Christian Mom Reads discussion

General > What book did you recently finish?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Makeda (new)

Makeda (makedar02) | 188 comments Mod
Tell us what book you have recently finished.

message 2: by Makeda (new)

I recently finished Family Affair

I really enjoyed reading this book. It is a fiction book. It dealt with some of the inner struggles that women go through and was tasteful in its approach to topics.

When I thought that the author was going to take the book in the wrong direction, she kept it clean and appropriate.

I would recommend this book to other Christian moms.

message 3: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Lyon | 8 comments I just finished Through Gates of Splendor.

This was the true story of five missionaries and their families in Ecuador written by one of the wives. I was moved by the journal entries of such strong faithful people. All of them were willing to pour out their lives, literally, for Christ. There were also a ton of pictures, and as much as I love to read, being able to see of whom they were writing was a wonderful bonus.

You should keep tissues nearby.

I would recommend this to anyone. The love and devotion of these folks is incredible, but it pales in comparison with how mightily God used them.

message 4: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Barrington I just finished The Meaning of Marriage: Finding Happiness in Your Most Profound Relationship

We were doing a series by the same name at church and it has completely changed the way I view things. Growing up from divorced/remarried parents I never understood what marriage was. This book makes so much sense and it went so much deeper than I expected.

Books_and_Budgets (carabella91) | 4 comments I just finished Destined to Reign: The secret to effortless success, wholeness and victorious living by Joseph Prince. It was a great read. I struggled with it in the beginning. It was hard for me to really get into it. That may have been more me than the book, though. Once I gained some momentum (or surrendered my mind to what Holy Spirit was leading me to), I really got into it and got much out of it. I would definitely read it again, especially when I start getting hung up on focusing on my works, instead of God's grace and Jesus' sacrifice.

message 6: by Makeda (new)

These all look like great books for me to add to my reading list.

message 7: by Gee (new)

Gee  Dixon (goodreadscomgee_lucdix) | 8 comments Dreaming of Castles by Gail Gaymer Martin,

This is a very good Christian story set in England. It is a story of inspiration, learning to get through trials and tribulations with Faith and the characters come together leaning of faith. Castles of course....a character, she is Dreaming of Castles will her dreams come true?

message 8: by Makeda (new)

Very interesting. I'm going to look it up.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Ruby wrote: "I just finished The Meaning of Marriage: Finding Happiness in Your Most Profound Relationship

We were doing a series by the same name at church and it has completely changed the wa..."

REALLY , I AM NOW GOINGT O CHECK THIS BOOK OUT ! THANKS

message 10: by Qianna (new)

Qianna | 2 comments Christmas Bliss! I'm a sucker for Christmas themed novels during this time of year.

message 11: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Rodda (rjrodda) | 3 comments 'Heir of Hope' by Morgan L Busse - the last book in a great Christian fantasy trilogy