♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

Book/Genre of the Month > The Silver Linings Playbook - Matthew Quick - September BOTM 2013

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
The September Book of the Month is selected. There are two books selected. One of them is - The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick by Matthew Quick. Please get your copies of the book as soon as possible and start reading!

Everything you wanna say about this book has to be posted in THIS thread ONLY. Please write the word SPOILERS as and when necessary in your comments.

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Sandeep (new)

Sandeep (sandeep04) Havent read this book and the movie..so looking forward to reading it :)

message 3: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
I've seen the movie....and I loved it. Even I'm very excited for this book!!

message 4: by Sandeep (new)

Sandeep (sandeep04) so u got ur copy ??

message 5: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
I don't have the copy. I searched on the net and found a site which has the ebook/pdf file or whatever....anyway, I gonna read it from there.

message 6: by Sandeep (new)

Sandeep (sandeep04) hmm ok i will also try to find it

message 7: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Here's the link - http://www.bestfree-book.com/Mystery_...

I just hope it's the whole book. Sometimes in some sites....they have only half the book, and it creates a problem. Anyway, it looks like the whole book is there....

message 8: by Sandeep (new)

Sandeep (sandeep04) Ok Ruchi thanx for the read..will start reading it nxt month probably.

message 9: by Sandeep (new)

Sandeep (sandeep04) ops i mean link* not read

message 10: by Sandeep (new)

Sandeep (sandeep04) Btw I suppposed that u have seen the movie bcoz of bradly cooper.. :))

message 11: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
yes:)) Love him SOOOOO much!! And I really love Jennifer Lawrence too.....so she was another reason. But yeah, watched it mainly for Cooper:D

message 12: by Misha (new)

Misha (itz_mie) heard a lot abt the buk, lukin fwd 2 readin it :-)

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (fresqueeze) Read it a while back this year and completely fell in love with it! I didn't see the movie til after I completed the book and I have to say I was disappointed. Usually I can appreciate the two works as a separate but not in this case. I thought the movie was awful and murdered the bonds between the characters in the book. But hey, to each their own. Happy readings!

message 14: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
@Jessica

Thanks for the info.!! I'm sure we'll enjoy reading the book. I saw the movie and loved it (well part of that was coz Bradley Cooper:)) but if you say that the book is better than the movie.....then I;m sure lookin forward to reading it!

message 15: by Misha (new)

Misha (itz_mie) Ruchi... I hope I 'll read the buk... from the tym I got it, 've jst been lukin @ Bradley Cooper on itz cover ;-)

message 16: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Misha wrote: "Ruchi... I hope I 'll read the buk... from the tym I got it, 've jst been lukin @ Bradley Cooper on itz cover ;-)"

Haha LOLZ!! :D:D:

message 17: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Gupta (thesentimentalreader) | 8 comments Done with the book! Will try for the other one now. Again your BOTM made me read something I otherwise wouldnt.

message 18: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Great! Did you like the book?

message 19: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Gupta (thesentimentalreader) | 8 comments I liked the movie more. It was a decent read, but the writing style was strictly ok. But its like if you have seen the movie, you can give this book a skip. I am starting The Great Gatsby, hopefully this one should be better than the movie.

message 20: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Oh....ok. I guess it'll be different for everyone since in an earlier post, Jessica commented that she liked the book better. But I just hope the book isn't too bad....I loved the movie and would like it if the book were as good too.

Heard a lot about Great Gatsby! You'll sure love it:)

message 21: by Anuj (new)

Anuj Shrivastava | 472 comments i didn't liked the book , it was boring to me

message 22: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Ok...well that's sad. Getting so many different opinions from everyone....!

message 23: by Anuj (new)

Anuj Shrivastava | 472 comments Ruchi wrote: "Ok...well that's sad. Getting so many different opinions from everyone....!"

yeahh :)

message 24: by Kimbie (new)

Kimbie | 7 comments I finished yesterday. It was an easy read. I liked the honest way the main character was written. I found myself looking at clouds with silver linings ,and wondering if I would have endured as well as the people in this book.

message 25: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Kimbie wrote: "I finished yesterday. It was an easy read. I liked the honest way the main character was written. I found myself looking at clouds with silver linings ,and wondering if I would have endured as wel..."

Glad that you liked the book:)) I'm halfway through it and find it to be quite nice!

message 26: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Finished with the book.....!! I have to admit, I didn't like much, I was feeling the same all throughout the book. It was nice but wasn't what I was expecting:( A little disappointed....I liked the movie more, at least it had Bradley Cooper....:P:P:P

message 27: by Misha (new)

Misha (itz_mie) I luvd the buk, it was quite different compared to my other reads :-) enjoyed it :-) :-)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved the movie so do you recommend it to me ??? and I did like the movie cause I'm a Lawrence freak ;)

message 29: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Tanzeel wrote: "I loved the movie so do you recommend it to me ??? and I did like the movie cause I'm a Lawrence freak ;)"

Me too! A Lawrence fan:)) You can try the book....a lot of people liked it, though I personally wouldn't recommend it.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

well than I'll try it but if I didn't like it than I'll blame you :P:P:P:P for letting me read it.....haha so welcome to the fan club......

message 31: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
lolz....whatever, read it at your own risk:P:P But seriously, the movie was better...

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

well Yh everyone's living at their own risk :P:P

message 33: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Yeah right....:D:D

message 34: by Gayathri (new)

Gayathri (elgeewrites) | 35 comments I didn't like the book much either.. And I haven't not watched yet, but of course Cooper would have made it a lot easier to watch:-D

And I was wondering if it was due to reading it too closer to The perks of being wallflower, as they are from similar premises of psychologically ill persons.

message 35: by Chelle (new)

Chelle  | 136 comments This book really was different from other books I have read and I wasn't expecting that. Absolutely thought the book was better than the movie, in my opinion.