Survival discussion

Town > Library

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
Emerson ran into the library, panting. She needed somewhere to stay for just a little while. Stay and relax. She looked at the rows upon rows of books.

message 2: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Jaylyn slowly felt her way around tables and chairs, unaccustomed to the new layout of the room. It had been reorganized recently. She sighed and sat at what she hoped was an empty table.

message 3: by E M M A (new)

E M M A ((hey Cecilia! is angel still here..?))

message 4: by cecilia (new)

cecilia ((I don't know...))

message 5: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
((sorry!! I am, but i'm trying to make space on my ipod for he software update. It's only 8 gb so... yah))

message 6: by E M M A (new)

E M M A ((oh okk. since its Tuesday, should they be at school? ot is it like in the afternoon ))

message 7: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
Em sat down at a table near a girl that looked close to her age. She said nothing. What would they say? What could she say?

message 8: by E M M A (new)

E M M A ((anyone else on right now))!

message 9: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Jaylyn didn't move, her fingers tapping an absent rhythm on her chair. She bit her lip, thinking she heard someone sit at the table. Was she wrong? She reached down and stroked Sparky's head absentmindedly. She was happy they let him in the library; she couldn't do anything without her service dog.

message 10: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
Emerson looked at the girl skeptically. Her eyes were... strangely blank. Was the girl blind? She was bout to ask if she was, but decided not to. That was a bit rude. She settled for: "Hi," instead.

message 11: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Jaylyn jumped, straining her ears for other noises. "Hi." she said uncertainly, twisting her fingers in Sparky's long fur nervously. Her other hand clutched the side of her chair with an iron grip.

message 12: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
"What's your deal? I'm Emerson." She introduced herself to the jumpy girl. She crossed her legs in her chair fiddling with the lace on one of her combat boots.

message 13: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Jaylyn frowned, twisting her fingers more tightly in Sparky's fur. She turned her head in the direction that she thought Emerson's voice was coming from, and bit her lip. "My deal?" she asked softly. "I'm Jaylyn."

message 14: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
"Cool name, Jaylyn." Emerson said. "So... Are you blind?" She asked curiously. "I mean, I'm just wondering." She added quickly hoping she didn't sound too rude.

message 15: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Jaylyn bit her lip, her face probably stony and fearful. She wouldn't know what that looked like, though. "Why are you asking?" she asked quietly.

message 16: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
"I'm just wondering. I mean, why else would they let a dog in here? And you're eyes are glazed over and blank. So... Either you have weird ass eyes and incredible persuasive skills, or you're blind." Emerson replied.

message 17: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Jaylyn bit her lip, blinking quickly. "Weird eyes, huh? Thanks." she said coldly, twisting her fingers tighter into Sparky's fur. "That makes me feel so good." she added sarcastically. She should have known the library wasn't a place to be safe from people who picked on her eyes. It wasn't her fault!

message 18: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
Emerson looked at her. "Weird in a good way, they're pretty and unique. All I have are brown eyes." She said. "I didn't mean it a an insult,"

message 19: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Jaylyn shook her head. "Everyone does. I've never met a person who comments on my eyes or my dog and doesn't mean it as an insult." she commented, clutching Sparky's collar tightly.

message 20: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
"But I didn't," She said truthfully. "Your dog is cute, what's his... of her's name?" Em asked Jaylyn. She retied her combat boot's lace, realizing she has untied it.

message 21: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Jaylyn relaxed her grip on Sparky's collar slightly. "Is he cute? I don't know. His name's Sparky." she said quietly, still holding the side of her chair tightly.

message 22: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
"Hi Sparky," Emerson smiled. "He is absolutely adorable." She loved animals, they made her happy. She was hardly ever happy these days.

message 23: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Jaylyn nodded. "I've been told that a lot. Not sure if it's true, though. Not like I can prove it to myself." she said quietly, as if she were speaking to herself. She wouldn't wallow in self pity; she never did. There was nothing Jaylyn could do to change the fact that she was born blind. There was nothing she could do, and she'd never change it. So what was the point in being upset about it?

message 24: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
"Well, take my word for it then." Em said, uncrossing her legs. "So... What are you doing here?" She asked her.

message 25: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Jaylyn shrugged. "Trying to hide from bullies." she said quietly. "They always find me in the recording studio, so I come here." she twisted her fingers into Sparky's fur tightly.

message 26: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
"You're getting bullied? By who?" She asked stiffly. Em hated bullies. Hated them. No one deserved that torture.

message 27: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Jaylyn bit her lip. "I think the list of people not bullying me would be shorter than the list of people who are." she said honestly. "I don't really care."

message 28: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
"Well, obviously you do. Or else you wouldn't be hiding," Emerson pointed out. "Why would they bully you?"

message 29: by cecilia (new)

cecilia "Like I said earlier, you're the first person I've met who doesn't make fun of my eyes. Why else? Being blind isn't exactly something that makes you lots of friends." Jaylyn said coldly, not toward Emerson, but toward the thought that being blind caused all this. How would they like it if they'd been born blind?

message 30: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
"Well, they should respect you," Emerson said. "You can do your make up perfectly, even though you can't see it, you manage to do everything that I can do... and maybe even better than me. They shouldn't bully you. Don't they realize that every day for you is already a little struggle and they're making it worse?"

message 31: by cecilia (new)

cecilia "Try telling them that. No matter what, they can't get over the fact that my eyes aren't normal. It's not fair." Jaylyn said quietly, petting Sparky absentmindedly. He was a good dog; and somehow he always relaxed her. A lot.

message 32: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
"Well, I will try telling them that." Emerson said. "Your eyes really aren't that different you know. They're just a little bit lighter than mine."

message 33: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Jaylyn smiled for what felt like the first time in an eternity, even if it was only slightly. "Thanks. I'd appreciate that, but they're probably not gonna stop." she said quietly, tapping her fingers quietly.

message 34: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
Emerson smirked. "Oh yeah they will," She said. "You haven't seen, well, heard my bad side yet." Emerson added.

message 35: by cecilia (new)

cecilia "Should I be afraid?" Jaylyn asked quietly, stroking Sparky's fuzzy head. He licked her fingers, and Jaylyn smiled faintly. "I get the feeling that I should."

message 36: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
Em's grin widened. "Nah, well... Maybe a little." Emerson said.

message 37: by cecilia (new)

cecilia "Make up your mind." Jaylyn said exasperatedly, not seeing her grin. "It's confusing." she added. "Or I think so, at least." she sighed and leaned back in her chair.

message 38: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
Emerson looked at her. "So what do you like?" She asked. "Any hobbies, or... interests?" Em asked Jaylyn.

message 39: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Jaylyn smiled, her eyes growing wistful. "Music. Anything music. Singing especially." She said quietly, knitting her fingers in Sparkys fur. Music was the only thing that kept her grounded.

message 40: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
"You sing?" She asked, her mood instantly lifting. "I sing too, I love music. It's what keeps me sane," Emerson said truthfully. If she didn't listen to music or write songs, she would probably lose herself.

message 41: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
((CC?))

message 42: by cecilia (new)

cecilia ((Sorry. At a sleepover. Ill be on and off.))

Jaylyn nodded. "What am I without music? There's no answer, because without music, I am nothing. Singings my favorite. But I'm a guitarist and a pianist too. Just about any instrument really..."

message 43: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
((ohh. A sleepover on a Wednesday? luckkyyy))

message 44: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
"I love writing my own songs," Emerson said. "It would be cool to collaborate one day," She said.

message 45: by cecilia (new)

cecilia ((Haha, well school got out last week XD))

Jaylyn nodded. "It really would. What kind of music?" She asked quietly, biting her lip and closing her eyes, leaning back in her chair.

message 46: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
((Even luckier!! I still have until the 27th))

message 47: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
"Well, I have a voice that can sing any genre except rock, but I like alternative and some pop. I really like singer song writers,"

message 48: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Jaylen nodded approvingly. "I like pop, classical, and country the best. Country is life." She said quietly. Her music idols were Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato, and Cassadee Pope. They were amazing. She sang just like them when she tried.

message 49: by sol, The Cool Girl :) (new)

sol | 238 comments Mod
"Who are your favourites?" Emerson asked Jaylyn. "I like Ed Sheeran, Imagine Dragons, Taylor Swift and about a billion more,"

message 50: by cecilia (new)

cecilia Jaylyn smiled faintly, scratching Sparky's head absentmindedly as she spoke. She'd never been so open to someone that she wasn't related to before. Emerson made her feel like she didn't have to worry. Was this what it felt like to have a friend? "Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato, Ariana Grande, and Cassadee Pope." She said quietly.

« previous 1 3