YA & NA Romance ♥ discussion

Notices/Announcements > Questions?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (last edited Oct 08, 2013 06:35PM) (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 964 comments Mod
Please comment with any questions for the moderators or the group!

message 2: by Carl Mikael (new)

Carl Mikael Blomkvist (mikblom) | 4 comments Sorry, I have a doubt, what's the difference between YA and NA? Sorry for this question, but I don't know it, so thanks for answer :)

message 3: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

I will be posting this information as soon as possible! I'm still working on it! :) Thank you for asking. I will make the definitions folder as soon as I have gathered all of the necessary information.

message 4: by Carl Mikael (new)

Carl Mikael Blomkvist (mikblom) | 4 comments Ok, thank you again! :)

message 5: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

The Definitions folder has been created! Thank you Carl! :)

message 6: by Eli (last edited Jul 28, 2013 07:49PM) (new)

Eli Easton (elieaston) | 3 comments Does this group read only m/f romance or are YA and NA m/m romance books welcome as well?

message 7: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

That's fine. :) It's not limited at all!

message 8: by Eli (new)

Eli Easton (elieaston) | 3 comments Brianna♥ wrote: "That's fine. :) It's not limited at all!"

Thanks, Brianna!

message 9: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Eli wrote: "Brianna♥ wrote: "That's fine. :) It's not limited at all!"

Thanks, Brianna!"

You're welcome! That is a great question, so I'm glad you asked!

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate | 1 comments hey guys! So I really need your help finding the name of the book that I had read about 3 years ago but unfortunately I was unable to remember anything about it except for the plot. (SPOILERS ARE IN THIS)
Ok so here it is: It is about a girl who has a friend as a kid and animals start dying because her friend is killing them. Her parents decide they need to move away from this girl and start a new life. Years later, her childhood friend comes back in her life and the main character lets her stay in her room even though her parents don't know. The main character wants to have friends and a boyfriend so her childhood friend decides to kill the people she does not like and that stand in the main characters way. She gets people to try to trap her psycho friend in a barn and then her psycho friend attacks her. The main character yells "get her off, get her off" but the person helping her says, "nobody's on you". the end, the main character figures out that she did not have a childhood friend but in fact she was an imaginary friend. Her parents tell her that the reason they moved was because she was the one who was killing the animals and that she never actually had a friend. She gets put into a mental institution or something of that kind in the end because she is insane and she was the one who killed all those people. Also, in the end when she is in the institution, her imaginary friend comes back and says something like "Im sorry, lets be friends again".
I have been trying to find this book for so long and I would really like help if you know the name of the book!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

wow, so twisted but interesting. I tried doing a google search but didn't see anything. I'd try searching keywords on amazon. Find the genre. maybe look for book around the year that you read it. Searching a characters name may be helpful. I know it sucks not to remember. Good luck

message 12: by Julie (new)

Julie | 192 comments How do you all keep track of the books you have agreed to R2R? I recently started using a spreadsheet since I'm beta reading as well. I don't want to forget anything, and I also want to track to make sure I have things completed on time.

Also, is there a way to search the site for the discussion thread for a specific R2R? Every time I am ready to post my review link, I have to search through all of the R2R discussion topics to find the one I need. Maybe I should start bookmarking the post when I originally reply, but I usually reply through the app. Any suggestions? Thanks!

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments Hi Julie,

I don't read many read to reviews now as I'm too busy posting them and I struggle to make the deadlines! I do lose track though of what I'm reading and in what order though as I sign up for a fair few challenges.

What I have is a 'to read next' shelf which I have set to display in an order so I know what I'm supposed to read next. That doesn't help too well with remembering the deadlines though. I think a spreadsheet is a great idea.

As for finding the threads again I'm not too sure what to suggest. I don't use the app so I don't find it too difficult to find threads. I guess you could bookmark them or else if you're doing a spreadsheet anyway you could always add a column with the link for the thread. I do move threads to the Closed for Signup folder but even if the thread is moved the url is always the same.

Sorry I couldn't help any more than that. I'm a spreadsheet kind of girl so if I had too many to keep track of that's what I'd use.

message 14: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 30 comments Mod
Hello Julie,

For searching for specific threads for R2Rs, you can go to the book you reviewed, and go down to the very bottom of the page. There will be links to discussions of the book, and usually you can find if there is a thread for an R2R.

message 15: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 30 comments Mod
But that is only for the actual site, the app doesn't allow that.

message 16: by Priya (new)

Priya Kanaparti | 1 comments Hi,
I was wondering if YA & NA Romance group would be interested in letting an author do a takeover or ask author questions type of promotion? My book Forever Kinda Love will be releasing on August 15 and I'm looking for blogs to help me promote between August 15th and August 22nd :).

Thank you!
Priya