Better Read Than Dead- YA Books discussion

Opinions > What books do you think everyone should read?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

*Drumroll* Lord of The Flies! No, I'm not going to say the most popular book on here- The Hunger Games. About 90% of the human population has read it.

message 2: by Mia (new)

Mia (VioletLuifie) | 25 comments Mod
Probably Gone by Michael Grant Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant

message 3: by Liv (new)

Liv I love Prodigal and One True Theory of Love along with the typical Divergent and The Selection!

message 4: by Ken (new)

Ken (kensamcampo) Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card and all the other books in that series

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

CrushonCarlos. Morrigan wrote: "Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card and all the other books in that series"
So the other books in the series are worth reading?

message 6: by Ken (new)

Ken (kensamcampo) Jolie wrote: "CrushonCarlos. Morrigan wrote: "Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card and all the other books in that series"
So the other books in the series are worth reading?"

Probably, I haven't read them but I think they might be. I still need to finish reading Ender's Game.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

CrushonCarlos. Morrigan wrote: "Jolie wrote: "CrushonCarlos. Morrigan wrote: "Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card and all the other books in that series"
So the other books in the series are worth reading?"
Probably, I haven't read t..."

Oh! Btw, I can't wait for the movie!

message 8: by Ken (new)

Ken (kensamcampo) Jolie wrote: "CrushonCarlos. Morrigan wrote: "Jolie wrote: "CrushonCarlos. Morrigan wrote: "Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card and all the other books in that series"
So the other books in the series are worth read..."

Ikr, It's like got a lot of trailers and I so wanna watch it

message 9: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen it may look weird. The story was really nice and people could somehow relate on this.

Watch the movie too. ;)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I read that in fourth grade :)
I never saw the movie though

message 11: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Natalya wrote: "I read that in fourth grade :)
I never saw the movie though"

The movie was really good and I think one of the best I've seen.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm pretty sure I've looked at the movie before on IMDB. Isn't it set in the 60s or something?

message 13: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) 50s or 60s. I'm not sure. :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmm. Why is that though? The book was set in...early 2000s I think? I know that sometimes movies change things that were in the book, but I find the time difference interesting.

message 15: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) nah. the movie looks vintage. there are old cars and the only difference is (view spoiler):)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmm that's cool then. I don't really remember the book though, I was just wondering XD

message 17: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Must re-read and watch XD

message 18: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 9 comments Even though most people have probably already read this one, I'd have to say "Divergent"!! Even better than the book I wrote, but just barely... haha.

I just think Divergent is so unique, fast-paced and filled with action; I think everyone, everywhere should read it! So, if you're somebody who hasn't graced those pages with your ocular presence, then find a way to do so RIGHT NOW.

Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth

message 19: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 9 comments Okay and the Infernal Devices series. Made me cringe, laugh, and laugh some more. (Thanks to Will) Oh and cry too... So good!

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I always say the same thing. YOU MUST READ THE UGIES SERIES. It's absolutely my favorite... Besides The Iron Fey series which is also a must read. XD

Uglies series ^

Iron Fey Series ^

message 22: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (Hrcisme) | 34 comments HARRY POTTER

message 23: by Emily (new)

message 24: by Helena (new)

Helena | 8 comments Reboot, twilight, hunger games, tigers curse, Percy Jackson

message 25: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) Mia wrote: "Probably Gone by Michael Grant Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant"

I wasnt a fan.

@tracy I FEEL THE SAME WAY

message 26: by Lacy (new)

Lacy | 2 comments The Fault In Our Stars. It changes your whole perspective on love, life, and what it's like to have cancer. I was balling.

message 27: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Lingenfelter (StephanieLingenfelter) I agree, The Fault in our Stars is a book most people should read!