Better Read Than Dead- YA Books discussion

Opinions > Ever sneak a peek at the last page of a book?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I do this for every book that comes my way..which has resulted in many spoiled endings.

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken (kensamcampo) sometimes

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I always do this. At least when I'm not reading an Ebook, I am.
I hate spoilers, but I also hate waiting. I usually read the last page or sometimes I'll be all confused to what's happening (i wonder why) and I'll keep reading the book backwards for that chapter. I'm weird that way.

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam (semanthia) | 21 comments Mod
I don't sneak a peek at the last page but I will sometimes only read the parts where the characters are talking...I hate myself for it sometimes but then I go back to reread and I end up doing the same thing over again.

message 5: by Lu (new)

Lu Gualdieri (lugualdieri) ⚓Samantha⚓ wrote: "I don't sneak a peek at the last page but I will sometimes only read the parts where the characters are talking...I hate myself for it sometimes but then I go back to reread and I end up doing the ..."

I only do that when the book is getting kind of boring

But I never sneak a peek at the last page! for me it's like book sacrilege

message 6: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I'm guilty with this. *Tempted*

message 7: by Bekah (new)

Bekah *Raises hand* guilty as charged

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I always do. It's the first thing I do is read the last Paragraph of the book before I even read the fist sentence But by the time I'm done with the book I never saw the ending coming because I forget what it said! XD

message 9: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean All the time. I'm not the kind of person who cares about spoiling an ending whether its for books or movies. I actually prefer to know what happens. I'm still gonna watch the movie or read the book regardless.

message 10: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (Hrcisme) | 34 comments Never. I'm seriously tempted to but I resist- books are my life and I don't want to ruin them. Except for the Death Cure. (view spoiler)

message 11: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (Hrcisme) | 34 comments My friend said she read the last sentence of Mockingjay. (view spoiler)

message 12: by Wayan (new)

Wayan | 27 comments i used to then i realised it spoiled it ever so slightly (the feeling i mean)
so now i don't

message 13: by Adam (new)

Adam (amilesb) | 25 comments I used to do this all the time. Now, I've taken more to starting a book and then a few chapters in skipping to somewhere in the middle and reading a page or two just to see where things are going!

It's kind of like heating a dish up half way, taking a bite, and then cooking it through :)

message 14: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (lulufritz) My sister does this and it drives me crazy. I did it one time and definitely regretted the decision. Now I am a from the beginning only kind of girl

message 15: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Lingenfelter (StephanieLingenfelter) I do it a lot and I always regret it, but you still learn the events leading up to the ending and some are a bit surprising