Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Max (Maximum Ride, #5)
This topic is about Max
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Max (Maximum Ride #5) by James Patterson Start Date: October 11, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments We are continuing to follow the Flock with book number 5, hopefully on October 11 if this date jives for everyone who wants to join.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I'm in.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Hey Vicki, you need to put the date in the thread title. :-)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Haha! Guess I was in a hurry! I'm on cell now so will fix later.

Kathy | 7950 comments Yay! I can't wait! :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I know! I'm really excited for this one. This series is definitely one of my favorites!!!

Kathy | 7950 comments Yes!! Mine too! :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I just hope it's a vast improvement over the last one. LOL!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yes, I agree. Almost anything would be an improvement! Lol

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments YAY!!! Tomorrow is the big day! I am SO excited for this one, one of my favorite series. I can hardly wait to see what the Flock is up to and hoping this one is better than the last book.

I sure hope you girls are still on board!

Kathy | 7950 comments Yep! I'm good to go!

How do we want to do this? Just 2 parts this time; prologue, 76 chapters and then the epilogue. Mine is large print and 398 pages.

We could do:

day 1 - prologue to part 2 (chapter 27)
day 2 - part 2 (chapter 27) to chapter 51
day 3 - chapter 51 to epilogue

I need to get Sweet Shadows started, so I'll start this one later today. :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments That sounds perfect to me! I love this series!! Lol

Kathy | 7950 comments Great! I love it too! I hope this one is better than the last one! :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh, I know. I can't believe MAX won't be better!! LOL

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments That sounds good. I'll be a day behind you because I'll be out of commission all day Saturday!

Kathy | 7950 comments Yay! I can't wait to get started! :D

message 17: by Vicki (last edited Oct 11, 2013 09:55PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments OMG every time I get into a new book I realize AGAIN how much I love the Flock and Max's smart mouth! LOL

This book is a lot better than the lost one. Thankfully! I am falling in love with all these kids again, and Total has just really grown in his character and my love for him, too. I love when he asked (view spoiler)

I love how Patterson is able to review the past books and the Flock's problems without just totally repeating everything. His talking to the reader again, such as "see book 3" is just so fun for me to read. I feel like it's an old friend reminding me of what they've gone through, their ages and "gifts" and so forth.

This can cover up to chapter 22: The new character Devin (view spoiler) YAY!

I love how when the agent Steve asks Angel her name she says, (view spoiler) OMG she cracks me up! I'm so in love with her, like to the point that I truly want to meet her. LOL

And then Nudge as she (view spoiler) It's words and phrases like this that makes me want to come here and just post and share the pleasure in how Patterson is able to be so original and come up with such original and fun stuff!

Fang's blog (view spoiler)

Max is my idol! She (view spoiler)

Nudge: I feel so bad for her because she (view spoiler)

Max's mom: (view spoiler)

Jeb: (view spoiler)

Ms. Hamilton: I was concerned about her when Max said that she had (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay, I am done with the reading for today and just might finish it today.I'll read in other books I'm behind on and see, but based on how quiet everyone else is in the group I am assuming you aren't reading yet or not up to our finishing spots?

I am really excited that (view spoiler)

What is with Dr. Chu? He is really quite (view spoiler)

Oh, and I am totally THRILLED that (view spoiler)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I haven't even started. Sorry! I just got home from a conference and I'm leaving in a hour for the evening! I'm glad to see you are enjoying it!

A quick read I take it?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Very quick! I can't wait until you read it and post your comments too. But no pressure because you have been so patient with me! LOL

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments LOL Vicki! Thanks! I hate having my whole day used up, but sometimes you can't help it!

Hugs!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Amen to that! LOL ENJOY life as it comes along. Sometimes things take precedence and I think we all (or at least most) understand. You KNOW I do! LOL

Kathy | 7950 comments Yeah, I haven't started either. Prob tonight or tomorrow! :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yay!!! I love it and I'm finishing it today.

Kathy | 7950 comments Vicki wrote: "Yay!!! I love it and I'm finishing it today."

Wow! Ok, that must mean it's better than the last one? Sweet! :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Absolutely better! I am pretty sure you'll agree!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Becky, are you putting this one on the back burner, or are you reading it and just keeping quiet? LOL

I'm ready to schedule Fang (Maximum Ride, #6) by James Patterson when you are done. I know you've been busy, so no pressure. I am still working on Spark (after I finish I Hunt Killers). LOL

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments No I'm going to read it. It's been a tough 4 days here at my house - mostly busy wise! I ahve it right next to me and it's due back October 18, so I'll get on it next, but I HAVE to finish book 7 in the Grey Wolves series, it's killing me, it's so sad. It better redeem itself, darnit! LOL

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Awe, that darn gray wolf! Lol NO problem at all!!!

Kathy | 7950 comments Becky wrote: "No I'm going to read it. It's been a tough 4 days here at my house - mostly busy wise! I ahve it right next to me and it's due back October 18, so I'll get on it next, but I HAVE to finish book 7 ..."

I hope things get better for you Becky! Sending a soft and warm hug your way! :)

Kathy | 7950 comments I'm only 13 chapters in and I have to go to bed. I have an early day tomorrow.

I love Max and the flock too! I love her voice, when she talks directly to us about previous books and jokes about things, it's so funny! I really love her sarcastic and snarky attitude! I wish Fang would kiss her again and then Max would let him! lol!

Not sure what to make of (view spoiler)

I have a meeting in the morning and then I go back to work in the afternoon, but I'll be home after dinner and I'll catch up on reading then. :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Kathy wrote: "I'm only 13 chapters in and I have to go to bed. I have an early day tomorrow.

I love Max and the flock too! I love her voice, when she talks directly to us about previous books and jokes about t..."

The (view spoiler) are explained later in the book.

I will tell you this much if you want to read this: (view spoiler)

Kathy | 7950 comments 27 chapter done!

Vicki, I'll look at your spoilers later...after work, I'm just going to make a couple of comments.

The leader guy (view spoiler)

Fang (view spoiler)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I'm on page 98, chapter 23 and wow, I don't know what to say.

Although I love the flock, it seems like the same stuff just keeps happening over and over with different bad guys,... Maybe I'm just too tired, lol!

I love that Fang and Max finally spent some quality time together tho!!! Yay! :-)

Kathy | 7950 comments Yes! Love all the little names Max gives to people she doesn't like and the names they give themselves! Max's interpretation of their (view spoiler)

I don't know if I'm ready to (view spoiler)

I can't believe (view spoiler)

Ms. Hamilton (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Kathy wrote: "27 chapter done!

Vicki, I'll look at your spoilers later...after work, I'm just going to make a couple of comments.

The leader guy [spoilers removed]

Fang [spoilers removed]"

Oh NO! I hope she doesn't continue to fight it!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Kathy wrote: "Yes! Love all the little names Max gives to people she doesn't like and the names they give themselves! Max's interpretation of their [spoilers removed]

I don't know if I'm ready to [spoilers remo..."

I agree with your spoilers. I totally understand why Nudge did what she did...that's all I can say for now.

I hope you still like the book enough to continue with the series. It is better than the last one, right?

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Oh I still plan to continue. Is it just me or is the plot just repeating over and over with different peripheral characters?

I'm not as far as Kathy yet, but I do wish Max would just love Fang, lol, and stop worrying about it! And I don't like Nudge being gone, but I totally get why she wanted to stay. I hope she's safe!

Kathy | 7950 comments Oh yeah! I'll continue with it! It is better than the last one! Though I think Becky is right, it seems to be the same plot, just with different bad guys. But I just love the flock! Love Max and Fang! I wish she would stop averison for emotions! I mean she's a girl!! Girl's are supposed to feel! A lot!! *Sigh* lol!! :D

I'll read more later! :D

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments What she said, lol.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Haha! I just love you girls! I think I have the answer! It's not the series or the plot line that is so amazing, it's the characters! At least for me. I LOVE Max's snarky attitude and Angel is just way to big for her britches!! I love them so much that I feel like I'm going to miss them!

I'm just glad you both plan to finish with me. :o)

Kathy | 7950 comments LOL!! Love you too, Vicki! I agree with you about it being the characters! They certainly make this series enjoyable!!

Gazzy (view spoiler)

Max and Fang (view spoiler)

I glad too! (view spoiler)

Mr. Chu (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh I agree with you, especially about EVIL Mr. Chu!! And that (view spoiler)

message 44: by Kathy (last edited Oct 19, 2013 10:00AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathy | 7950 comments OK!! I'm done! Wow! I didn't expect that ending!

Do you think (view spoiler)

I thought it was kind of odd that (view spoiler)

I'm so glad (view spoiler)

What date do you want to set up for Fang (Maximum Ride, #6) by James Patterson

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I really need to wait to November if we can. I hate that I am so overbooked, but there are just way too many books and not enough Becky time, lol!

Kathy | 7950 comments Becky wrote: "I really need to wait to November if we can. I hate that I am so overbooked, but there are just way too many books and not enough Becky time, lol!"

Yes!! Way too many! Nov is perfect for me too! How about Nov 20? Or we can do later too! Whatever you want Becky! :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Nov. 20 is perfect for me too if it works for Becky. :o)

Kathy, regarding your spoilers, unfortunately, I have always thought that (view spoiler)

I didn't think it was odd that they (view spoiler)

And I think we are all glad about your last spoiler. LOL

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Nov 20 is completely awesome guys! Thanks!!!!!!!

I <3 you guys. sorry I haven't been around much. Been at my ex-sil's house (fun!) and haven't had much time to read or be on the computer!

Can one of the 2 of you make the thread?

Kathy | 7950 comments Becky wrote: "Nov 20 is completely awesome guys! Thanks!!!!!!!

I <3 you guys. sorry I haven't been around much. Been at my ex-sil's house (fun!) and haven't had much time to read or be on the computer!

Can o..."

No worries Becky! Just do what you can and we'll be here when you're ready! <3 you too! :D

I'll make it now! :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Kathy. Glad the 20th works for all of us.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fang (other topics)