A Song of Ice & Fire Fans discussion

Good Quality Box Set?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vefxo (new)

Vefxo Sabekia | 3 comments Hi everyone,i am new here.season is over and i want to start books,which publishers book do you recommend? i have been reading reviews and to many people said that bantam's Song of Ice & Fire 4v Boxed Set books were bad and HarperCollins edition is better but,they have splitted book 5.so i couldnt decided which edition is better,please help me,thank you all : )

P.S i want papperback

message 2: by Vefxo (new)

Vefxo Sabekia | 3 comments no one is there? -_-

message 3: by Paige (new)

Paige Hollinger  (babygirls1980) | 7 comments I would start with the first book. There are several books that have been split into two. I don't have those. I have the full novels. Amazon has the box set. I am not sure about the price.

The reason I suggested the first one is because there is so much backstory that is vital. The shows were great but there is so much more and the shows were different in some areas
I hope this helps.

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat (katsobsession) | 141 comments http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/game-...

This won't be out til October, but is all 5 books.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/game-...

This is the first 4, if you can't wait^_^ Then book 5 will be out in paperback in October.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dance...

message 5: by Paige (new)

Paige Hollinger  (babygirls1980) | 7 comments I have all 5 of them in hard back editions and I have them on my Kindle Fire. A Song of Ice and Fire, 5 Book Set Series A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

message 6: by Paige (new)

Paige Hollinger  (babygirls1980) | 7 comments http://www.amazon.com/Thrones-TheFirs...

For all 5 of them for $89.99

message 7: by Victor (new)

Victor I'd recommend buying the trade paperbacks separately. I personally think the trade paperbacks are a lot nicer than the mass market paperbacks and will of course last a lot longer than than them, too.

message 8: by Vefxo (new)

Vefxo Sabekia | 3 comments thnxs all

message 9: by Dustin (new)

Dustin I have the paperbacks of I-IV, which I purchased in 2007-08, so they're not the TV tie-in editions. And my copy of A Dance With Dragons is in hardcover.

message 10: by Victor (new)

Victor Dustin wrote: "I have the paperbacks of I-IV, which I purchased in 2007-08, so they're not the TV tie-in editions. And my copy of A Dance With Dragons is in hardcover."

Are books I-IV in trade paperback or mass market paperback, Dustin?

message 11: by Dustin (new)

Dustin That's a good question, Victor. What is the actually different between the two?

message 12: by Victor (new)

Victor Trade paperback is a big floppy paperback that is a couple centimeters shorter than a hardcover. A mass market paperback is very short and thick. If you were to walk into Barnes and Noble and buy a Stephen King book :) they would all be in mass market paperback. I hope that helps:) I hope I actually made sense.

message 13: by Dustin (new)

Dustin That does make sense, thank you for the clarification. I have the mass market PB, purchased individually. How about yourself, Victor?

message 14: by Victor (new)

Victor I have books III and IV in trade paperback and book V in hardcover. I had books I-IV in mass market but I'm giving them to Kathryn since she can't find them anywhere for cheap and I want to get them in the trade paperbacks. So it worked out nice:)

message 15: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Aw, how very kind of you, man! I really hope that Kathryn enjoys them. The Dragons hardcover is just beautiful, isn't it?? I love it!

message 16: by Victor (new)

Victor :) Me, too. Dragons is beautiful. Did you look inside it at all? The maps are very pretty:)

message 17: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Yes, the maps are stunning, IMO!