Speaker Geeks! discussion

What Do You Think (General)? > Advantages of Being a Certain Gender

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments Men can go to the loo quickly, and we can go alone so it takes less time.

I would say women are able to be more caring and so people can gain their trust quicker (this can sometimes kick you in the teeth.

message 2: by Billy (new)

Billy | 195 comments Advantages of being a male: Can't get pregnant, can't get periods, usually larger and stronger, and don't have to worry about makeup.

Advantages of being a girl: Usually trusted more, as said, a guy walking around at night would seem suspicious while a girl would be considered safe.

message 3: by Maddison (new)

Maddison (Brainyboots) | 463 comments Billy wrote: "Advantages of being a male: Can't get pregnant, can't get periods, usually larger and stronger, and don't have to worry about makeup.

Advantages of being a girl: Usually trusted more, as said, a ..."

There is one new disadvantage though!

message 4: by Nik (new)

Nik (anxious-morality) Advantage of being guy: better at sports, have really easy, manageable hair ( >.<), dont give birth ( lucky), can dance some mad ass hip hop ( take it from someone who has seen a man do a flip)

Disadvantages of being a guy: can't follow directions as well as women

Advantages of being a women: have the confidence to dance, most women are smarter ( at least in my grade it's like that), more mature.

Disadvantages: period, more hormones, giving birth, high rape count, unmanageable long hair

message 5: by Nik (new)

Nik (anxious-morality) When I say dance I mean like slow lyrical

message 6: by Billy (new)

Billy | 195 comments Onyx { Rebelious Italian Dancer Extraordinaire} wrote: "Advantage of being guy: better at sports, have really easy, manageable hair ( >.<), dont give birth ( lucky), can dance some mad ass hip hop ( take it from someone who has seen a man do a flip)

Di..."

The smarter, more mature, and more confidence things aren't necessarily true...seems like your own opinions.

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 175 comments Billy wrote: "Onyx { Rebelious Italian Dancer Extraordinaire} wrote: "Advantage of being guy: better at sports, have really easy, manageable hair ( >.<), dont give birth ( lucky), can dance some mad ass hip hop ..."

hahha i dont know y but this made me laugh!

message 8: by Nik (new)

Nik (anxious-morality) @ Billy-

I'm basing it off my experience. So far I don't know a lot of mature boys.

message 9: by Maddison (new)

Maddison (Brainyboots) | 463 comments Onyx { Rebelious Italian Dancer Extraordinaire} wrote: "@ Billy-

I'm basing it off my experience. So far I don't know a lot of mature boys."

I have another disadvantage for guys!

message 10: by Nik (new)

Nik (anxious-morality) What is that?

message 11: by Maddison (new)

Maddison (Brainyboots) | 463 comments Well there is now technology where we can put them through labour pains

message 12: by Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (last edited Aug 24, 2013 10:56AM) (new)

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 175 comments Maddison wrote: "Well there is now technology where we can put them through labour pains"

omg! hahaha!
although i dont think anyone would actually go out and try it though...

message 13: by Victor (new)

Victor (ace-geek) Maddison wrote: "Well there is now technology where we can put them through labour pains"

I'm aware of that and I'm never trying it out.

message 14: by Evan (last edited Aug 24, 2013 11:15AM) (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments I have a disadvantage for guys. Other guys hit you in the balls. (I will never understand why)

message 15: by Victor (new)

Victor (ace-geek) H99 wrote: "Adrian wrote: "Maddison wrote: "Well there is now technology where we can put them through labour pains"

I'm aware of that and I'm never trying it out."

Wise of you. If you don't have to experie..."

Well if I had a pregnant wife who asked me to do it just to better understand what she was going to go through, I might. But I'd need an extremely good reason like that.

message 16: by Billy (last edited Aug 24, 2013 03:14PM) (new)

Billy | 195 comments I think it would be very weird if my wife wanted me to go through artificial labor pains to "feel how it is for her".

message 17: by Billy (last edited Aug 24, 2013 03:35PM) (new)

Billy | 195 comments H99 wrote: "Billy wrote: "I think it would be very weird if my wife wanted me to go through artificial labor pains to "feel how it is for her"."

I think it's something that men who talk about how easy labor m..."

Well I've never personally heard a guy say "wow labor is easy". I mean if a guy gets shot in a war, is he gonna go home and shoot his wife to prove how strong he is?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Disadvantages for girls are DEFINITELY periods and hormones and giving birth =.=

and also probably the peer pressure and stuff... like girls... we pretty much are expected to look a lot better than guys. Other girls judge you if you wear like sweatpants. Unless it's a "trend" or something. *Rolls eyes*

((Something said btw that giving birth is the equivelence of pain as being burned alive but I dont quote believe that haha :P))

Good thinks for women is umm... More on top of things Id say for the most part, more caring and compassionate so again the trust thing.

Guys: Good things are YOU ARE CONSIDERED CUTE WITHOUT MAKEUP!!!
I would say girls are... nicer to guys.

Yeah i dont really know im lazy right now. Maybe ill add on later.

message 19: by Victor (last edited Aug 24, 2013 04:59PM) (new)

Victor (ace-geek) I've heard men describe labor like it's easy. Only a couple, I give you that. But no one describes getting shot as "easy".

And in my opinion a girl with little or no makeup in sweatpants is cuter than a girl with too much makeup and ridiculous clothes.

message 20: by Billy (last edited Aug 24, 2013 09:49PM) (new)

Billy | 195 comments I'm not sure about where you guys are, but most girls at my school wear make up.

I'm not saying thats a good thing though, considering theres always a few who look like vampires with all their make up.

message 21: by Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (last edited Aug 24, 2013 10:30PM) (new)

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) (sasha101) | 175 comments i think its true thoug... there are some girls in my "friends circle" who also see each other as 'competition' as you have described it...

sometimes its just annoying like, seriously! We are not competing for Miss Universe title or something! Just lay-off a little.

message 22: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 578 comments Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale wrote: "i think its true thoug... there are some girls in my "friends circle" who also see each other as 'competition' as you have described it...

sometimes its just annoying like, seriously! We are not c..."

With what you say about competition I would agree with that. The majority of my friends are women I'd say 7/10. Some of them see each other as competition. The amount of times I have been dragged into little fights over the smallest of things for example an art space, a teachers attention, a singing part. One of the most common themes of my friends falling out is over men. One of my friends is very pretty and she gets attention from other guys in my year. This makes the others jelous.

message 23: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, Lend me your ears! (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 91 comments Mod
Advantages for men: Are more respected, seen as stronger, viewed as entitled to power, more likely to be politicians, get higher pay for the same jobs, less judgment for appearance, no periods, no pregnancy, aren't expected to do house work, raise kids

Advantages for women: umm...

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Adrian wrote: "I've heard men describe labor like it's easy. Only a couple, I give you that. But no one describes getting shot as "easy".

And in my opinion a girl with little or no makeup in sweatpants is cuter ..."

Glad someone thinks that. As in a guy :P

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Kaylee wrote: "I don't know about you, but the girls I know are catty and critical about each other's appearances.

Also, girls often see each other as competition."

Thats what im saying. Like seriously I think most girls bother with makeup and the "trendy" clothes cuz of other GIRLS... Not guys.

I mean I WEAR WHAT I WANT >.< Other people may think im weird but whatever. lolz sorry thats probably for a dif thread.

message 26: by Christine, I pop like bubble wrap. (new)

Christine | 364 comments Mod
Well I agree with what everyone else says about advantages and disadvantages for guys/girls, but this is one I just saw and I pretty much agree (besides the romper thing because I don't wear them....): http://raids.com/gallery-single.php?i...

Read all 13 by clicking the red next button at the top.

message 27: by Maddison (new)

Maddison (Brainyboots) | 463 comments Competition happens when you are male or female you just notice it more in the opposite sex

message 28: by Billy (new)

Billy | 195 comments Competition happens with guys but I can tell you its not about clothes or make up or anything about appearance.

message 29: by Billy (new)

Billy | 195 comments Lia wrote: "I never said it didn't, I was simply relating what Kaylee and Sasha said earlier to my speculations.

Billy wrote: "Competition happens with guys but I can tell you its not about clothes or make u..."

I thought we were talking about a high school/normal setting. I mean sure, in sports we will see competition, same with body building. I'm talking about the average Joe though, not some guy that gets paid to inject steroids.