The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) The 5th Wave discussion

am i sensing a love triangle?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Wayan its just how suddenly ben kissed cassie and well i don't feel convinced cassie is still completely in love with even and we don't know where he is now. so whats happening?
will cassie stay with even or will there be a love triangle between her ben and evan?
i really hope there isn't
unless it ends how i want
but still

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy There probably will be. But I'm curious, how would you want it to end?

I think one of them (probably Evan, but it could be Ben for all I know) will die saving Cassie. Sammy might die as well, who knows. But if they all live I'll be a little disappointed. Relieved, but disappointed.

Tina J More than likely.....but it also sounds as if Ben is gonna have a love triangle all of his own.
Ben - Cassie - Ringer.

☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ Tina J wrote: "More than likely.....but it also sounds as if Ben is gonna have a love triangle all of his own.
Ben - Cassie - Ringer."

Ben doesn't seem to like Cassie at all. Thank goodness. I hate how Cassie is so obsessed with Ben--that's not a crush, it is an obsession. I ship Zombie and Ringer. I also hope Cassie and Evan's ship sinks. I don't like Cassie's POV, or the Evan/Cassie romance. I only rated this book three stars because of Zombie.

message 5: by Tina J (last edited Aug 23, 2013 12:59AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina J "Ben doesn't seem to like Cassie at all".

You mean, YOU don't seem to like Cassie at all? lol
I can't even remember who Zombie is.

I liked this book....much more than I thought I would!
;-)

Wayan Amelia wrote: "There probably will be. But I'm curious, how would you want it to end?

I think one of them (probably Evan, but it could be Ben for all I know) will die saving Cassie. Sammy might die as well, who ..."

that's true.
ummm i want it to end with cassie being with evan but i don't want it to be predictable and boring all the way through (i doubt it will be) but then i guess i sorta want a love triangle but not like a really complicate one

message 7: by ☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ (last edited Aug 23, 2013 05:17AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ Tina J wrote: ""Ben doesn't seem to like Cassie at all".

You mean, YOU don't seem to like Cassie at all? lol
I can't even remember who Zombie is.

I liked this book....much more than I thought I would!
;-)"

Yes, I don't like Cassie at all--but that's not what I meant. It's just that in those last pages of the book when Ben aka Zombie knew Cassie, he showed no signs of liking her romantically.

I meant 'like' as in romantically--he doesn't seem to like Cassie (romantically) at all.

Tina J Yeah, I think I knew what you was trying to say, it just came out funny. lol

Everyone seems to think that because he 'kissed' her at the end, that it supposedly means Ben 'likes' Cassie. Whereas, I don't think so either.
I thought it was meant as a nice gesture, you know - his way of saying thank you for helping him get out.

Wayan Tina J wrote: "Yeah, I think I knew what you was trying to say, it just came out funny. lol

Everyone seems to think that because he 'kissed' her at the end, that it supposedly means Ben 'likes' Cassie. Whereas, ..."

thats true
but i still feel like that was a hint or something but it doesn't seem that likely

Lauren-Anne Cameron I can't say I particulrly like Evan to be honest. I do preffer Ben, even agreeing that it was really sudden at the end. I reall hope Rick doesn't through in a love triangle. I'd be happy with either Evan or Ben, just as long as their isn't no romance at all, or a love triangle. I can't wait for book two! I wonder what it'll be called...The Sixth Wave?

Arden somehow it would all be better if she dies, evan goes away, and ben and nugget and the other girl *darnit im forgetting names but you get it* all live happily ever after :)

don't hate me for this...it was a spur of the moment idea anything can happen...

message 12: by M.C. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.C. Muhlenkamp Come on guys, no love triangle? We gotta have some tension, even if it's annoying. Cassie is bound to be confused one way or the other. It is Ben Parish (her high school crush/obsession) we're talking about here! I think she made it pretty clear how much she liked him. Even if she does have feelings for Evan, which I think she does, Ben's presence is bound to stir things up, especially now that he's gone all GI Joe on us. I mean come on! Plus, as if that wasn't enough, her little brother has a relationship with the guy. I am actually curious to see if Ben develops feelings for Cassie vs. What's the other girl's name? Ringer? Can't remember. Anyway, I love hating books and twists in the plot, maybe I'm just a masochist, but I think it makes the stories more memorable. FYI I gotta admit I would choose Evan. If he dies and I don't feel satisfied with the ending I am burning the book. Well okay, maybe not burning, but I will be very disappointed. Might even go into severe depression over it.

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" I totally agree with you M.C! I love Evan. In fact, he is my favorite character and I do hope he'll end with Cassie. I found Ben disappointing (complained too much on what happened to him and his family and too slow to understand ...). Whereas Evan is becoming "human" thanks to his love for Cassie. He is strong, smart, efficient and wants to redeem himself and fights against his own race.
I must confess I'm dreaming of a happy end with Cassie and Evan ;-)

message 14: by Bd (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bd Myriam Sophie wrote: "I totally agree with you M.C! I love Evan. In fact, he is my favorite character and I do hope he'll end with Cassie. I found Ben disappointing (complained too much on what happened to him and his f..."
I completely agree with you!!!!

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Thanks Bd, I see you're Evan Team too ;-))

Now, we'll just have to wait and see...

message 16: by M.C. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.C. Muhlenkamp Which is torturing us slowly inside ...

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Well yes! I just keep imaginig possibilities and fantasizing. You know, when you want to keep the story and characters a little longer ...

message 18: by M.C. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.C. Muhlenkamp Sophie wrote: "Well yes! I just keep imaginig possibilities and fantasizing. You know, when you want to keep the story and characters a little longer ..."

I can totally relate. Thank goodness we have other books to keep us occupied in the meantime. Otherwise I would probably lose my mind :-)

Cecilia Carreon Sophie wrote: "I totally agree with you M.C! I love Evan. In fact, he is my favorite character and I do hope he'll end with Cassie. I found Ben disappointing (complained too much on what happened to him and his f..."

Totally agreed! I enjoy evans character alot kinda of the main reason i kept reading so consitantly.

Bens character is good too but i see him with ringer they need each other more.

I really hope they dont have two triangles going or ima freak. Cassie would be so happy with evan and he deserves it.

message 20: by Kary (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kary If there's a love triangle I love how there's two girls instead of two boys idk for some reason I find that so uncommon but at the same time I love it. Ooooooohhh I love Ringer she's so badass and awesome

Sarah Younan what ever happens..... let evan and cassi be together!!
and let sammy live at the end!

Victoria I hope not, truthfully. I got tired of love triangles ever since The Hunger Games and Maximum Ride. Especially Maximum Ride. The only exception is Clockwork Princess, because I love both Will and Jem (but, I love Jem more). However, if this series has a love triangle, or a love SQUARE like Rebel Heart, I will raise hell.

~Vee~ I hope not. Cassie probably still has feelings for Ben but i think he only kissed her at the end of the book to make her feel safer and thank her in some way. I think Ben is going to be involved with Ginger in the second book. I can feel that there's some bond growing between them. Evan and Cassie should be together.

☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ Victoria wrote: "I hope not, truthfully. I got tired of love triangles ever since The Hunger Games and Maximum Ride. Especially Maximum Ride. The only exception is Clockwork Princess, because I love both Will and J..."

Or a love pentagon like in House of Night!

Victoria ☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ wrote: "Victoria wrote: "I hope not, truthfully. I got tired of love triangles ever since The Hunger Games and Maximum Ride. Especially Maximum Ride. The only exception is Clockwork Princess, because I lov..."

Oh, jeez O.o

message 26: by PC (new) - rated it 2 stars

PC ☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ wrote: "Tina J wrote: "More than likely.....but it also sounds as if Ben is gonna have a love triangle all of his own.
Ben - Cassie - Ringer."

Ben doesn't seem to like Cassie at all. Thank goodness. I hat..."

I completely agree with you. Cassie is annoying and Evan is a stalker, whereas Zombie and Ringer are both awesome. But I'm wary about that kiss Ben gave Cassie in the end.

message 27: by PC (new) - rated it 2 stars

PC Arden wrote: "somehow it would all be better if she dies, evan goes away, and ben and nugget and the other girl *darnit im forgetting names but you get it* all live happily ever after :)

don't hate me for this...."

I wish that would happen.

message 28: by Lovetoread47 (new) - added it

Lovetoread47 I hope there is not a love triangle. I was surprised at the kiss Zombie/Ben gave Cassie at the the end. Also, he thanked Cassie for saving him when he should have been thanking Ringer and giving her a kiss for coming back for him and saving his arse.

message 29: by sim (new) - rated it 4 stars

sim ☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ wrote: "Tina J wrote: "More than likely.....but it also sounds as if Ben is gonna have a love triangle all of his own.
Ben - Cassie - Ringer."

Ben doesn't seem to like Cassie at all. Thank goodness. I hat..."

I KNOW RIGHT? My thoughts EXACTLY! My review is practically based on how I hate Cassie and love Ben and how creepily awkward Evan X Cassie is and how much I ship Ben and Ringer. I don't understand how anyone can like Evan...boy, he's WEIRD O.o

Amalie i am so sick and tired of love triangles so i hope to god there isnt going to be one, thought it is highly unlikely that im right. Cant they just focus on the freaking end of the world that is going on?? Dont get me wrong i love that there is a love story involved but it draws to much attention if there is a love triangle and thats not what the book is about is it?