A Study of the Word discussion

The Holy Bible: King James Version
This topic is about The Holy Bible
Alkmini's Studies > Daniel chapter 2

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alkmini (last edited Aug 21, 2013 07:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alkmini I am currently reading the book of Daniel and at chapter 2 the king asks his wise men to present and explain the dream he saw. Their answer is that he has to tell them the dream and then they will explain it to him but he insists that if they are wise they have to know the dream already. And then they answer: Daniel 2:11 NABRE

"What you demand, O king, is too difficult; there is no one who can tell it to the king except the gods, who do not dwell among people of flesh.”

But our God is not like that... Daniel 2:19 NABRE

"During the night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision, and he blessed the God of heaven."

Our God lives among people of flesh! He is not a selfish god who is out of the world and doesnt care about his people as long as they worship him. He is a God who loves us and wants to live among us. He wants to have a relationship with us. He wants to help us and save us.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Amen. :)

Don (The Book Guy) (donthelibrarian) How is you study of Daniel going? I led a class on it a couple of years ago.

Alkmini I finished it. I really enjoyed reading Daniel.