Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) Dark Lover discussion

Which book out of this series is your fav?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sandra Hey!

Which book of the BDB series did you love THE MOST, and why?

I only read book 2 (so far i think Rhage - it was more emotional), and soon i'm on to Z's book, who's my fav brother. Please give 'spoiler alert' signs before saying any spoilers past book 2 :)

message 2: by Christina (last edited Aug 24, 2013 08:33PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Christina Lover Mine (Book 8) is my favorite.

I just love it because (view spoiler).

message 3: by mechismechas (last edited Aug 24, 2013 10:55PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

mechismechas Christina wrote: "Lover Mine (Book 8) is my favorite.

I just love it because [spoilers removed]."

My favorite book is LM too, for the same reason you posted.. followed closely by LAw, because Z breaks my heart. I must add that both books made me really emotional for the characters, in LAw it is Z, plus JM and Tohr and Wellsie having their lives and family torn apart; in LM the way how it starts, the condition Xhex is in and then how it progresses as JM helps her, not in "fighters" way, because she can handle that on her own, but actually in an emotional supportive way, which she never had that before, that was just lovely!!

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ I've read & reread all books to date( all 11) & still my absolute fave book in this series is Book 3 Lover Awakened. Love Z & LOVED everything about his book.

GeNette ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ wrote: "I've read & reread all books to date( all 11) & still my absolute fave book in this series is Book 3 Lover Awakened. Love Z & LOVED everything about his book."

I have to agree with you that is the best book out of the whole series, I just reread this book the other day. I think out of all the books I like 1 2 3, panye and torh book, but hands down Z is number 1....

Shelbie Allred Definitely Book 3 - although I've only read up to book 9 so far. I also really liked book 2. I've read the first 3 a few times now.

Burbanista Sandra wrote: "Hey!

I only read book 2 (so far i think Rhage - it was more emotional), and soon i'm on to Z's book, who's my fav brother. Please give..."

I am two days late to your post, Sandra, but I am SO excited for you because you are (or have already embarked) on Book 3, which is Z and Bella's story. Theirs and Book 8 (JM & Xhex) were OFF THE CHARTS fabulous. The best part of the whole BDB thing though, is the "Sisterhood", which, since I came on board, has for me been Mechismechas, Princess Nhya, Colleen, Sharmila, Jackie, Lady Danielle & Selina. The posts are swoon-worthy, hilarious, hot and just plain fun. Let us know how you liked Book 3!!

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ Burbanista wrote: I am two days late to your post, Sandra, but I am SO excited for you because you are (or have already embarked) on Book 3, which is Z and Bella's story. Theirs and Book 8 (JM & Xhex) were OFF THE CHARTS fabulous. The best part of the whole BDB thing though, is the "Sisterhood", which, since I came on board, has for me been Mechismechas, Princess Nhya, Colleen, Sharmila, Jackie, Lady Danielle & Selina. The posts are swoon-worthy, hilarious, hot and just plain fun. Let us know how you liked Book 3!! "

Awwww *blushes* Thanks Sis (Big Hugs)

Mare ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ wrote: "I've read & reread all books to date( all 11) & still my absolute fave book in this series is Book 3 Lover Awakened. Love Z & LOVED everything about his book."

Totally agree

message 10: by Rebecca (last edited Sep 07, 2013 09:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca My favorite book is Rehvenge and Ethlena!

Lover Avenged!!

message 11: by Ls (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ls My favorite of the BDB series is 'Lover Avenged'.

This book brings together so many aspects of the overall BDB series; Rehvenge and Elhena find love through adversity and derision of symphaths, while Wrath and Beth work through Wrath becoming totally blind and the introduction of George; the tangible relationsip building between Qhuinn and Blay; the hope of Tohr and John Matthew re-bonding, alongside the duplicity within the Glymera and the change in the Vampire/Lesser war.

It's really an exiting read.

message 12: by Claudia (last edited Sep 06, 2013 08:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Claudia I LOVED them all, but my favorites in order are:

1) Lover Avenged #7
2) Lover Eternal #2
3) Lover Mine #8
4) Dark Lover #1

message 13: by Claudia (last edited Sep 06, 2013 08:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Claudia Sandra wrote: "Hey!

I only read book 2 (so far i think Rhage - it was more emotional), and soon i'm on to Z's book, who's my fav brother. Please give..."

I envy that you just started the series :)! It's so good, I'll have to read them all again before book #12 "The King" comes out next year..

Kelly Molloy I have only read to book nine {and having withdrawals already lol)I loved most of the books but my fav would have to be lover eternal, because although it is the second book, this is the book that had me hooked, had me running to the book shop the next day to buy every book in the series that they had!!

Pamela I'm reading Z & Bella's story now & am absolutely LOVING IT!!!! I enjoyed the first two as well, but this is by far my favorite & I'm not even halfway through this book!!!!

Angela Zsadist hands down! I cried like a baby reading this book... He is a survivor and is passionate and is brutally honest! I just love him!

message 17: by Jade (last edited Sep 18, 2013 04:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jade Royal Lover Awakened, Lover Eternal, and Lover at Last are my favorite three books. It's probably because I've liked the whole Z, Rhage, and Qhuinn/Blay stories from the beginning. Definitely my favorite 3!

Kaytie I loved Lover Awakened and also Lover Avenged.