The Night Circus The Night Circus discussion

Trees

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lisa While reading this I felt like trees were a very important past of this book. Marco drew trees on all of his books, Bailey and his tree at home, the wishing tree and Widget's story about the wizard and the tree. I didn't pick this up until I read it the second time and I couldn't think of any meaning for it or what it represents and I was just wondering if anyone else did?

Gerd Didn't realize that before you mentioned it, but you're right - there's trees everywhere in the book.

message 3: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml Well trees have a lot of symbolism. Most often it symbolizes life. This fits for the book since everything kind of revolved around who would have to die. It can also be for knowledge. Which I guess was another aspect. And I think protection is another one.

Lisa That makes sense, especially life and protection considering everyone inside the circus is protected but those outside it aren't :) Thank you

LaToya Hankins I would also say that the circus is like a tree with all the ones who is involved in it, as a performer or supporters are branches that go off in different directions but has a common root.

Becca Rose I loved this book but i haven't read it in a while and I didn't notice. Definitely gonna do a second read soon .

message 7: by Eml (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eml No problem. I'm a symbolism dork. There's a lot of it in the book which is fun to talk about.

Veronica Becca wrote: "I loved this book but i haven't read it in a while and I didn't notice. Definitely gonna do a second read soon ."

Me too