Sara Humphreys Group discussion

How did you find the books?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara Humphreys (authorsara) | 60 comments Mod
The million dollar question for any author is...How does a reader find new authors?
I'm curious...how did you find my books? A friend? A blog? On a bookshelf?

message 2: by Joann (new)

Joann | 19 comments I found you through my sister and she got the first book in the series from the library. Now I got all 4.5 books on my shelf/kindle :)

message 3: by Sara (new)

Joann wrote: "I found you through my sister and she got the first book in the series from the library. Now I got all 4.5 books on my shelf/kindle :)"
I love hearing that readers refer other readers and especially within a family. I'm proud to be on your kindle shelf xx

message 4: by Joshua (new)

Joshua (jlfwriter) | 4 comments I found out about them through a librarian who went to one of your signings. Unleashed took place in my home state, so I was intrigued.

message 5: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathy_g) | 1 comments I found the first one at the library. I have new books flagged that come in marked as paranormal romance. Read the first one and have been hooked ever since.

message 6: by Sara (new)

Joshua Fowler wrote: "I found out about them through a librarian who went to one of your signings. Unleashed took place in my home state, so I was intrigued."

I remember meeting you at the Walmart in Westerly. You're awesome :) So great having you on the street team.

message 7: by Sara (new)

Cathy wrote: "I found the first one at the library. I have new books flagged that come in marked as paranormal romance. Read the first one and have been hooked ever since."

I love to hear that readers find my books in the library! Especially when they share the love with other readers. LOL

message 8: by Judy (new)

Judy | 7 comments I think I've posted this numerous times, but let's just emphasize your fun personality! @ B&N, Colony - you sold me on two stories and I don't really read romance novels... And "Untouched" is still my favorite.

message 9: by Sara (new)

Judy wrote: "I think I've posted this numerous times, but let's just emphasize your fun personality! @ B&N, Colony - you sold me on two stories and I don't really read romance novels... And "Untouched" is still..."

You're awesome! I remember meeting you and you're a doll!

message 10: by Sara (new)

Evelyn-Reader referrals are the best! Please tell your friend I said Thank You!!!

message 11: by D (new)

D Thomas (mammy4423) | 1 comments I hate to say this, but I don't remember. I have that info on the database on my PC, but my PC crashed. I am hoping to be able to recover all my info, but so fan no luck. If I manage to recover it, I will post it later.

message 12: by Sara (new)

D wrote: "I hate to say this, but I don't remember. I have that info on the database on my PC, but my PC crashed. I am hoping to be able to recover all my info, but so fan no luck. If I manage to recover it,..."

No worries! I'm just glad you're here :)

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1 comments Facebook.....

message 14: by Sara (new)

Michelle wrote: "Facebook....."

Glad to know my FB time is well spent! xx

message 15: by Heather (new)

Heather (heathercm2001) Untouched was one of the first books I purchased at Discover a New Love. :)

message 16: by Sara (new)

Heather wrote: "Untouched was one of the first books I purchased at Discover a New Love. :)"
That's great to hear! Isn't that an awesome deal? Love DANL!

message 17: by Marcia (new)

Marcia (mlh1112) | 1 comments I first heard about the Amoveo from one of the many blogs I read and then searched Amazon and Goodreads.

message 18: by Sara (new)

Marcia wrote: "I first heard about the Amoveo from one of the many blogs I read and then searched Amazon and Goodreads."

I'm so glad to hear that a blog influenced you as a reader. It's hard to know who actually reads them. LOL! Thanks for sharing :)

message 19: by Erica (new)

Erica (slayer1star) Looking for a shifter story that wasnt all werewolves and came upon your work in a catalogue from Rendevous Romance Bokstore we have here in Australia and saw your book read the excerpt and thought this is for me and have never looked back. Now your an automatic buy.

message 20: by Sara (new)

Erica wrote: "Looking for a shifter story that wasnt all werewolves and came upon your work in a catalogue from Rendevous Romance Bokstore we have here in Australia and saw your book read the excerpt and thought..."

That is so cool! How fabulous that you found it in a catalogue from the bookstore you work in...in Australia?! Thank you so much for sharing that with me. BTW...would you like me to send you some swag for you and the customers at your store?

message 21: by Shauni (new)

Shauni | 4 comments I found my first Amoveo book through Netgalley.. then went backwards until I caught up.. (ok, two books) For a reviewer and lover of books Netgalley is an awesome way to find new authors.

message 22: by Sara (new)

Shauni wrote: "I found my first Amoveo book through Netgalley.. then went backwards until I caught up.. (ok, two books) For a reviewer and lover of books Netgalley is an awesome way to find new authors."
Agreed! Net Galley is a great way to connect. Thanks for sharing and for being one of my fab readers xx

message 23: by Erica (new)

Erica (slayer1star) Sara wrote: "Erica wrote: "Looking for a shifter story that wasnt all werewolves and came upon your work in a catalogue from Rendevous Romance Bokstore we have here in Australia and saw your book read the excer..."

Sorry misinterpretation I dont work there (they are in a different state) wish I did though lol
I meant your work/novels in their catalogue.

We dont have a lot of book stores here, thank the universe for online book stores (mwah kisses to Book Depository)
Just ordered Undone cant wait

message 24: by Sara (new)

Erica wrote: "Sara wrote: "Erica wrote: "Looking for a shifter story that wasnt all werewolves and came upon your work in a catalogue from Rendevous Romance Bokstore we have here in Australia and saw your book r..."
OH! Lol. Well, I'm just glad you found them and especially in Australia!! I can't wait to hear what you think of UNDONE :)

message 25: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (sweetest_syn) | 1 comments I walk up and down the aisles of B&N, shopping the new release sections, especially in romance, and Unleashed caught my eye. I saw the blue first, the eagle, then the man lol. I picked it up, read the blurb, been hooked ever since. Its refreshing to read something that's not cliche and I'm amazed by your work. I just love all your books.

message 26: by Sara (new)

Stephanie wrote: "I walk up and down the aisles of B&N, shopping the new release sections, especially in romance, and Unleashed caught my eye. I saw the blue first, the eagle, then the man lol. I picked it up, read ..."

Oh my goodness! Thank you, Stephanie :) I must admit that I adore my covers. Sourcebooks does a beautiful job and I'm super lucky. Thanks for being a fan xx

message 27: by Janice (new)

Janice | 6 comments My local public library...at first...then I checked the bookstores.