Bisky's Twitterling's Scribbles! discussion

Books/Characters > What makes them your favourite character?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bisky (new)

Bisky Scribbles (bisky_scribbles) | 2536 comments Mod
Think of your favourite character. Or favourites. What do they all have in common? Is there something special between them all? Is there a moment where you realise a character will soon be a favourite?

What is it?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah LaFleur (lafleurdeplume) | 37 comments I really like the moody, accented (English, French, or Spanish) aloof MMC who either clearly wants the FMC or is blissfully ambivalent. (Well until he comes to the realization they are meant for each other that is.

message 3: by J (new)

J | 301 comments Mod
My favorite characters are anime charactera Light Yagami and Lelouch Vi Britannia.

The reason they're my favorite ties with the kind of book I want to read. They both possess powers, but they have limits and conditions. They're somewhat anti-heroes. They're always on the run, and they manage to outsmart those who go against them. When I watched the first episode Code Geass back in 2008, I immediately got hooked to the show. When Lelouch gets his powers, he became a favorite character.

message 4: by Bisky (new)

Bisky Scribbles (bisky_scribbles) | 2536 comments Mod
haha! Accents are always a nice one :3

And I agree how powers are used and their conditions always attract me in stories.

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Castro (nicolecastro) | 116 comments Mine are all a$$hole egomaniac males. Hmm... LOL

message 6: by Carry (new)

Carry | 38 comments I tend to fall for characters who suffer a lot. I love to see someone struggle with emotions and pain and eventually over comes those. I haven't read many of these characters, but a great example is Charlie from Perks of Being a Wallflower. Harry Potter comes close but he's too much a hero.
I also like well read characters and clever characters.

The character that I love the most from my own writing in an anti-hero who has a trauma caused by something that happened in his past and before it gets better it gets a lot worse and well... he suffers a lot :P But I really really love him.But a part of that loving might be because I based him loosely on someone in real life that's a great inspiration to me.