The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello All

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mandi (new)

Mandi (mandi_smith) | 1 comments Hi All

My name is Mandi and I adore reading and books. I spend a fortune on them and my to read list is getting longer everyday.

I look forward to chatting with you all and finding some new books to read :0)

Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.

Mandi xx

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10060 comments Mod
Hi Mandi. I know the feeling - watching all my money go towards my reading habit used to be my favorite thing to do!

Welcome to the group

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Lamere-krzysiak (lisajean7870) | 18 comments Hi I know what you mean my money used to go to other things now it goes to books. but I would rather it goes to that then other stuff I really don't need. I never used to be a reader until about 3 months ago I used to read a book a year now I am reading 2 to 3 a week Never knew I could read so much let alone read at all hahaha just kidding and my list is also getting longer and longer. I went to 2 used book stores yesterday holy cow they are almost as much as going to a new book store think I would rather spend the money and get a new one. ok I'm done. you can add me as a friend if you want.

message 4: by Julie (last edited Aug 22, 2013 09:29AM) (new)

Julie Brown (julieb657) | 6 comments A great place to buy used books is at your local library! I have donated tons of books in great condition to my library. They have used-book sales every month to raise money for library improvements and programming.

And don't hesitate to donate books or lend a book you have enjoyed to a friend. As a writer, I love hearing that someone has shared my book with someone - the more readers the better!

message 5: by Renee (new)

Renee | 66 comments Julie wrote: "A great place to buy used books is at your local library! I have donated tons of books in great condition to my library. They have used-book sales every month to raise money for library improvement..."
Our library just had a sale where you could fill up a grocery bag with books for $5...talk about a bookworm's dream come true...my husband is retired Navy, so due to frequent moves every so often I would have to go through my books and donate some. I told him once it might be easier to sort the children instead.

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 1241 comments Hiya Mandi

I spend loads on books on eBay lol

message 7: by Renee (new)

Renee | 66 comments Lisa wrote: "Hi I know what you mean my money used to go to other things now it goes to books. but I would rather it goes to that then other stuff I really don't need. I never used to be a reader until about 3 ..."

You could try thrift stores like the Goodwill or those places. They usually don't have as big a selection but they're less expensive. Trading with other readers works well too if you know a lot of them. I read so much I have to be creative about where I get my books, if I didn't we would be living in a cardboard box under an overpass...