Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Henning Mankell

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shawn (new)

Shawn | 4 comments I'm new here and hoping someone can tell me why, when I search Henning Mankell, I get a long list of books by him, but also, and at the top of the list, 40 editions of Desert Flower, by Waris Dirie.

In addition, when you look at the 40 editions, you find various editions of Henning Mankell's The Fifth Woman included. Yet if you try to edit the 40 editions, none of these shows up! Even more strange is the fact that when I do a title search for Fifth Woman, none of the Henning Mankell editions shows up, although I can find them by doing ISBN searches. All of the Fifth Woman editions also seem to be missing from the list of books that comes up when you search Henning Mankell.

I'm at a loss!

Shawn

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 16 comments It looks like somehow the book links were corrupted. I clicked "seperate all" on the mixed up editions from waris and it made all of the "fifth woman" editions for Mankell show up on his "Combine editions" page. I then recombined all of the "Fifth Woman" editions for Mankell and then seperately combined all of the Desert Flower editions for Waris.

message 3: by Shawn (new)

Shawn | 4 comments Jessica,

Thanks for the info and for taking care of the problem. Is there someplace I can look to find out how book links work? The Librarian Manual doesn't seem to cover some of these details.

Thanks!

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 16 comments This was an odd issue that I had never seen before. I just randomly shot in the dark that seperating all would get rid of whatever was causing the problem.