Writing Mania discussion

Poetry Competitions!! > About This Folder

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 364 comments Mod
To accomodate for our avid poets, we're also opening a poetry competition here on Writing Mania! The same rules for the short story contests apply: You have one week to write and post a poem that has something to do with the weekly topic. It's encouraged, but not required, for you to read all the poems and offer feedback and constructive criticism, even if you're not planning on entering this week. After a week, either me or another of the mods will close the contest and open a poll for a group vote on which story was the best. Good luck to you all, and keep writing!

message 2: by Mel (new)

Mel | 371 comments Mod
Sweets! ^_^ Okay, so do you wanna announce the weekly topic now?

message 3: by Mel (new)

Mel | 371 comments Mod
Hooray! :D

Jocelyn (Ducky) (ducky113) | 265 comments Thank you. I'm so much better with poetry.

message 5: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 364 comments Mod
XD Okay, I'll set up the first contest now. I swear I did, but Goodreads did something weird...

message 6: by Nicky (new)

Nicky (soundgirl) Hi Kyra,

Have you stopped running the poetry competitions or will there be any more coming up in the future? I've just joined your group so I missed the ones you've run so far. I hope you do carry it on, it's a good way to focus your thinking on a deadline.

message 7: by Luigi (new)

Luigi Sperduti (weegster73gmailcom) | 6 comments Hi I'm new to this site I have a new short poetry book called Abandoned Puppets on amazon.com any feedback would be great thanks.