The Maze Runner discussion

What is the year in Maze runner?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Misael (new)

Misael (soloaquexistiendo) | 2 comments I just finished The kill order and come to think of the year in the first book of the Saga, i know its after 2020, but i dont really know what year its the "present" in the other 3 books.

message 2: by Bailey (new)

Bailey Dishman (MidoriKeehl) | 8 comments Well, they never really say what the exact year is.

Although, to be fair, it's basically the end of the world so I kinda doubt they even know what month it is.

message 3: by Misael (new)

Misael (soloaquexistiendo) | 2 comments lol true true, i wish to know, but whatever thanks

message 4: by Bailey (new)

Bailey Dishman (MidoriKeehl) | 8 comments Haha, sorry! :)

message 5: by Cass1dy (new)

Cass1dy | 17 comments Well, clearly in the future. Sorry I can't be of more help to this question when I've read the series TWICE!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

2030? Defiantly in the future but not too in the future because they had a lot of things that we still have in our society but in the maze runner there was a lot of advance technology!

message 7: by Christpher (new)

Christpher Zanni | 122 comments Mod
True but the world is ending so I don't think they care about the year. Its...Hm.... lets just say its 2034 okay?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I've never even thought about that question.. Good question though!!

message 9: by Hana (new)

Hana K | 5 comments Maybe 2030-40?

message 10: by Kelly Brigid ♡ (new)

Kelly Brigid ♡ (anotherbookinthewall) It's in the not-so-distant future, so if I had to guess, I'd say 2030 maybe?

message 11: by Joshua (new)

Joshua (fignewto) | 14 comments Considering there are teleporters and disintegration rays, I'd say at least the 2050s.

message 12: by Allison (new)

Allison I'd say even closer to the 3000's, because the sun is seriously no where close to the whole Flare stuff. (I just finished the Scorch Trials, so forgive me if I'm missing something.)

And we'd need to be WAY more scientifically advanced to create something like a Flat Trans or that shield thing around the guy at the desk in the second book.

Jessica~We Are All Heathens~ (puppyluvr) I agree with Allison. They were supposed to be making flying cars when my dad was a kid ((1960s)) and even now they don't have it. So I think Society just takes a long time to build awesome technology. ((Awesome as in powerful.))

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it's in the future. 2230 maybe?

message 15: by Jared (new)

Jared | 13 comments I'd say 2080

message 16: by Jared (new)

Jared | 13 comments because there are holo-grams and stuff

message 17: by Kia (new)

Kia (baehyukng) | 32 comments 2020 in my thoughts