YA & NA Romance ♥ discussion

Authors & Readers Interactions > Authors & Readers Interactions - Folder Explanation & Questions

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 964 comments Mod
This folder was a suggestion from Olivia. Thank you, Olivia! :)

This folder is dedicated to Authors and Readers interacting with each other. Please create a new thread for different topics. New topics can be started by either authors or readers. A couple examples of different topic ideas are: authors asking readers their opinion on book ideas, readers asking an author questions, etc.

Please comment below if you have any questions regarding this folder!

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Yu-Gesualdi | 37 comments Hi! Wow! What a great suggestion from Olivia! Terrific idea for a folder!

As a debut novelist of a New Adult romance, my question to all of you is...

How far do you think is "too far" for a New Adult novel to go before it should no longer be considered NA?

Broken Road by Elizabeth Yu-Gesualdi

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments I'm not sure what you mean by "too far" but if you're referring to the physical relationship then I think there's no limit. I guess this is partly why the category has arisen, to avoid the feeling that certain descriptions/events/topics are inappropriate for the audience.
If you're referring to ages of protaganists then there's a limit but it's a blurry one.

message 4: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "Hi! Wow! What a great suggestion from Olivia! Terrific idea for a folder!

As a debut novelist of a New Adult romance, my question to all of you is...

How far do you think is "too far" for a N..."

Hi Elizabeth, can you please create a new thread for this topic? Then it will be easier for the readers to interact with you and your question. :) Please let me know if you have any questions on how to do that!
Thank you!!

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Yu-Gesualdi | 37 comments Help!!! LOL! How do I create a new thread? I am so new to all of this.

message 6: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

If you go to the Authors & Readers Interactions folder (http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_...), you should see a little link that says "new topic" toward the right. Click that, then you can put your question in the topic line and post more details of your question in the comments section. :)

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Yu-Gesualdi | 37 comments Sarah wrote: "I'm not sure what you mean by "too far" but if you're referring to the physical relationship then I think there's no limit. I guess this is partly why the category has arisen, to avoid the feeling ..."

Thanks Sarah! I have to agree with you concerning the subject of physical intimacy. I feel that with YA, it would be pushing the limits quite a bit to have that occur within the storyline although I have seen it happen quite a few times. It is acceptable and perhaps even expected with NA novels. Thanks again for your input!