Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Stone of Heaven (The Carswell Adventure, #1)
This topic is about Stone of Heaven
Book Issues > adding revised (edited) version of book

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

L.A. Sartor | 20 comments I'm trying to add a new version (edited version) of my book. Would someone tell me how to do this? Thank you .
LA

message 2: by Ewa (new)

Ewa | 233 comments The easies way, is going to book page and click on "add a new edition". Then like by adding new book, fill detail and it will be done. Let me know if it will be need combine.

L.A. Sartor | 20 comments Ewa wrote: "The easies way, is going to book page and click on "add a new edition". Then like by adding new book, fill detail and it will be done. Let me know if it will be need combine."

So I see upload book, but not add new addition. Where is that located? Sorry to be so dense :)

message 4: by Ewa (new)

Ewa | 233 comments http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...
here below description, at detail section you should see it

L.A. Sartor | 20 comments L.A. wrote: "Ewa wrote: "The easies way, is going to book page and click on "add a new edition". Then like by adding new book, fill detail and it will be done. Let me know if it will be need combine."

So I see..."

I did that, but where do I upload the new edition?

message 6: by Deon (new)

Deon (deonva) | 3390 comments you are really adding another book to the database, once they are combined, it becomes another edition.

message 7: by Deon (new)

Deon (deonva) | 3390 comments i have combined them, now it needs a cover
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18...

L.A. Sartor | 20 comments Deon wrote: "i have combined them, now it needs a cover
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18..."

Deon, I haven't uploaded a new version yet, I didn't see a spot that would allow me to do that. So there was nothing to combine.

message 9: by Ewa (new)

Ewa | 233 comments Deon did it for you, now I can see 3 editions of this book

message 10: by L.A. (new) - rated it 5 stars

L.A. Sartor | 20 comments Okay, I'm completely confused. I haven't put my new data (new file) anywhere yet on the site, so where would I upload it so it's the book the buyer will buy not my prior version which had a few typos. I didn't see a place to upload my new version, just the information for the book.

message 11: by Ewa (new)

Ewa | 233 comments If you post details of new edition I will update it for you.

message 12: by L.A. (new) - rated it 5 stars

L.A. Sartor | 20 comments You want the file for the Kindle version?

message 13: by Ewa (last edited Aug 23, 2013 02:33PM) (new)

Ewa | 233 comments Ok, is your ebook free? If not you don't have to upload it here, you can upload a preview if you want.
And by details I mean title, publisher, cover, ISBN/ASIN year of publication, description etc.

message 14: by Ewa (last edited Aug 23, 2013 02:37PM) (new)

Ewa | 233 comments Ok, I think I got it. Are the details of your new edition same as before, and what changed was typos, yes? In that case I think it is no need to create new edition. You can let your readers know, posting about it at your profile.
Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

message 15: by L.A. (new) - rated it 5 stars

L.A. Sartor | 20 comments Ewa wrote: "Ok, I think I got it. Are the details of your new edition same as before, and what changed was typos, yes? In that case I think it is no need to create new edition. You can let your readers know, p..."

No, you're correct. When I uploaded a book last year, I thought I had to have a new version sans typos (for Dare to Believe) but now I don't? Is that because GR readers buy through Kindle? If not, why don't I need to upload a new file?

Thanks for your patience on this

message 16: by L.A. (new) - rated it 5 stars

L.A. Sartor | 20 comments Ewa, if what I said in my most recent email to you is correct, then can you remove all the editions but the original one?

message 17: by Ewa (new)

Ewa | 233 comments From what I know GR isn't have no more selling option, so until you don't want to make preview, you don't have to upload any file.
If you want to know more people at feedback section will be more helpful, here is the link:
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/3...

message 18: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43496 comments Mod
Actually, the he Author Feedback Group would be better.

message 19: by L.A. (new) - rated it 5 stars

L.A. Sartor | 20 comments rivka wrote: "Actually, the he Author Feedback Group would be better."

Rivka, is there a way now to remove the newly created "versions" of my book and just keep the original up on GR?

message 20: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43496 comments Mod
Only one edition was an unnecessary duplicate, and I have removed it.

message 21: by L.A. (new) - rated it 5 stars

L.A. Sartor | 20 comments Thank you so much.
LA