Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Some reviews left on wrong book after separating

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susanna (new)

Susanna | 6 comments About 7 books in the Ranger's Apprentice series were combined as one book, so I separated them. But now there are reviews on this book that obviously belong to other books in the series. I don't know how to fix that.

message 2: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (seeford) | 579 comments Unfortunately, that could just be caused by people finding a book in the series and then using that space to write a review of a different book, the whole series, etc.

Could also be a result of combines/deletes, but IMHO, is more likely to be the former, rather than the latter.

About only thing you can do is to PM the various reviewers and very politely mention it. Not sure how much work that's gonna be though, or how well the reviewers will take it...

Just a thought...

message 3: by Cait (last edited May 01, 2009 02:36PM) (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments That may be a caching issue, Susanna -- I scrolled down the list of reviews on the edition to which you linked and found ones talking about book two or three, and each of them had the "(review of isbn xxx)" next to them. That's supposed to mean that the review is on a different edition that's combined with the edition you're looking at, but when I checked that ISBN (you can do this by clicking on the "(review of isbn xxx)", which is actually a link), it took me to a separate book!

If this doesn't reset itself by tomorrow, you should report it to GR. I don't think I've seen reviews not refresh immediately after separating, but I suppose I don't often look. Also, if you continue working on these books (I notice there are a few editions due for deletion) that may reset the cache.

message 4: by Susanna (new)

Susanna | 6 comments Looks like you are right, Cait. I just checked and it appears to be fixed.