Clean Fiction discussion

bookshelf > nominate first series read

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (last edited Aug 24, 2013 05:51PM) (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 695 comments Mod
This is where you can nominate our first series read that we start around the same time I announce the main group read and additional group read. You can nominate as many books as you want. We will read the series in order, but they don't have to be trilogies. For example, if we were to read A Stranger's Gift by Anna Schmidt for this read, we would do that next month and then A Sister's Forgiveness in October and November's series read would be A Mother's Promise. This means the next nominations would begin in November for December through February unless the series isn't a trilogy. It is best if we have six months months between series by the same author. I will try to make a thread with a list of the series reads once we get past the first several. It would be better if all of the books are out at this moment. I will also y try to make threads for the discussions soon after I have a decision on the other group reads and this one.

message 2: by Natalie (new)

I will start by nominating A Stranger's Gift by Anna Schmidt. This is the first book in the Women of Pinecraft series.

message 3: by Natalie (new)

I will also put Daughter of Joy by Kathleen Morgan into the mix.

message 4: by Renee (new)

Renee Martin (reneemartin80) Natalie wrote: "I will also put Daughter of Joy by Kathleen Morgan into the mix."

I haven't read any of her books so I would like to vote for this

message 5: by Natalie (last edited Aug 26, 2013 05:32PM) (new)

@Renee: Are you intending to nominate Daughter of Joy or A Stranger's Gift?? I don't want to post the wrong title for your vote once I have more of a list to add. You can also change your nominate or just nominate this one for the next series read in a few months. My only concern with picking Daughter of Joy by Kathleen Morgan is that the series has four books so we might not finish it until December. Thi9s means that we cannot do a new series until the new year, I guess that's just nit-picking, though.

message 6: by Natalie (last edited Aug 29, 2013 03:41PM) (new)

Nominations as of August 24, 2013:
1. A stranger's Gift by Anna Schmidt (Natalie), (Mennonite)
2. Daughter of Joy by Kathleen Morgan, (Natalie), (Christian--historical-romance)
3. Daughter of Joy by Kathleen Morgan, (Renee), (Christian0historical-romance) Tthis needs to be clarified first.)