cassidy Against crazy people with whip hands, super powers and evil minds! They themselves are heroes!

Sydney Lee Robinson Yeah, definitely against crazy people with whip hands (Drake) and people with super powers and evil minds (Penny).

Cassidy As well crazy dudes who throw things around with their minds (Caine) and guys who shoot fireballs out of their hands (Sam)

Sydney Lee Robinson And the stupid guys who thinks that all Freaks are horrible (Zil and the "Human Crew")

Cassidy Also the creepy ones who sneak around all invisible like, steal things, and spy on you.. (*cough cough, Bug*)

Sydney Lee Robinson Remember when he stole those junior mints in HUNGER?

Cassidy Yeah and Sam figured it out!!

Sydney Lee Robinson Yeah he did! I didn't even think of Bug doing it until AFTER Sam figured it out!

Cassidy I know right! Me neither! But then i was like Oh that was obvious! Why didnt i think of that! lol

Sydney Lee Robinson Haha! I know! I was a bit mad at myself for NOT figuring it out sooner!

Cassidy Diddo! haha

Sydney Lee Robinson I wonder if Bug died at the end or if he lived, it wasn't really clear.

Cassidy Yeah i dont know. Same thing with Sinder and a bunch of others

Sydney Lee Robinson Yeah. I do wonder what happened to Sinder. I hope she didnt die.

Cassidy Don't think she did. She was running to Clifftop when Gaia came to Perdido Beach... And Gaia didn't make it that far. I'd say she's alive!

Sydney Lee Robinson I'd say that too! Even though she was kind of a minor character she was still awesome!

Cassidy Yeah she was pretty awesome. Didn't she have like a plant-growing talent?

Sydney Lee Robinson Yeah that was her power. She can make plants grow at an incredible speed.

Cassidy She was cool! I felt so bad for Mary! She had to take care of all the little ones, and she was sick. and then theres Quinn. I freaking love him. I kinda wish he'd gotten together with Lana.. but her and Sanjit where cute.

« previous 1