The Page Turners discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Mortal Instruments Movie Release

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

As many of you know, the Mortal Instruments movie was released in theaters worldwide yesterday. The trailer's posted here. Has anyone seen it yet? What did you think?

message 2: by low (new)

low (lows) | 114 comments I'm gonna see it on Saturday!!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

So am I! I'm really excited!

message 4: by low (new)

low (lows) | 114 comments Me too :D

message 5: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 239 comments I'm going to see it tonight - I can't wait!

message 6: by low (new)

low (lows) | 114 comments Tell me how it was!!!!!

message 7: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella (gmargarita) I saw it last night! It was good overall but there were definite parts I didn't like...especially one huge plot giveaway they did near the end. I'm assuming you all will know what I'm talking about once you've watched it, haha.

message 8: by low (new)

low (lows) | 114 comments The wait is *torture*!!!

message 9: by Karel (new)

Karel | 2 comments In Mexico is going to be release until the end of August and I cant wait!

message 10: by low (new)

low (lows) | 114 comments OMG nooooo!!!

message 11: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 239 comments I saw it last night, and I thought it was amazing! Like Bri mentioned, there were a few plot giveaways along the way, though, which were slightly irritating. However, having already read the books, I didn't think that these detracted from the movie over all. I have to admit, I think I'm in love with Jace right now!

message 12: by low (new)

low (lows) | 114 comments AWWW!!!!

message 13: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 239 comments And now I shall lock myself in my room, reread the books, and cry all the way through City of Lost Souls, just like I did the last time I read it.

message 14: by low (new)

low (lows) | 114 comments ZLOL well have fun!!! And say hi to the Shadowhunters for me :D

message 15: by Olivia (new)

Olivia McCloskey (brewingupbooks) | 2470 comments Mod
I'm so excited to see the movie tonight! I just stumbled across Cassandra Clare's tumblr which has quite a few gifs from the movie:
http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy C. | 23 comments Saw it the day it came out... twice! I knew there were things that had to be changed but even with the changes, I think the filmmakers stayed true to the book. I loved it!

message 17: by Olivia (new)

As Kathy can inform you all, I think I began hyperventilating when the movie began. I absolutely loved the movie (especially Jace)! Does anyone know if they're turning City of Ashes into a movie, as well? If not, I think I'll be moving to the desert and living out the rest of my days as a recluse.

message 18: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella (gmargarita) City of Ashes will begin production September 23 and will be released sometime in 2014! :)

message 19: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 184 comments I saw it on friday! It was amazing but they had all these weird little things that botherd me. Like the dramatic music all the time and that one part where Jace touched clary's fade through the portal. That was creepy not romantic at all

message 20: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella (gmargarita) I totally agree about the music! During the kiss scene, when all of a sudden really loud pop music just blasts out of the background I was like...what? It was totally distracting and detracted from the scene, in my opinion. And I just kept laughing at the "hand" bit because it was so odd.

message 21: by Olivia (new)

I wasn't too fond of the scene when Jace stuck his hand through the portal. Instead of coming across as romantic, I found it slightly creepy and awkward. Additionally, during one of the fight scenes, there was loud, obnoxious pop music playing. I attended the movie with Kathy (yes, one of the other mods) and we both exchanged a surprised look at the choice of music during this particular moment. Additionally, I found that a few of the actors and actresses, such as the actor portraying Magnus Bane, could have acted with a bit more expression and emotion.

message 22: by low (new)

low (lows) | 114 comments Olivia wrote: "I wasn't too fond of the scene when Jace stuck his hand through the portal. Instead of coming across as romantic, I found it slightly creepy and awkward. Additionally, during one of the fight sce..."

Yeah, Demi Lovato?!?! I found that odd as well -.-

message 23: by Olivia (new)

I do, however, prefer Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace, instead of Alex Pettyfer. I thought Jamie fit the role perfectly, even resembling the picture of Jace found on the front cover of the book. I only began slightly hyperventilating when Jace first appeared in the movie.

message 24: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 239 comments Has anyone else seen the movie yet?

message 25: by Mpiggy (new)

Mpiggy I really hope I can see it before it leaves theaters!!!

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 97 comments I disliked the movie because it missed main parts in the book it was very annoying I was so mad!!!!

message 27: by Mpiggy (new)

Mpiggy I didn't like it either!! I mean, it's good if you don't plan on reading the books but compared to the book, I didn't like it. My friend and I were ranting about everything about it while we were coming back from the theatre.

message 28: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 184 comments Was i the only one who thought the whole movie felt rushed because scenes were just done like that and they would move on.

message 29: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 184 comments I think it was really good but as a reader of the book we always see the things that are wrong.

message 30: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 97 comments Ya I agree with that!

message 31: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Callies | 3 comments Omg yes I was totally agree with that

message 32: by Olivia (new)

I completely agree. I was continually focusing on the alterations that occurred in the movie and wishing that they had included more details from the books. Then again, that would turn it into a four hour movie. That's not to say that I wouldn't go to see it if it turned out to be four hours long.

message 33: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin I found the movie was good at first, it skipped a few parts in the beginning and I thought 'okay whatever'. But then as the movie went on I found it kind of annoying because they gave away parts of the series that you wouldn't find out until later in in the series. The movie would be good for people who don't plan on reading the book.

message 34: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 97 comments You could check redbox!

message 35: by Olivia (new)

In the US, the DVD will be released on December 3rd.

message 36: by Kate (new)

Kate ✨ is a dreamer WHOOP

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.