Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

The Book of Atrus (Myst, #1)
This topic is about The Book of Atrus
IX. Currently Reading? > Has anyone else read the MYST books?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mary Fonvielle | 17 comments I found The Book of Atrus in a used bookstore a while back and picked it up because I used to play the games back in the early 2000's. I wanted to take a red pen to several pages, but other than that I found the story interesting and kept reading because I enjoyed the world of the books. I'm about 1/4 into the Book of Ti'Ana and am not sure what to think yet. Has anyone else read these?

message 2: by Mellie (new)

Mellie (mellie42) | 543 comments I bought the set years ago, because I loved playing the game so much. I can't remember much about them, but now you have reminded me, I might go hunt them out and re-read :)

Mary Fonvielle | 17 comments The games were good, as far as I can remember. I was about 13 when I started them. I'd love to find them and try playing again but I'm not sure they'd work on my computer.

The first book actually ends where the game begins, which I loved.

Josh | 13 comments Discovered this and was immediately pulled in by the mythology. If you're a fan, then you might like this book trailer. I made it for a podcast I do. (If I was independently wealthy, I'd definitely spend some hours on the game..)

Trailer for REIGN of Books Podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIW6J...

message 5: by Evan (new)

Evan Konnor (etkonnor) Now here's a stroll down memory lane. I was a big fan of the original game and wound up playing three incarnations of it. The Book of Atrus was given to me as a gift and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had heard movie rumours, but it never happened. I think it would have done well on film.