The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Book Hunting / Recommendations > If I liked ____, I would love _____.

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (diaze) | 1018 comments Hi, all. This idea came up after asking another member about possible referrals she may have that are similar to Gerry Boyle's Jack McMorrow series.

So, I thought this might be a fun way to get referrals for comparable authors, series, or books. Apologies if this topic already exists.

So, with that said, let me start with the above:

If I liked Gerry Boyle's Jack McMorrow series, I would love _____.

Keep it going!

message 2: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 2477 comments If you liked Gerry Boyle's Jack McMorrow series, you would love, Olivia Stowe's "Charlotte Diamond Mysteries".

If I liked Preston/Childs' "Pendergast" series, I would love________?

message 3: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (diaze) | 1018 comments If you liked the Preston/Childs Pedergast series, you would love "The Devotion of Suspect X, by Keigo Higashino.

If I liked Dave Roubicheaux series by James Lee Burke, I would love _________?

message 4: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 2477 comments If you liked the David Roubicheaux series, by James Lee Burke, you'll love, Chief Inspector Armand Gamache series from Louise Perry.

If I like the Thursday Next series from Jasper Fforde, I'd really like_______?

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark Chisnell (markchisnell) | 136 comments I hate to break up a beautiful thing, and you're on a roll here, but this is a brilliant thread idea!

message 6: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 2477 comments Well then Mark, join in! Everybody's welcome to play. It's just that we've been the only ones so far. :D

message 7: by Mark (new)

Mark Chisnell (markchisnell) | 136 comments Except I haven't read the Thursday Next series from Jasper Fforde!!

message 8: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 2477 comments Haha! That's ok. I haven't read the books I picked either! I just did some research.

Search for Thursday Next, read the synopsis, then type in "fairy tale detective" something that she does and I think something will come up. Then, just plug it in!

It's a great way to find authors and books you've never heard of and would probably skip over. Like the first entry, I'd never heard of that author, but now, I'd like to read something from him.

Ok...now you've got the general idea, find me a book is like! :D

message 9: by Mark (new)

Mark Chisnell (markchisnell) | 136 comments If you liked the Thursday Next series from Jasper Fforde, then you'd really like (I hope) The Sisters Grimm by Michael Buckley...

And in a complete change of tone...

If I like Lee Child's Jack Reacher Series, I would love_______?

message 10: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (diaze) | 1018 comments If you liked Lee Child's Jack Reacher series, you would love Robert Ludlum's Bourne series.

If I like Perez-Reverte' Captain Alatriste Series, I would love _____?

message 11: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 2477 comments Mark, you did an excellent job! I actually have marked the book a "to-read".

Thanks!!! :D

message 12: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 2477 comments If you like Perez-Reverte' Captain Alatriste, you'll love Bernard Cornwell and his Sharpe series.

If I like James Rollins' Sigma Force series, I'd love,________?

message 13: by Mark (new)

Mark Chisnell (markchisnell) | 136 comments Daniel wrote: "If you liked Lee Child's Jack Reacher series, you would love Robert Ludlum's Bourne series."

Many thanks, seen the movies, now I feel I should get around to reading the books!

Carmen wrote: "Mark, you did an excellent job! I actually have marked the book a "to-read".

Thanks!!! :D"

:-)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

If I liked Look Again by Lisa Scottoline, I would like

message 15: by Ann (new)

Ann | 151 comments If I liked Kathy Reichs, the Tempe Brennan series, I would love.......

message 16: by N (new)

N | 304 comments if you like Kathy Reichs you would like Alex Kava's Maggie O'Dell Series

If you like Lisa Scott Line then you would like Tami Hoag

message 17: by Ron (new)

Ron Albury If you liked Robert Ludlum's Bourne series, you'll love Enemy Combatant. I did not intend to model it after Bourne, but my focus group said they thought of the central character as sort of a female Jason Borne. One way it differs (in addition to the gender of the central character) is that my book begins with her childhood and ends about where Bourne Identity begins - so you can see the psychological forces that helped turned her into a weapon.

message 18: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (diaze) | 1018 comments If you like the Bourne Series, you would love the Gabriel Alon books by Daniel Silva.

If I liked Love in the Time of Cholera, I would love.....

message 19: by N (new)

N | 304 comments If you loved 'Love in the time of cholera' then you would like 'Girl with a Pearl Earing'

message 20: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 771 comments N wrote: "If you loved 'Love in the time of cholera' then you would like 'Girl with a Pearl Earing'"

Carmen wrote: If I like James Rollins' Sigma Force series, I'd love,________?"

I'm reposting for her since she got missed and previous person didn't ask for a recommendation.

message 21: by William (new)

William Davis | 132 comments If you like James Rollins' Sigma Force series, you'd love Pagan Moon by William G. Davis. (At least that's what a couple of reviewers have said ...

message 22: by Robert (new)

Robert Raker (robert_raker) | 59 comments If you like Steig Larsssons Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series you will love Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole series.

message 23: by Pattie (new)

Pattie | 2 comments If you like Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole series, you will love Jussi Adler-Olsen's Carl Morck series.

message 24: by Dale (new)

Dale Wade | 1 comments Hey, great thread. If I liked "Chiefs" by Stuart Woods, I would like _______?