Dragons, dragons and-you guessed it, dragons! discussion

Dragonology > Why are they so back-flippingly important!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma Maye | 16 comments Why is it that we love them so much? Why, when we hear the word 'dragon', do our ears prick up and our heads turn towards the speaker? When we see the sparkle of a dragon's eye on the cover of a book, why do our own eyes sparkle? And why, oh why, are we always looking for just a little piece of the dragon's heart to call our own?

message 2: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

L'Poni (lponi) | 245 comments Mod
Emma wrote: "Why is it that we love them so much? Why, when we hear the word 'dragon', do our ears prick up and our heads turn towards the speaker? When we see the sparkle of a dragon's eye on the cover of a bo..."

Because they're powerful, big scaley lizards that nobody knows about. We can shape them in any way we want from the perfect pet to the most awesome friend. There's something appealing about them in every form, even if its a tiny dragon, a dragon disguised as a human or an epic-sized space dragon of Draconizica, and they are varied. Because nobody on Parallel Earth knows about them historically, we can make them into our image of what a dragon should be. Sure. there are unicorns and zombies, but somehow we just can't make them as awesome as a big, powerful (or tiny) dragon. They can also be our opinions personified. We can make them warlike gods bent on our destruction, or gods whom refrain from killing us with their mighty power (thus making them vulnerable).

And they're just dang awesome.

message 3: by Xsnowhite1012X (new)

Xsnowhite1012X (sazusaraspidermonkey26) | 6 comments All hail Poni!

message 4: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

S.s.s. wrote: "All hail Poni!"

Thank you :D . I love dragons so much!

message 5: by Mayomouse (new)

Mayomouse  (mayomouse) As we can all see from your thorough response! ;D
But really they're SO majestic!

message 6: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

Mayomouse wrote: "As we can all see from your thorough response! ;D
But really they're SO majestic!"

Majestic! That's another word I forgot to add in there. Majestic and regal.

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma Maye | 16 comments L'Poni wrote: "Emma wrote: "Why is it that we love them so much? Why, when we hear the word 'dragon', do our ears prick up and our heads turn towards the speaker? When we see the sparkle of a dragon's eye on the ..."

Yes they are! Fantastic! And they're sensitive and gentle too, and when we look at our dragons we see a little of who and what we are, and can be!

Lovely post Poni! :)

message 8: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

Emma wrote: "L'Poni wrote: "Emma wrote: "Why is it that we love them so much? Why, when we hear the word 'dragon', do our ears prick up and our heads turn towards the speaker? When we see the sparkle of a drago..."

Thank you~!

I forgot about the sensitive dragons. The sensitive dragons are the most adorable.

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma Maye | 16 comments L'Poni wrote: "Mayomouse wrote: "As we can all see from your thorough response! ;D
But really they're SO majestic!"

Majestic! That's another word I forgot to add in there. Majestic and regal."

Majestic is a great word for dragons. Makes me think of Smaug and the dragon in Guards Guards. :)

message 10: by C.A. (new)

C.A. Rose | 50 comments The mystery of them is what intriques me. They are as varied as our imagination, as frightening or cuddly as we wish them to be.
In that we make them in the image of OUR fantasy, we are the true dragons.

message 11: by Ricardo (new)

Ricardo Chévere (dragonwriter) | 17 comments I agree with Emma and C.A. in that dragons are a reflection of ourselves; we make them out to be whatever we are inside in the deepest recesses of our truest being. And probably, that's why we love them so much, because we love ourselves. So, loving dragons is a sign of a healthy self-esteem. See how that works?

message 12: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

Ricardo wrote: "I agree with Emma and C.A. in that dragons are a reflection of ourselves; we make them out to be whatever we are inside in the deepest recesses of our truest being. And probably, that's why we love..."

I agree, too. Eyup! We can make them into our image :D
It makes perfect sense.

message 13: by L'Poni, Empress of the Space Dragons (new)

I might frame this discussion and put it on my wall. Everyone has such awesome points about dragons and why we like 'em. It all makes perfect sense.

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma Maye | 16 comments Ricardo wrote: "I agree with Emma and C.A. in that dragons are a reflection of ourselves; we make them out to be whatever we are inside in the deepest recesses of our truest being. And probably, that's why we love..."

I love this! It's so nice and generous of heart! :D

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (eiyah_fantasyfreak) | 149 comments Mod
Because in our case, they are mysterious and curious creatures. And we want to learn more about them. We are awe-struck by the mysteries of this beautiful winged beast. Since we were young, this mysterious creature amazes us.
Plus, they look so awesome.

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (eiyah_fantasyfreak) | 149 comments Mod
Ricardo wrote: "I agree with Emma and C.A. in that dragons are a reflection of ourselves; we make them out to be whatever we are inside in the deepest recesses of our truest being. And probably, that's why we love..."

C.A. wrote: "The mystery of them is what intriques me. They are as varied as our imagination, as frightening or cuddly as we wish them to be.
In that we make them in the image of OUR fantasy, we are the true dr..."

L'Poni wrote: "Emma wrote: "Why is it that we love them so much? Why, when we hear the word 'dragon', do our ears prick up and our heads turn towards the speaker? When we see the sparkle of a dragon's eye on the ..."

Spoken like true dragonologists!

message 17: by C.A. (new)

C.A. Rose | 50 comments My inner dragon applauds your wisdom.

message 18: by Vatani (new)

Vatani Williams | 6 comments They are misunderstood people are scared of them they want to hurt them because of that and it's our job to open there eyes

message 19: by Vatani (new)

Vatani Williams | 6 comments C.A. wrote: "My inner dragon applauds your wisdom." and it truely does

message 20: by Ricardo (new)

Ricardo Chévere (dragonwriter) | 17 comments Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) wrote: "Ricardo wrote: "I agree with Emma and C.A. in that dragons are a reflection of ourselves; we make them out to be whatever we are inside in the deepest recesses of our truest being. And probably, th..."

Thank you!