The Backlot Gay Book Forum discussion

Totally Off-topic > Chux Bulletin Board

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charles (new)

Charles (chuck-e) | 306 comments I don't know how many people here are/were fans of Neil Jordan's Showtime series The Borgias, but, as you may know, the series ended rather abruptly with the showing of this season's (already filmed) episodes.

Mr. Jordan, however, is writing an ebook that will wind the series up the way he intended to actually end it, had he been given another season to finish things the way he intended.

I've no idea where or when said ebook is coming out, but I'll keep an eye out for it (BIG fan!), and let anyone interested know of its existence.

message 2: by Charles (new)

Charles (chuck-e) | 306 comments Dammit! Where the hell is the Fantasy folder? I could have sworn we had one here. Where the hell are we supposed to put TJ Klune's "The Lightening Struck Heart" series? Jeez, I come back and things have gone to hell!

message 3: by Mymymble (last edited Jul 21, 2017 03:41PM) (new)

Mymymble | 35 comments Charles wrote: "I don't know how many people here are/were fans of Neil Jordan's Showtime series The Borgias, but, as you may know, the series ended rather abruptly with the showing of this season's (already filme..."

This just caught my eye. Did you ever read this, Charles? I ask because although I loved the series and Neil Jordan's work I rarely read screenplays for pleasure and kinda know what happens. If it's a joy, however. I realise you wrote this in 2013!

Also, if you haven't seen it I recommend Versailles. It's lush and tricksy and I think historically accurate. It was joint CBC and Kanal produced last year I think.

message 4: by Charles (new)

Charles (chuck-e) | 306 comments Watching "Versailles", thanks for recommending, though. Interesting idea to read Jordan's screenplays. Very used to reading scripts, so will look into your reccy. Thanks.

message 5: by Charles (new)

Charles (chuck-e) | 306 comments Okay, the reason I've been gone for yonks is because I tried to update my nine-year-old Dell to Windows 10!!!! The poor old thing whirled and twirled and then gave up the ghost. Does anyone know how to 86 the damn private info. on the hard disk? I'm damned if I'm gonna pay to have it wiped for a hundred-plus bucks! I might as well take the back off the thing, then beat the shit out of the disk, then bust it up and bury the pieces all over my property. I paid a shitload for a bells and whistles new Dell, and the fucking thing has a defective hard drive - believe it or not. Soooo, gotta send the friggin' thing to Dell for a new HD. Can't seem to muster the energy in the enervating heat (plus the humidity in the high 80%s here in sunny SoCal.) But am damn tired of typing things on my tablet, so will get things accomplished so I can actually touch type again. If it ain't one thing, it's t'other. :-)

message 6: by Mymymble (last edited Aug 02, 2017 11:38AM) (new)

Mymymble | 35 comments Charles wrote: "Okay, the reason I've been gone for yonks is because I tried to update my nine-year-old Dell to Windows 10!!!! The poor old thing whirled and twirled and then gave up the ghost. Does anyone know ho..."

Just take the back off and smash it. No-one's going to humpty dumpty it unless you're related to Hilary Clinton.
Since it died of geriatric overexertion not a virus you could probably get the hard drive copied though.

message 7: by Charles (new)

Charles (chuck-e) | 306 comments Thanks! Getting my hammer now! :-)