Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Michele Kallio
This topic is about Michele Kallio
Adding New Books > Adding new book by Goodreads Author

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michele (new)

Michele Kallio (michelekallio) | 10 comments I recently published a new edition of my book Betrayal that is rewritten, throughly edited and contains new material and I would love to have it listed on GOODREADS.

BETRAYAL

MICHELE KALLIO

ASIN BOOENLG9FW

KINDLE DIRECT PUBLISHING

PUBLICATION DATE AUGUST 19,2013

DESCRIPTION: HF/SUSPENSE Modern day Lydia Hamilton seems to lead an idyllic life with her physcian boyfriend, that is, until she begins to have a recurring dream that haunts even her waking hours. The dream takes Lydia to the Court of Henry the Eighth. In her dream Lydia finds herself in the body of Elisabeth Beeton, lady's maid to Anne Boleyn. Believing her dreams to be only nightmares, Lydia ignores them as long as she can. But, when a mysterious package arrives in mail Lydia is caught up in the quest to uncover the truth behind Elisabeth's betrayal.

The book has a new cover, which is currently in my pictures file, but I am not sure how to send it to you.

I would be very grateful for your help in adding this new edition of my book to Goodreads. Thank you very much.
Michele Kallio

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments I've created the new edition here using the cover from Amazon:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18...

By the way, the ASIN for this book appears to be B00ENLG9FW, with zeroes instead of the letter O. Is that correct?

message 3: by Michele (new)

Michele Kallio (michelekallio) | 10 comments This is a new edition of the book already listed on Goodreads. It has been completely rewritten, throughly edited and contains new material. I would like to set up a different page for it, so as to not confuse my readers. Is that possible? Here is the link to the new book on amazon.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Betrayal-eboo...

I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much.
Michele

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43570 comments Mod
Michele wrote: "I would like to set up a different page for it"

Sorry, this is against Goodreads policies. Cait already indicated (in the edition field) that this is a revised edition, and if you want you can set the new edition to be the default. (Here's how: http://www.goodreads.com/help/show/31...)

But it will stay combined with the other editions of the work.

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele Kallio (michelekallio) | 10 comments thank you very much! I have made the change.

message 6: by Michele (new)

Michele Kallio (michelekallio) | 10 comments Just one more question. How can I change the profile picture to the new edition? I want to draw attention to the new edition. Thank you.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

You need to follow the directions in the link I provided. I know you said you had, but if you had, the new cover would be the one showing up on your profile.

message 8: by Michele (new)

Michele Kallio (michelekallio) | 10 comments oops okay. One thing through I could not find the set as primary edition line. The diretions say halfway down on the right side. But, I could not find it. I changed the edition which shows on my review page. Was that the correct place to go? I am quite confused now.

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Michele wrote: " I changed the edition which shows on my review page. Was that the correct place to go?"

No. That will only change it for you, as a reader, not for anyone else.

You need to go to the edit page for the specific edition you want to be primary.

message 10: by Michele (new)

Michele Kallio (michelekallio) | 10 comments Thank you Rivka, I did as directed and it changed correctly. Thank you. I'll just wait a while and check the site again.

Thanks again
Michele

message 11: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

The new cover is showing up on your author profile now. :)

message 12: by Michele (new)

Michele Kallio (michelekallio) | 10 comments Yay! Thanks again Rivka! Have a great day!

message 13: by Michele (new)

Michele Kallio (michelekallio) | 10 comments but its not here...:-(

message 14: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Michele wrote: "Just one more question. How can I change the profile picture to the new edition? I want to draw attention to the new edition. Thank you."

Do you mean the profile picture associated with your author account or do you mean the default cover image associated with the book where it is listed on your author page? You can change your profile picture by going to "edit profile", I believe. The default cover image for the book was changed when you set the default edition.

message 15: by Michele (new)

Michele Kallio (michelekallio) | 10 comments Thank you Cait, that is exactly what I wanted to do. I have changed my profile for reflect my new book. Thank you very much!