Stephen King Fans discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Sometimes Dead Threads Come Back > Duma Key (closed)

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Salma (new)

Salma Anyone started reading this? If so, how's it going?

message 2: by Lonnie (new)

Lonnie I picked up Duma Key last Tuesday when it came out. I began reading it over the weeekend and am currently a couple of hundred pages into it (I am NOT a fast reader).

So far, I am glad to be back reading King. His flow and his stories always 'take me away'. Nothing too spooky or scary has happened yet... just good story and character devlopment.

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments Yeah, I'm reading it too. Haven't gotten that far, but I love it so far. Great characters, good build-up. So far, I am definitely not disappointed!

message 4: by Salma (new)

Salma Ok, I got it. I'm around p. 170 now, and I'm lovin' it! So glad I got it. I really really REALLY hate the wife though. What a bitch!!!

message 5: by Lonnie (new)

Lonnie Section 20 Section 10 (??)

I just had a little Shining flashback!!! Creepy!

message 6: by Salma (new)

Salma I finished!! Yay. Ok, who else is done? Let's discuss. If u want to read it- my review of this is up in my "stephen king" bookshelf.

message 7: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Angie | 2528 comments Mod
Listen to King talk about the book himself:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/22769944/

message 8: by Janice (new)

Janice (i-see-clowns) | 7 comments Just got Duma Key yesterday!! Ready to start reading! Thanks for posting the msnbc link Angie.

message 9: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Angie | 2528 comments Mod
Janice I love your picture... VERY CREEPY!

message 10: by Janice (new)

Janice (i-see-clowns) | 7 comments Thanks! lol I had a stuffed clown that looked alot like this one. I won it at a fair!?!? I put it in a plastic garbage bag and stuffed it in the back of my closet. I eventually threw it away.

message 11: by Janice (new)

Janice (i-see-clowns) | 7 comments Finished Duma Key! Loved it!

message 12: by Robert (new)

Robert (restlessstranger) | 37 comments ah i didnt see this topic... i posted another.

Im loving this one.. a step up from lisey's story and cell

message 13: by Shane (new)

Shane (themre) I loved this story. It seemed to take about 50 pages to get going, but for such a long book that's not so bad. Once it got going I could barely put it down. And I loved how he threw twists (plural) in there instead of just one big formulaic twist at the end.

My arm even started itching and I got a little bit nervous ;-)

As EF was known to say, "Maybe si, maybe no."

message 14: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (heathenwisp) I really really loved this book. I think it's by far one of my Favourite Things by King. Dark Tower is great in a different way than this, I am torn as to which is my favourite. I just finished it (thanks a lot to school for slowing me down!) and I recommend it to anyone, even if they think they don't like Stephen King.

message 15: by Steve (new)

Steve | 246 comments Yes, 50 pages in, and I would have to say this his best since Bag Of Bones.

message 16: by Salma (new)

Salma Yeah- like I said, this book was great- but it was so effin' depressing!

message 17: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Watson | 6 comments I really enjoyed it! Stephen King is back!

message 18: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments I loved this book too! I didn't find it depressing at all. Sure, it was sad at some points.....but that didn't make the whole book depressing. I actually found Edgar's rehabilitation very uplifting. I loved it!

message 19: by Steve (new)

Steve | 246 comments I'm especially digging the various scenes about about "Art"--the act of creation, the selling of it, the process...this does for painting what 'Ratatouille' did for food, IMHO! :) Why doesn't someone start a thread for Duma Key to talk about the themes and other things we liked about the book that we can all go to when we finish?...[no spoiler alerts necessary].

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.