What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED! Modern vampire book about a girl who discovers her father is a vampire [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy (last edited May 13, 2009 06:52AM) (new)

Joy | 2 comments The girl was about 15 I think and lived in this huge house. Her mother was supposedly dead and she lived with her father who loved books. They had a housekeeper with lots of children and she was friends with one of her sons. There was another woman who helped her father with his work whom the girl didn't like at all. Turned out her father was a vampire and his assistant helped him make a synthetic "blood" serum so he didn't have to take life. The girl runs away from home after something happens to the boy who's her friend. She travels and ends up searching for the truth about her father and mother. I think she becomes a vampire too.

I read this book in 2006 or 2007, I think. It's an adult fiction book. I think it was a female author but not positive.

Thanks for your help!

message 2: by April Ann (last edited May 13, 2009 08:54AM) (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 516 comments The Society of S (Society of S #1) by Susan Hubbard The Society of S by Susan Hubbard, 2007.

Summary: Thirteen-year-old half-vampire Ariella Montero struggles with the realities of her condition while harboring a desire to unravel the secrets of vampire nature, a longing that leads her to learn about the gentle, wise, and even vegetarian lifestyles of vampires.

message 3: by Joy (new)

Joy | 2 comments That's it! Thanks so much.

message 4: by April Ann (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 516 comments You're welcome!