r/books discussion

Open Discussion > What are you favorite apps ?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie, Super Mod (new)

Stephanie (lastnightsbook) | 346 comments Mod
I'm a little slow when it comes to apps and having a smartphone/tablet, and have just starting reaping the benefits of apps. Anyone have any must haves?

message 2: by Ashley (last edited Jun 11, 2013 08:27PM) (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) I just moved to Chicago about a month ago and I'd be positively be lost without my CTA (bus and train) Watch apps. And I use baconit (a reddit app) almost every day.

EDIT: I have a Window's Phone just fyi

message 3: by House03 (new)

House03 | 26 comments The Goodreads app and an organizing app called Any.DO. These and the YouTube app are the main ones I use.

I have an iPod touch, by the way.

message 4: by Rose, Mod (new)

Rose (rtrinh) | 153 comments Mod
Evernote and Dropbox. Those apps literally changed my life... basically Evernote is a notebooking app...that you can access on your desktop, your phone, or on the web. I can access my notes (especially for blogging) anywhere and Dropbox makes it easy for me to transfer important files from my phone, or to computer to computer.

The Audible app is decent for listening to audiobooks, however, I'd really like it if I could buy audiobooks straight from the app. It loses a point there.

Zombies, Run! Is great if you're into 1.) Zombies. 2.) Audiobooks 3.) Running 4.) RPGs ... basically it's a storyline running game. It's AMAZING. The voice acting is superb! Admittedly... it's an app you pay for and it's kind of costly BUT.... I honestly thought it was money well spent. I'm very quite satisfied with what I got out of it considering what I paid for.

message 5: by Dallas (new)

Dallas (dalski) | 26 comments Stitcher has a cool app for listening to podcasts. Reddit (Alienblue), Pandora, Spotify, Google Chrome (I have an iPhone), the app for my bank, wikipedia, dictionary, notes, Al Jazeera, Zinio (magazine subs from my local library for free), and one other one I can't remember the name of, but it's for ebooks.

message 6: by Alex (new)

Alex Tveit (vikingabroad) | 33 comments Evernote, Dropbox, Audible are musts. Wish I could get Pandora and Spotify....(Canada...bah)

Splashtop - Gives you the ability to remotely control your desktop.
Myfitnesspal - decent fitness/nutrition tracker
First Aid - Always nice to have just in case
Airdroid - Control your phone through wifi (desktop)
Aldiko - Awesome eReader app. Works with anything.

message 7: by Rose, Mod (new)

Rose (rtrinh) | 153 comments Mod
Vikingabroad wrote: "Evernote, Dropbox, Audible are musts. Wish I could get Pandora and Spotify....(Canada...bah)"

I know your Canadian pains all too well, sir. :|

message 8: by Megan, Mod (new)

Megan (maptree) | 198 comments Mod
I have banking, Kindle, Words with Friends (which I play way too much) Audible and a whole bunch I never use!