Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Beacon: Part I
This topic is about Beacon
Science Fiction > Free first book! At the end of time, a miracle endangers a vast refugee fleet, and a young family.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonathan (last edited Oct 23, 2014 09:52AM) (new)

Jonathan Gillespie (jonathancgillespie) | 18 comments Thanks for your time, folks. I'm an author who has sold fiction to multiple magazines, podcasts, and picked up a few award nominations along the way. I've independently published my Beacon Saga serial, which is now complete, and I'm inviting you to join the adventure.

Part I of this serial is free, where available. Let me whet your appetite with its blurb:

-------------

Beacon Part I by Jonathan C. Gillespie

At the end of time, a miracle endangers a vast refugee fleet. Part I of the Beacon Saga.

They call it the Shroud, and Beacon is the only star that survived its wrath. At this endpoint of existence, humanity lingers on alongside every living species. Layers of orbiting ships can provide you everything—except children. So when Mally and Tersias conceive, they are instant celebrities, lavished with accolades and gifts. But their act will carry a high cost, starting with the return of a specter from the past. And the end will become the beginning.

A serial installment of six thousand words.

-------------

Parts II (twelve thousand words), III (fourteen thousand words), IV (sixteen thousand words), VI (eighteen thousand words), VI (sixteen thousand words), and VII (seventeen thousand words), and the conclusion--Part VIII (nearly sixty thousand words) are also available:

Beacon Part II by Jonathan C. Gillespie Beacon Part III by Jonathan C. Gillespie Beacon Part IV by Jonathan C. Gillespie Beacon Part V by Jonathan C. Gillespie Beacon Part VI by Jonathan C. Gillespie Beacon Part VII by Jonathan C. Gillespie Beacon Part VIII by Jonathan C. Gillespie

Again, thanks for your time!

message 2: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Gillespie (jonathancgillespie) | 18 comments Just a quick note: Part IV is now live!

Beacon - Part IV by Jonathan C. Gillespie

message 3: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Gillespie (jonathancgillespie) | 18 comments Guys, just wanted to make you all aware of a promotion I'm a part of at the moment.

From 10/15 through 10/20, several fellow authors and I are promoting our space opera by hosting a giveaway for a Kindle Paperwhite, and many of us are running promotional deals on books as well.

Take a look here, and enter the raffle! Thanks!

message 4: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Gillespie (jonathancgillespie) | 18 comments Okay, we mailed a Kindle last week and introduced quite a few new folks to the Beacon Saga, along with a ton of great other series. Thanks, everyone!

message 5: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Gillespie (jonathancgillespie) | 18 comments Beacon - Part V is live! See you in orbit.

Beacon - Part V by Jonathan C. Gillespie

message 6: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Gillespie (jonathancgillespie) | 18 comments Just a belated note that Beacon - Part VI is now available.

On Amazon, Part I is up to 12 reviews with a 4.4 average. On Goodreads, it's sitting pretty with a 4.0 average with 12 ratings.

Have you tried Part I, which is usually free on Amazon, iTunes, Kobo, B&N? No?

Then click here.

message 7: by Shoshi (new)

Shoshi (shoshi13) | 35 comments Jonathan, hi. I am in for it. Shoshi

message 8: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Gillespie (jonathancgillespie) | 18 comments Thank you, Soshi. I hope you enjoy it!

message 9: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Gillespie (jonathancgillespie) | 18 comments We've picked up our 13th Amazon review, so now Part I is sitting pretty with 13 reviews, and a 4.5 / 5 star rating.

Here on Goodreads, it enjoys a 4.0 rating with 12 reviews tallied. Thanks, readers!

message 10: by Jonathan (last edited May 17, 2014 06:57AM) (new)

Jonathan Gillespie (jonathancgillespie) | 18 comments Boom! Beacon - Part VII is now available. This is the last installment before the novella-length conclusion hits (in a few months), so it's a terrific time to start on the Saga:

Beacon - Part VII by Jonathan C. Gillespie

The Saga continues to accrue solid reviews here and on the various storefronts, so that's good, too.

message 11: by Jonathan (last edited Oct 23, 2014 09:50AM) (new)

Jonathan Gillespie (jonathancgillespie) | 18 comments BOOM! Beacon - Part VIII is now live, bringing the Beacon Saga to a close.

Beacon Part VIII by Jonathan C. Gillespie

Part I is still free (where available), so jump on it, folks!

Beacon Part I by Jonathan C. Gillespie

message 12: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Gillespie (jonathancgillespie) | 18 comments Folks, check out my author page for details on the Omnibus:

The Complete Beacon Saga by Jonathan C. Gillespie