Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

Jacob didn't imprint on Bella, but?...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 111 (111 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

BonnieSkywalker If Bella chose Jacob and if they were together, does that mean after a while Jacob could have imprinted on someone else? I don't understand this part.

Bailey Dishman The way Stephanie Meyer wrote it is that;

Imprinting: A strong attraction from both ends. Not in a sexual way, but a spiritual connection sort of way. A brother, a father, a lover, anything. Which is why the pedo claim is not true.

So, basically, the only attraction Bella ever had towards Jacob was because of the part of the baby thats inside her from the very beginning. This is why when the baby is born and Bella is angry at Jacob for imprinting, he says:

"Remember how you couldn't get away from me two days ago? Thats gone now right? It was her."

So Stephanie's way of saying it is; Bella never liked Jacob that way. That was why she was so confused and kept ditching Jacob and breaking his heart. When Renesmee is finally separated from Bella's body, the connection is no longer there between her and Jacob.

Bailey Dishman As for imprinting on someone else, I don't think there is a "someone else" or at least it was not brought to the attention through out the books. I believe its like a life mate sort of situation, I don't think he would have imprinted on someone else.

BonnieSkywalker No I mean if Bella chose to be with Jacob instead of Edward before they got married and all that, Renesmee wouldn't have been born, Bella and Jacob would have been lovers. But would Jacob have imprinted on someone else after a while being with Bella, since he didn't imprint on her at first sight...?

Jessica Well, seeing as Jacob's imprintee was Nessie, no. He wouldn't have imprinted on anyone else. If Nessie doesn't exist he would never imprint.

Bailey Dishman That's the thing. Bella would have been the one to have wanted to marry Jacob, but she didn't have enough of a connection to want to be with him so she kept going back to Edward.

If Edward did not exist, I cant see it still working out. The way Stephanie Meyer described it, it doesn't sound like there are two people in the world that he could imprint on. Just one. A soul mate. No other. They can't pick, and they cant imprint on anyone.

Jessica Yeah, but if they never imprint doesn't mean that they aren't happy. Sam was happy with Leah until he imprinted. They can be in relationships and never imprint.

BonnieSkywalker Bailey wrote: "That's the thing. Bella would have been the one to have wanted to marry Jacob, but she didn't have enough of a connection to want to be with him so she kept going back to Edward.

If Edward did no..."

I think it would work out if Edward didn't exist. Jacob is like a substitute lover for Bella I guess lol.

BonnieSkywalker And there's another thing I don't understand... Would it be so bad if the three of them made some kind of a deal? Like Bella having them both. I mean Bella loved both of them at once, and Jacob and Edward didn't really care about this fact. Edward didn't even get mad when Bella kissed Jacob practically in front of him. Why can't Bella have both of them I mean? Like one week with Edward and one week with Jacob, they could've figured something like that out lol. I think it would be more complicated and interesting than Bella having a baby right after they got married...

BonnieSkywalker Jesse wrote: "Yeah, but if they never imprint doesn't mean that they aren't happy. Sam was happy with Leah until he imprinted. They can be in relationships and never imprint."

oh that's what I wanted to know. :)

message 11: by Olivia (new)

Olivia BonnieSkywalker wrote: "Jesse wrote: "Yeah, but if they never imprint doesn't mean that they aren't happy. Sam was happy with Leah until he imprinted. They can be in relationships and never imprint."

oh that's what I wan..."

intersting fact there..

Bailey Dishman BonnieSkywalker wrote: "And there's another thing I don't understand... Would it be so bad if the three of them made some kind of a deal? Like Bella having them both. I mean Bella loved both of them at once, and Jacob and..."

Thats kind of.. Ehhhh.. Would you REALLY want to share your man like that? I wouldn't.. I understand there are people with multiple wives and all of that but I dont think this is a story that needs the fact of multiple wives. I'm not hating against those types of people, personally if you're nice to me, I don't give a crap, but this story in particular is not fitted for that sort of thing.

message 13: by Kristen (last edited Jun 10, 2013 11:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristen BonnieSkywalker wrote: "And there's another thing I don't understand... Would it be so bad if the three of them made some kind of a deal? Like Bella having them both. I mean Bella loved both of them at once, and Jacob and..."

That's seriously disturbing.
Edward wasn't fine with Bella kissing Jacob. He was controlling his emotions because he wanted her to be happy and have a real choice. He was allowing her the freedom to choose. It would have been a completely different story if she wanted them both forever.

Kristen Bailey wrote: "BonnieSkywalker wrote: "And there's another thing I don't understand... Would it be so bad if the three of them made some kind of a deal? Like Bella having them both. I mean Bella loved both of the..."

Most of the people who believe in multiple wives, view woman as property, more or less. Notice there are no societies where there are multiple husbands.
Even if that's not the case, it's an extremely unhealthy relationship. Jealousy and rivalry is the norm.

message 15: by BonnieSkywalker (last edited Jun 11, 2013 12:06AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

BonnieSkywalker Bailey wrote: "BonnieSkywalker wrote: "And there's another thing I don't understand... Would it be so bad if the three of them made some kind of a deal? Like Bella having them both. I mean Bella loved both of the..."

I wouldn't wanna share my man, definitely not. But in their case, I think if Bella offered something like this to them, I somehow think they would have accepted it. lol.

"Edward I love you more but I love Jacob too. And I can't live without you, but I can't live without Jacob either so..."

I think Bella must have had this thought at some point. She just couldn't say it because then she could've lost both of them... maybe?

BonnieSkywalker And one other thing... how can Bella let her father and mother die when she has the power to make them both immortal like herself? If I became a vampire, the first thing I'd do would be change my loved ones. I can't even stand the idea of letting them die while I get to live forever.

message 17: by Mochaspresso (last edited Jun 11, 2013 12:54AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mochaspresso BonnieSkywalker wrote: "And one other thing... how can Bella let her father and mother die when she has the power to make them both immortal like herself? If I became a vampire, the first thing I'd do would be change my l..."

Most of the Twilight vampires don't see living forever as a vampire as a good thing, though. I wouldn't want to turn my parents or loved ones. Maybe if they already knew and fully understood what I was and expressed that they truly wanted it as much as Bella did in Twilight. But that's a huge maybe as I really do I think that is an incredibly selfish thing to do.

If I were turned, I think I would probably just do what Georgia/Millie of the TV show "Dead Like Me" does. Allow my family to think that I am dead and continue to watch over them from afar. I wouldn't try to find ways to interact with them like she eventually did, though.

Tina J Jacob was always destined to imprint on Renesmee. It was the reason why he couldn't leave Bella alone.

And no, I don't think he would've imprinted on anyone else.

BonnieSkywalker Tina J wrote: "Jacob was always destined to imprint on Renesmee. It was the reason why he couldn't leave Bella alone.

And no, I don't think he would've imprinted on anyone else."

I mean if Renesmee wasn't born and if Bella and Jacob ended up together.

Actually Bella is the one who couldn't leave Jacob alone at first lol

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Too confusing. And gross.

message 21: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Brooke wrote: "Too confusing. And gross."

it does sound bit on the confusing side here.

message 22: by Olivia (new)

Olivia in someways it was better jake did imprint on ren, until she was older, so he can be with her for long time.

message 23: by Ze0232 (new)

Ze0232 Bailey wrote: "The way Stephanie Meyer wrote it is that;

Imprinting: A strong attraction from both ends. Not in a sexual way, but a spiritual connection sort of way. A brother, a father, a lover, anything. Which..."

No imprinting was a wolf thing and was not a 2 way street meaning Renesmee did not imprint back on Jacob since it was a wolf thing , it just meant that when someone worships you that way how can you not feel strongly for them.

Joyce @Zeo232
That's the way the author explained it so that's how it is. Lol. It is a strong attraction on both sides because its like soul mates. That's the other part of your soul. She did not say that Renesmee imprinted back she said it was a strong attraction between two people and she was correct.

message 25: by Sarah (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Bailey wrote: "The way Stephanie Meyer wrote it is that;

Imprinting: A strong attraction from both ends. Not in a sexual way, but a spiritual connection sort of way. A brother, a father, a lover, anything. Which..."

I so liked the way you explained that. :o)

message 26: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Sarah wrote: "Bailey wrote: "The way Stephanie Meyer wrote it is that;

Imprinting: A strong attraction from both ends. Not in a sexual way, but a spiritual connection sort of way. A brother, a father, a lover, ..."

that would be true there.

Marilyn I don't know.. I'll just judge it from what Jacob had with Bella. Sure, Jacob doesn't love.. what's her name now, but further down the road I can definitely see something happening between the two of them.

message 28: by Gerd (last edited Jul 15, 2013 08:07AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gerd BonnieSkywalker wrote: "And one other thing... how can Bella let her father and mother die when she has the power to make them both immortal like herself? If I became a vampire, the first thing I'd do would be change my l..."

And if they didn't want to? :)
An essential part of love is being able to let go, after all.

Bailey wrote: "The way Stephanie Meyer wrote it is that;

Imprinting: A strong attraction from both ends. Not in a sexual way, but a spiritual connection sort of way. A brother, a father, a lover, anything. Which is why the pedo claim is not true...."

Then why did he force a kiss on her and claimed that that he did the imprint on her, far as I recall, if it isn't anything sexual? :/

Phyllis all I can say is that it is a good thing Bella didn't marry Jacob. Instead of having Renesmee she would have had a puppy.

Marilyn They almost did hook up. Bella had real feelings for Jacob, and Jacob her. Would it have worked out in the long run, no it wouldn't. But if it were to happen, then it happened. I was taking those basics and applying to what I think would happened to Nessie since Jacob had actually imprinted on her.

message 31: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Marilyn wrote: "They almost did hook up. Bella had real feelings for Jacob, and Jacob her. Would it have worked out in the long run, no it wouldn't. But if it were to happen, then it happened. I was taking those b..."

that would interesting to find if they did hook up, but instead jake did imprint on Nessie cause she would be his future girl when get older..

Luna Belle Pris Bailey wrote: "The way Stephanie Meyer wrote it is that;

What about before the baby was inside her? Please don' t tell me he' s attracted to an egg, I' m not buying it.

Jessica Laura Loves Luna Belle Pris wrote: "Bailey wrote: "The way Stephanie Meyer wrote it is that;

Imprinting: A strong attraction from both ends. Not in a sexual way, but a spiritual connection sort of way. A brother, a father, a lover, ..."

That's pretty much how Meyer explained away Bella and Jacob's attraction to one another.

message 34: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Jesse wrote: "Laura Loves Luna Belle Pris wrote: "Bailey wrote: "The way Stephanie Meyer wrote it is that;

Imprinting: A strong attraction from both ends. Not in a sexual way, but a spiritual connection sort o..."

was that in the book, on how SM explain it on there type of thing, i wonder how did everything all went for the whole imprinting thing.

Jessica Olivia wrote: "Jesse wrote: "Laura Loves Luna Belle Pris wrote: "Bailey wrote: "The way Stephanie Meyer wrote it is that;

Imprinting: A strong attraction from both ends. Not in a sexual way, but a spiritual con..."

That was in the book, from what I remember. Everyone was chilling and Jacob and Bella were talking about feelings and it came up as an explanation for why Bella no longer had romantic feelings for him.

Jessica libellule wrote: "Jesse wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Jesse wrote: "Laura Loves Luna Belle Pris wrote: "Bailey wrote: "The way Stephanie Meyer wrote it is that;

Imprinting: A strong attraction from both ends. Not in a se..."

Yea, it is from BD. With the imprinting in this series it is one way but because of their can't-take-no-for-an-answer attitude with pestering their imprintee they eventually fall 'in love' with the imprinter (what Jacob said in the second book)

In all honesty I would've been just fine with Twilight having been the only book with maybe forever dawn being the second book after that.

message 37: by Emmalynn (last edited Jul 17, 2013 12:02PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emmalynn Herbstritt I don't think so. you can only imprint on one person. if Edward and bella hadn't gotten married and had renesmee(sorry if I spelled her name wrong), Jacob wouldn't have imprinted. so Jacob wouldn't have had the problem of imprinting on somebody else I would think.

Jacquelyn He was in love with the part of her that was Reneesme (her half of the DNA that was Reneesme). He was in love with her because of the close connection to the girl who would become his true love. Had Bella chosen him, he would have been happily, blissfully in love, but wouldn't feel quite the same strong connection he feels with Reneesme.

message 39: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Jacquelyn wrote: "He was in love with the part of her that was Reneesme (her half of the DNA that was Reneesme). He was in love with her because of the close connection to the girl who would become his true love. Ha..."

but if he really like bella from before, then when ren came along was it suppose to her and jake that suppose to be together forever..

Jacquelyn Olivia wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "He was in love with the part of her that was Reneesme (her half of the DNA that was Reneesme). He was in love with her because of the close connection to the girl who would become..."

Yes. After Reneesme was gone, his attention turned completely to her and he was no longer in love with Bella because Bella no longer held Reneesme or the material needed for Reneesme. The wolf in him was drawn to her because she held one of the two pieces for Reneesme from the beginning.

message 41: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Jacquelyn wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "He was in love with the part of her that was Reneesme (her half of the DNA that was Reneesme). He was in love with her because of the close connection to the girl w..."

that is very true there.

message 42: by Olivia (new)

Olivia but does each one have their on soul mate type of thing, or imprnting type of thing.

Jacquelyn Olivia wrote: "but does each one have their on soul mate type of thing, or imprnting type of thing."

I think imprinting is just a werewolf thing. But I think Meyer was just trying to explain soul mates in a tangible graspable way because some people don't believe in soulmates (as she may). If you are soulmates, you are made for each other so in the case of Reneesme and Jacob, there is no reason Reneesme will choose otherwise. Although I stand with the belief that a soulmate does not necessarily mean lover--a soulmate can be a brother, father, best friend. So it's not necessarily something tangible on their body or something funky with their heart, it's just a spiritual connection they have not even necessarily because of the wolf thing, but it is helpful that the wolves can feel it when they meet her! :)

message 44: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Jacquelyn wrote: "Olivia wrote: "but does each one have their on soul mate type of thing, or imprnting type of thing."

I think imprinting is just a werewolf thing. But I think Meyer was just trying to explain soul ..."

that is quite true there. didnt really think about from before.so when ren was born jacob was suppose be there for her, until she became of age then he will be with forever.

Jacquelyn if that's what she wants :)

message 46: by Gerd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gerd Jacquelyn wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "He was in love with the part of her that was Reneesme (her half of the DNA that was Reneesme). He was in love with her because of the close connection to the girl w..."

And why wasn't he, by that proxy, then drawn to Edward, too, who held the other half?

message 47: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Gerd wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "He was in love with the part of her that was Reneesme (her half of the DNA that was Reneesme). He was in love with her because of the close connec..."
i was wondering about that there. who would he held the other half?

Jacquelyn Gerd wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "He was in love with the part of her that was Reneesme (her half of the DNA that was Reneesme). He was in love with her because of the close connec..."

Because he is a vampire and werewolves are by nature repulsed and angered by vampires, as vampires are repulsed and angered by werewolves. And in a way, I think he was drawn to him. He hated him with a passion and had he been, oh... Mike or Eric (had either Mike or Eric dated Bella I mean) then Jacob would have laughed it off and waited for Bella to get the point as he did but he waited more aggressively because Edward is one of his natural enemies.

Jacquelyn Olivia wrote: "Gerd wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "He was in love with the part of her that was Reneesme (her half of the DNA that was Reneesme). He was in love with her because of the..."

Gerd asked that very question and my answer is right above this post here! :3 (Wow, I feel kinda lame for actually keeping on this topic for so long... I need a hobby 0.0)

message 50: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Jacquelyn wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Gerd wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Jacquelyn wrote: "He was in love with the part of her that was Reneesme (her half of the DNA that was Reneesme). He was in love with her..."

yea i think so to.

« previous 1 3