Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Lauren K. McKellar
This topic is about Lauren K. McKellar
57 views
Book Cover Help > Please delete cover

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren McKellar (laurenkmckellar) | 11 comments Hello,
I am planning a cover reveal for my book Finding Home on Aug 30 but someone uploaded my cover prematurely. Any chance a librarian can please take it down ASAP and I can salvage my event?

If not, I get it :)

Best,
Lauren


message 2: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments Because it hasn't been published yet, I deleted the image. :)


message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren McKellar (laurenkmckellar) | 11 comments Thanks so much! You are a gem


message 4: by Banjomike (last edited Aug 23, 2013 11:01AM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments I noticed there is a cover on the book again. Is that OK? It was uploaded by Harlequin Books.


message 5: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments I've removed the cover again and added a Librarian note to not add the cover. I'm not sure if that will be seen and will stop it from being added again.

Sorry, I know I totally just stole a march on you, Banjomike.


message 6: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Monique wrote: "I've removed the cover again and added a Librarian note to not add the cover. I'm not sure if that will be seen and will stop it from being added again.

Sorry, I know I totally just stole a march on you, Banjomike. "


Don't worry about it. The only reason I didn't delete the cover myself was that Escape Publishing is an imprint of Harlequin Enterprises Australia and it was Harlequin Enterprises Australia that added the cover. It wouldn't be the first time that authors and their publishers found themselves at cross purposes on Goodreads. Where is the popcorn? When an author and their publisher disagree I would tend to side with the author. Mostly.


message 7: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Well, seeing as how it was the publisher who originally uploaded the cover as well, I am not sure we won't be doing this a few more times before the 30th.


message 8: by Plethora (new)

Plethora (bookworm_r) | 359 comments Maybe GR could have a "coming soon" generic cover that could be used in cases like this. It would maybe prevent the auto upload happening from the feed since the field wouldn't be blank.


message 9: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Bookworm R wrote: "Maybe GR could have a "coming soon" generic cover that could be used in cases like this. It would maybe prevent the auto upload happening from the feed since the field wouldn't be blank."

It isn't an auto upload. It is a Goodreads Librarian who happens to be Harlequin Enterprises Australia !!! Unbiased or what. Their upload has been reverted twice by two supers. Next time, if it happens again from the same librarian, we should invite them into this thread and let them tell us what their (the publisher) plan is. Or smack them.


message 10: by Plethora (new)

Plethora (bookworm_r) | 359 comments Banjomike wrote: "Bookworm R wrote: "Maybe GR could have a "coming soon" generic cover that could be used in cases like this. It would maybe prevent the auto upload happening from the feed since the field wouldn't ..."

I just ASSumed it was an autoupload since you mentioned the publisher...oops. Back to the corner I go.


message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren McKellar (laurenkmckellar) | 11 comments Look, maybe I should just give up. I was told it wouldn't happen till September 1, but obviously there is some super keen jellybean out there :)

I guess it's playing the waiting game now... And hopefully not pissing off too many bloggers who signed up.

Thanks all for your help :)


message 12: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Lauren wrote: "Look, maybe I should just give up. I was told it wouldn't happen till September 1, but obviously there is some super keen jellybean out there :)

I guess it's playing the waiting game now... And hopefully not pissing off too many bloggers who signed up.

Thanks all for your help :) "


Is there someone at Escape or Harlequin you can talk to? There doesn't seem much point in them, and you, arranging a cover reveal when one of their minions is dumping the new cover all over the web. If they have any sense they would stop their tame librarian in his/her tracks. If we see a new cover we will remove it.


message 13: by Lauren (new)

Lauren McKellar (laurenkmckellar) | 11 comments I think it must just be a breakdown in communication and perhaps a misunderstanding on my part. They're a great company and I've had an awesome experience so far with them :)
I did email them yesterday about it, anyway.
Thanks for all your help. Librarians are great!


message 14: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Lauren wrote: "I think it must just be a breakdown in communication and perhaps a misunderstanding on my part. They're a great company and I've had an awesome experience so far with them :)
I did email them yesterday about it, anyway.
Thanks for all your help. Librarians are great! "


So, you want us to leave the cover alone if they upload one?


message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren McKellar (laurenkmckellar) | 11 comments Well, I'm still trying to get them to stop. Maybe if it happens again I should just resign myself to the cover revealed gods or whatever.

If it happens one more time, I guess leave it :( But I'm hoping that it won't!


back to top