Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > Editing That Won't Break The Bank

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Hamill (patricia_hamill) Not to be picky, but you missed the apostrophe in "won't" in the subject line.

message 2: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) Is this proofreading rate? Haven't seen it this cheap, and once I paid for a one time rate, one edit, and wasn't pleased at all.

message 3: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) Personally if I were looking for an editor and saw "wont," I wouldn't look twice. I think most people would look at that and assume you might only be worth the prices you charge. I don't mean that to sound offensive, but that's how I see it.

My daughter also edits and she charged very cheap at first, too, but soon found that it wasn't worth it because it takes TIME to do a superb job and time is worth more than a few bucks.

message 4: by Adrienna (new)

Adrienna (adriennaturner) Correct. when you're an editor even starting out every thing counts...punctuation truly matters and even in last comment, missing commas between "spelling" and "grammar". Sadly I've tried flat rate editing and wasn't a great experience for me. Most editors charge hundreds but wouldn't pay thousands for it as I've heard.