What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. A book about a nuclear fallout

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Benzie | 2 comments ???? POSSIBILITY OF HAVING SPOILERS ????

Hi,

The only information I can remember is that the book involved a nuclear fallout, and the challenges that ensued. I believe that in one section of the book their was an issue with crops they attempted to grow, and also a dog fight in which they had to defend land with homemade bombs. I also believe that two of the main characters fell in love and had a baby, which sadly, was horribly mutated due to the exposure of the nuclear fallout. Sorry for being so vague, and please tell me I didn't imagine this.

message 2: by mdt (last edited Aug 22, 2013 08:18AM) (new)

mdt (mdt13) | 106 comments Maybe Children of the Dust by by Louise Lawrence?

message 3: by Andy Phillips (new)

Andy Phillips | 204 comments Daniel, there are quite a few books like this - do you know any more details? When did you read the book and how old was it then? Anything about the title or author at all? Anything about the characters? Any other events that occurred?

Do you mean literally a fight against dogs?

message 4: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Benzie | 2 comments Thank you mdt, I will look into that book.

Andy, I was at school between 95 and 00 and really do not have much more information. I do believe dogs were in the story somewhere, although that is not what I am referring to. I am sorry for being so vague, I was just laid in bed and had a flash of this story, but couldn't place anything more.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39275 comments Mod
Daniel, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Jameth15 (new)

Jameth15 | 13 comments How about Gone by Michael Grant?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39275 comments Mod
No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.