Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > This week in strange auctions

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments That would be really cool to see... in a morbid curiosity kind of way.

Incidentally, my husband caught me in one of those notorious "witch-catchers". ;)

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments did you float?

message 4: by smetchie (last edited May 06, 2009 06:06PM) (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments There's times I wish I had a "shame mask to enforce silence".

For myself! Oh if I had a dollar for everything I shouldn't have said!

message 5: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments did you float? Well, obviously. (the poor duck sank)

Gretchen, I'd be a billionaire too.

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments nice ISOTHG reference?

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments My family had artist friends in NYC when I was a kid who had a torture chair at their dining room table. It terrified me.

message 8: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments I ♥ Monty Python.

Sarah, I would have been fascinated ... until the night terrors gripped me.

message 9: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments and i heart that you got the reference

are there any guillotines in the auction? we like salads

message 10: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments It would be funny to go up to one of the auction officials and ask "Does this still work?" with a look of stone faced intensity just to watch the reaction.

message 11: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
Hi Tadpole!

message 12: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments Hey Sally!

message 13: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Hehehe... that would be incredibly naughty (and fun)!

(Kev, we just get each other)

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments tadpole wrote: "It would be funny to go up to one of the auction officials and ask "Does this still work?" with a look of stone faced intensity just to watch the reaction."

HA! or "how long in this sucker before you started screaming that you took the Lindberg baby"

message 15: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments There used to a museum in Minneapolis called "The Museum of Questionable Medical Devices." I went once before the museum closed...damn, it was cool. I guess they moved most of the displays to another museum in Minneapolis...

http://www.smm.org/visit/collections/

The Questionable Medical Devices on exhibit includes a phrenology machine, vibratory chair, and a fluoroscope, inventions that claimed to cure any number of chronic diseases or treat psychological problems.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.