Ask Jay Crownover and Cora Carmack - Wednesday, June 26th! discussion

Ask Jay and Cora!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 196 (196 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Shannon  (cincindypat) Welcome to the group! Jay and Cora will be answering questions throughout the day on Wednesday, June 26th in this thread only. In the meantime if you have a question for Jay or Meg - or just want to introduce yourself - feel free to do so in this thread.

message 2: by Reen (new)

Reen Bever | 2 comments Ladies, I was so happy to hear about this discussion group because I am a big fan of both of yours. Things I've learned since I read your books:
*Tatoos are sexy! (I know, most people figure this out before they're 30, but Rule was the one to convince me. Now I just need to convince my husband to get one!)
*Taking care of someone with mono is incredibly romantic.
Question: Are there plans for Rome to get his own book?
When's the in-depth preview for Keeping Her? June 26th?!?

message 3: by Tami (new)

Tami | 5 comments Rome does get his own book. I'm dying to live his story!!!!!

I never cared or have been attracted to men in tight pants or or funky hair. Men with guitars yes rockers not so much but holy moly I love those men.

message 4: by Reen (new)

Reen Bever | 2 comments Tami wrote: "Rome does get his own book. I'm dying to live his story!!!!!

Thanks for the update!!

message 5: by T.H. (new)

T.H. (thsnyder) | 6 comments Eekkk, so excited about this group!!! Rule is by far a top book boyfriend!!!

message 6: by Gina (new)

Gina Whitney | 1 comments Thanks you for the invite dolls<3

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber (goodreadscomlove_bug) | 2 comments Is there going to be a story for Nash? I thought Ayden and him were going to get together in Rule but apparently she's with Jet (I haven't read Jet yet but I figure they got together)

message 8: by Danielle (new)

Danielle M I'm curious about that, too! I fell in love with Nash & I was hoping he was going to be the second book & then third. Will we get an opportunity to read Nash's story?

message 9: by Tami (new)

Tami | 5 comments I hope they all have books. Lol This has become one of my top favorite series I've read.
And we have to wait a week to chat!!!! Lol

message 10: by GA (new)

GA Bookaholics | 1 comments I am so in love with both books I've read by Jay Crownover! I am a huge huge fan of Rule! I was excited to read Jet but didn't think it could hold a candle to how I felt about Rule. I was pleasantly surprised- I think I love Jet even more than Rule! I really enjoyed both books, but now I'm curious about Ayden's brother- I'd love to hear more about him! What's the next book coming out/who's the star? I'm also really looking forward to Rome's story! I hope in Rome's story it shows Rome and Shaw reuniting some, I always loved that he was like a big brother to her!

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson (teeloveskylejacobson) | 1 comments Thank you for the invite. I read Rule and Jet and I have also read Losing it and Faking it and I have to say the NA Genre is really coming out of the box and strong. I look forward to seeing how many books are going to be out in the marked man series.

message 12: by Jane (last edited Jun 19, 2013 09:10PM) (new)

Jane | 2 comments thanks for the invite
. Im a big fan of Cora Carmack's Losing It and Faking It. I just love...love..love the GOLDEN BOY!!!!

message 13: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 1 comments I read Rule and Jet just a few weeks ago and added them to my ever growing list of book boyfriends.
Question: What made you decide to have all the boys pierced down below? Was this based off of any personal experiences?!

message 14: by Kath (last edited Jun 19, 2013 09:10PM) (new)

Kath (kathleesi) I love these authors! Thank you for creating such a HOT guy with each unique personality :) Jay's 'Marked Men' Rule and Jet oh my! and Rome! Cora with Garrick and his British accent *swoon* :) i can't wait for this! Thank you Cynthia for sending me a message about this.

message 15: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cincin188) | 2 comments First of all thank you for invite! I am Currently reading Golden Boys Book!! and I absolutely LOVE IT!! I am a huge Fan Of You Cora Carmack I absolutely love you're books.

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer C How many books are you writing for the Marked Men series? Any chance we get to see the other guys in their own books?

message 17: by akosisarah (new)

akosisarah | 1 comments Thanks for the invite!
Love your books Cora Carmack especially Garrick and his British accent!
Can't wait to start the Marked Men series :)

message 18: by Roni (new)

Roni Guzman | 2 comments Jay I want to let you know that I was part of the blog tour and read an ARC of Jet. I couldn't put it down. Jet was so easy to fall in love with. Rule on the other hand was a little bit more difficult in the beginning but by the end I completely fell in love with him. I will admit that Jet is my favorite. I can't wait for Rome's book.

message 19: by Roni (new)

Roni Guzman | 2 comments Cora I just bought Losing It and will be reading shortly. It looks really good and will provide a review on my blog and personal page on facebook. Can't wait to read this. I might have questions a little later :)

message 20: by Jay (new)

Jay Crownover (crownover) Hello early birds :) I'm going to knock some of these out lickity split like..
Rome should be out early 2014
Right now HC only has contracted for the 3 books but I would love, love to tell Nash, Rowdy and Asa's stories...fingers crossed I get to :) We meet Nash's lady love in Rome's book.
I pierced the boys down there because they work in a shop...that happens in that kind of crowd. Plus it makes sex scenes easier and more fun to write!!
Boy's in tight pants can indeed be hot...they just have to know how to work it and I think Jet sure does!!
xoxo
J

message 21: by Baby (new)

Baby (neonfeatherlights) | 1 comments Jay wrote: "Hello early birds :) I'm going to knock some of these out lickity split like..
Rome should be out early 2014
Right now HC only has contracted for the 3 books but I would love, love to tell Nash, Ro..."

Hey Jay! Just.. Thank you for writing the Marked Men series. Haven't enjoyed reading like this before. And well Rule's just.. well it basically rules. ;) Can't wait for the others!

message 22: by Lexa (last edited Jun 19, 2013 10:55PM) (new)

Lexa Salindato (lexhia) | 1 comments Hello everyone especially to Jay and Cora!
Anyway my question is for the awesome Cora Carmack...

I would just like to know if it's possible for you to maybe "visit" or drop by Philippines and hold a fan meeting or book signing?

I'd love to meet you soon and I can't wait for Kelsey's book!
Also thanks for the cool message on the free Losing It paperback that I got.
You're the best and stay fabulous ^^

message 23: by Jane (new)

Jane | 2 comments @Lex..that will be awesome!!! book signing here in Philippines...pls...pls...

Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’ (fldavids) Hi Ladies,
I absolutely love your books!
I loved Rule. And the guys are so hot with the tatoos.
I am excited to read Rome's story, I know that it will be awesome.
I don't have a question, just wanted to say I appreciate your books and thanks for taking me to a whole different world. I'm loving it!

Keep the books coming
Flavia

message 25: by Roline (new)

Roline Bautista | 2 comments Jane wrote: "@Lex..that will be awesome!!! book signing here in Philippines...pls...pls..."

OMG That's an awesome idea. Come to the Philippines pleaseeeeeee!!!

message 26: by Roline (new)

Roline Bautista | 2 comments Hi there Jay and Cora. I love Jet and Faking it! :D
Can't wait for Rome's story. I hope Nash gets a story too. But of course no one come's close to my Rule!!!!

To Cora, will Milo have a story, I want him :D Please!

To Jay, I hope Rome will be released earlier *fingers crossed*

I love both your work. looking forward to reading more of your novel! And as requested hope you visit the Philippines we will be thrilled for a book signing :)

message 27: by Nina (new)

Nina (Rainwater) | 1 comments I'm trying to get my hands on Jet, but i love Rule.
Will Nash get a story? A graffiti/tattoo artist would be so awesome.

message 28: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor Hulme | 1 comments To Jay,

I absolutely love Rule and I was so glad that we got to see a bit more from Shaw and him in Jet. Will we get to see more of their story and see their relationship progress in his brother, Rome's, story?

Thank you so much for writing it as I absolutely loved it! I was always a lover of tattoos and this just made me love them even more!!!

message 29: by ms.rezile (last edited Jun 20, 2013 03:18AM) (new)

ms.rezile | 1 comments hey Jay,
I love Rule and Jet's stories.
Damn! I can't wait and very stoke to read Rome and the other Marked boys stories. :)
Like everyone is hoping for, I do hope Rome's story will be release earlier.
I feel 2014 is a million years away.. Its still up to you. Marked Men rules! Love them tons.

More Power.

message 30: by ABC (new)

ABC | 1 comments Thanks for the invite. I'm very found of Jay Crowners books and I absolutely love the way she writes. She touches the thema that I adore - tattoos and artists. Please don't give up and write some more.

message 31: by Teri (new)

Teri Thanks for the invite and reaching out to your fans. My question is for Jay. I found Jet's book to be so hard to read as I felt Ayden was portrayed as such a tease. What was your vision for her character and why did you put Jet's character through such a heartbreaking journey?

message 32: by A (new)

A | 1 comments Thanks for inviting me. I loved Losing it and Rule. I have a question for Jay Crownover. Is there any cheating in Jet? I don't know why but it bothers me. So i just want a heads up before i read Jet.

message 33: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Reich | 1 comments To Jay!
Excite to hear there might be stories for Rowdy and Nash!!! I love Nash so can't wait!

To Cora,
LOVED LOVED LOVED Losing It! Just started faking it last night I have heard nothing but amazing reviews for it so can't wait to finish it!

Keep up the great work ladies y'all are both fantastic and I have fallen in love with your books!

message 34: by Amber (new)

Amber (goodreadscomlove_bug) | 2 comments I bought Rule when it first came out and Amazon shows a newer version (at least the cover) is there more story added?

message 35: by Tami (new)

Tami | 5 comments Oh I hope they all get books. I can't get enough of them!!

message 36: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (adriennemarchiano) | 1 comments Hello everyone! And all I can say is thank you Jay and Cora for writing these amazing books!!! Love them!

Question:Have you ever stared out with a character knowing exactly how you want them to end up and then while writing you realize the characters path completely changes? And if so how do you handle that?

Thank you for your time and I cannot wait for your next books!!!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

hi thanks for doing this!!! i have a question for Cora,why did you choose Cade?

message 38: by Jay (new)

Jay Crownover (crownover) Teri wrote: "Thanks for the invite and reaching out to your fans. My question is for Jay. I found Jet's book to be so hard to read as I felt Ayden was portrayed as such a tease. What was your vision for her ..."

I've heard some readers had a hard time getting in Ayden's head and getting behind her. See the thing is I just gave her all the qualities the guy in the book usually has. A troubled past, secrets, fear of letting someone in and exposing her raw inside...The guy usually has that storyline and is just waiting for the right girl to come along and make him open up...in this book Jet had to be strong enough to love her anyway, to make her see that not only was he a safe place but that he could share her burden...I just wanted to change it up, flip the gender stereotype. I had no idea readers were going to interpret her struggle as being a tease or as making her unlikable...honestly it's been interesting seeing the reaction.

message 39: by Jay (new)

Jay Crownover (crownover) Amber ♥ wrote: "I bought Rule when it first came out and Amazon shows a newer version (at least the cover) is there more story added?"

No it's the same story just published by HarperCollins.

message 40: by Jay (new)

Jay Crownover (crownover) Adrienne wrote: "Hello everyone! And all I can say is thank you Jay and Cora for writing these amazing books!!! Love them!

Question:Have you ever stared out with a character knowing exactly how you want them to ..."

I'm kind of a rambling writer. I never really know where the story is going until I end up there. I just follow my characters along and let them ultimately tell the story they want to tell.....which is why I need all the editing and refining help I can get!!

message 41: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Carrillo (kdcarrillo) | 1 comments Jay,

Are we going to continue getting updates on past stories (like Rule) in future connected books? Oh and if you wanted to give Rule another book, I'd buy it.

Cora- I don't have a question, because I am still reading Faking it. Just wanted to say I love Cade so I hope his broken heart is mended.

message 42: by CJ (new)

CJ | 1 comments To the writers,

What or who inspired you to write the specific story in detail?

To Cora,

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for taking so much of your time in focusing on building relationships before losing it. This is the exact book that our generation needs.

So the question is: What were your goals or target reactions from your readers after finishing Losing It?

message 43: by Manda (new)

Manda Moore (MandaM26) | 1 comments This is for Cora - How much if at all did you relate to Bliss? I read Losing It a while ago and I remember pinning it saying "embrace the awkwardness". I loved that she was the way she was. Garrick was great. I'm eager to read Faking It.

message 44: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Sue Schmidt (jennysueyou) | 1 comments Hi Jay! Enjoyed both Rule and Jet. Thanks for both. I'm wondering if you have considered writing in a serial format (somewhat different from your current serial format), i.e. 75-125 pages an installment, weekly scheduled offerings. I've started to read some in this format and, other than many installments being unscheduled, have enjoyed it. If it's not an interesting format to you, can you share what you don't like about it or what would prohibit you from publishing in this way? Thanks!

message 45: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments Hi,thanks for the invite. I haven't read any of Cora Carmack's books yet (although I hope to!) but I absolutely loved both of Jay Crownover's books (especially Rule) and can't wait to read about Rome.
I would also love to read books about Nash, Rowdy, and possibly even Asa (not sure about him yet!) My question's for Jay are:

Usually in your books it tends to be the male lead who is sure of who he is and what he wants to do with his life career wise (and is quite passionate about it). Do you think you will write about a female lead like this?

Also, how do you come up with such hot male characters? (and where can I get one? - joking....kind of!)

message 46: by Irene (new)

Irene | 3 comments Hi thanks for the invite. I'm a big fan of Jay Crownover's books, loved both Rule and Jet.

My question to Jay is did you get your knowledge of tattoo's from getting one yourself or did you do research in a tattoo parlour?

Really looking forward to Rome's story.

message 47: by Reading (new)

Reading  | 1 comments Thanks for the invite, I really enjoyed Losing It and Rule.

My question to both Cora and Jay, how much time do you put into choosing your character's names? What factors if any do you consider?

message 48: by Trish (new)

Trish (csmaxwell) | 1 comments Thanks for the invite to this group. I loved both Rule and Cora's Faking It and Losing it. Cannot wait to read more from these talented authors. Keep writing fresh characters like Cade, Bliss, Rule, and I will keep reading!
It's been a while since I first read Rule, and I think I need to re-fresh my memory, lol.
No question, just wanted to let you both know how much I really enjoyed your unique voice in New Adult.

message 49: by Kate (new)

Kate | 1 comments So excited for this Q/A! I read Rule a while back and went on a tattoo/lip-piercing-book-boyfriend-binge (much to the dismay of my sans-body-art husband)

My question is for Jay-- I literally just purchased Jet for my kindle a minute ago, but from what I recall of Rule, music was almost its own character in the book-- what was being played in the tattoo shop, or in someone's car. Do you often use music in your writing to portray a particular emotion or to emphasize something about a character?

message 50: by Jay (new)

Jay Crownover (crownover) Kate wrote: "So excited for this Q/A! I read Rule a while back and went on a tattoo/lip-piercing-book-boyfriend-binge (much to the dismay of my sans-body-art husband)

My question is for Jay-- I literally jus..."

I do..it helps define a scene for me and who and what the character is about. Rule was all old school punk and rock and roll...Shaw was Indie and Alt-country. In Jet's story the music is who he is, what he's about. It's important to the entire book. In Rome's book it's much more subtle. The music isn't as key to defining him or Cora, they are such big, bold personalities I didn't think the music needed to be as prevalent to the scene and the movement of the book.

« previous 1 3 4

Ask Jay Crownover and Cora Carmack - Wednesday,...

unread topics | mark unread