Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Listopia List

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments I would wait for another opinion, because I haven't read any of the books you have listed aside from To Kill a Mockingbird.

At a glance at the descriptions, I don't see any reason why any of the books from TKaM down should be on the list.

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 133 comments Thanks Vicky. :)

message 4: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) | 259 comments Old Man and the Sea has nothing to do with Kennedy, as far as I can remember--it doesn't even take place in the US. Neither does The Picture of Dorian Gray.

As for TKaM...perhaps they put it on the list because it was published the year Kennedy was elected? I don't know enough about the other novels.

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 133 comments Is that enough of a connection to leave it on a list of books about the Kennedy family? Cause I'm thinking that is a pretty big stretch.

message 6: by Thalia (last edited Jun 11, 2013 06:42PM) (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) | 259 comments I think it's a pretty big stretch, too--I, personally, would say that it would be fine to delete that one, since the book has nothing to do with the family itself, but I'm not much of an authority, hahah. (:

ETA: Also, the same user seems to have voted for all the books you mentioned (and most often is the only one), so if you felt like spending the time, you could ask them about it?

message 7: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl I would delete all of those.

message 8: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited Jun 11, 2013 06:43PM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6334 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "I would delete all of those."

I have read over half of these and would agree. I have another on my wish list and would not have thought they have anything to do with Kennedy.

message 9: by Deon (new)

Deon (deonva) | 3379 comments the list is called Books about the Kennedy Family

they all seems to be added by 1 person, which is strange too

message 10: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl Not your ordinary spam....maybe someone just having an off day.

message 11: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 133 comments General consensus was to delete so I did. Thank you!

message 12: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

This list needs to have duplicates merged.