THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > How long does it take for a giveaway to show?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simon (new)

Simon Goodson | 19 comments I setup a giveaway a few days ago but haven't seen any email confirmation (do you get one?) and haven't seen it turn up on either the book's page or my authors page.

I don't want to enter the details again if I'm just being impatient. How long does it normally take to show up?

message 2: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Deluca (darlenedeluca) | 20 comments Mine took a couple of days.
I got an email to confirm the details of the giveaway, but did not get an email when it went live. I just kept checking!

message 3: by Simon (new)

Simon Goodson | 19 comments Thanks - sounds like it didn't go through then as there was no email confirming the details. I'll re-check my emails, especially the junk folder, just in case.

Thanks,

Simon

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex (ucbstirling) | 140 comments Hi Simon,

Which book were you trying to list? Currently, we are only able to list giveaways for physical editions of books, so an ebook giveaway won't work.

To clarify, when you submit a giveaway, you should get an email right away asking you to verify the details. Once you've verified, it could take a few days to be approved by our staff.

Once it's been approved, the giveaway will go live on the date you have selected, and will appear both on your author dashboard and book page.

message 5: by Simon (new)

Simon Goodson | 19 comments Wanderer's Escape paperback edition (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18...).

I'll try it again and see what happens.

Thanks,

Simon