David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1)
This topic is about Of Poseidon
Buddy Reads! > Of Poseidon Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) Holly and I are going to read Of Poseidon on the 26th and anyone is welcome to join us :].

message 2: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - added it

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
I may join you, I did get this in audio!

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) Great do you like audiobooks I have only tried them once.

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
I got this one on audio as well! I may join in too! I love audios but it takes me a couple of weeks to get through them because I don't have a lot of time to listen.

message 5: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 823 comments My library has it in audio to so I may join.

Holly  (skizzles22hju) | 197 comments Starting this one tonight! :)

DeAnna (dee84812) | 671 comments Gah, I forgot about this. I'm about halfway through my current book, so hopefully I can join up tomorrow or Friday.

message 8: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 823 comments Whoo!Hoo! The library had it in so I'm downloading as we speak...well write.

Holly  (skizzles22hju) | 197 comments Finally was able to start the book, and I really like it so far. :)

DeAnna (dee84812) | 671 comments I have about 44 pages left in my current book, so I should finish it today. Then I'll start Of Poseidon!

DeAnna (dee84812) | 671 comments Starting right now!

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) I have been so busy but I promise to start as soon as I can.

Holly  (skizzles22hju) | 197 comments I'm so sorry guys, but I've been slacking on this one. I hope to find the time to read it today. :)

DeAnna (dee84812) | 671 comments I'm almost 200 pages in, and I don't really have anything to say so far.

DeAnna (dee84812) | 671 comments Okay, so I just finished it. There was nothing overly exciting that I can think of, but something kept me turning those pages! The ending, though? Definitely a good set-up for the next book. May have to move that one WAY up my TBR list!

DeAnna (dee84812) | 671 comments FTR, I just bought Of Triton (book 2) on my Kindle, and it was only $4.99!

Holly  (skizzles22hju) | 197 comments I got back into this, and now I'm a little over halfway. I'm totally enjoying this story. :)
But one thing that really irritates me is Emma's POV being in 1st person and Galen's being in 3rd person. (I'm reading an ARC, so it could be different now, I'm not sure).

Donna | 18 comments No. It's not changed. It was kinda irritating to me to. But I still really liked the book !

DeAnna (dee84812) | 671 comments Yeah, the change in perspectives definitely took some getting used to. I'm a little over halfway through the second book, and I'm really enjoying this series. The prequel short story is really good too.

Holly  (skizzles22hju) | 197 comments I'm still not quite used to it. But I love the characters and mythology of this book. It's intriguing.

Holly  (skizzles22hju) | 197 comments Wow. So I finished. 3 stars for me. Honestly, I was really liking it, but somewhere along the way, too many things started to irritate me, and that ending was too predicable. After the halfway point, it sort of went downhill. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't anything special for me.

My review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...