Long Islander's Read! discussion

New member / new to L.I.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laure (new)

Laure (laurenheller) | 1 comments Hello all!

I am new to Long Island and looking to meet people, make friends, join a book group, etc.
I'm in Sound Beach (east of port Jefferson on the north shore) in Suffolk County, and don't know many people here.

If anyone knows of a friendly book club, or would be interested in starting one, please let me know.

Thank you!

About me: I'm almost 30, an art teacher, currently substitute teaching. I moved here from out of state for my boyfriend's job.

I like all kinds of books, particularly science fiction, fantasy, what might be called 'literary fiction,' and the classics. Lately I have been reading a lot of China Miéville and Iain M. Banks. Right now I'm in the middle of Neil Gaiman's American Gods. My favorite author is Mervyn Peake (Titus Groan, Gormenghast, etc.)

I look forward to hearing from any and all of you!

message 2: by Jack (new)

Jack | 18 comments Welcome to Long Island and to our book group. And since you and your boyfriend are in Sound Beach try George's for breakfast and BBD's, a new burger place in Rocky Point. For book groups and writer groups pay attention to the library flyers that are sent to your home. Best of luck to you both in your new home and again, welcome.