Zombies! discussion

Writing/Publishing > More Help

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Williams | 4 comments Hey guys its me again. I have a question about what do after you finish typing your books. Ive read online that you need a publisher, agents, et. What exactly is the proper way to become published. I am very new at this.

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 48 comments Depends on what you want to achieve, your capabilities (ie: formatting, editing, cover art, marketing, etc), and how much control you want over the final product.

If you want a large publisher, you need an agent first. I'm not sure what happens then because I didn't go that route.

If you want a small publisher, then you can look into smaller presses or e-presses that accept unagented submission. You write a synopsis and submit via email most of the time. If accepted, they'll handle edits, covers, and formatting. Then you market your butt off once it comes out.

If you want to self-publish, then you need to look into editing services, formatting services, etc. Then you can create accounts at various retailers (Amazon, Smashwords, B&N) and upload your work for sale. That's the easy part. Then you have to market your butt off to get it in front of people.