David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Vortex (Tempest, #2)
This topic is about Vortex
Buddy Reads! > Vortex Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) Jenny and I are going to read Vortex on June 23rd anyone who wants to is welcome to join :].

message 2: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
I think Jen was also going to join us! Yay!

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) That's Great :)

message 4: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

I am so behind, and have not started this one yet. I will hopefully start today!

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) Don't worry I have been so busy that I'm really behind also.

Irena BookDustMagic | 16 comments i'm so jealous at you guys. i'm waiting for croatian translation.

message 7: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments I'm starting it tonight. A little behind, but I'll catch up --

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
I've been wanting to read this series. I'll check in to see how you like it. I'd join in but haven't read the first one yet. :(

message 9: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

You are ahead of me, Jen! I'm hoping to get to it tomorrow!

message 10: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments Nope Jenny - started it last night but I'm totally lost! I think I'm going to go back and listen to the end of Tempest - I have only a slight idea of what's going on. It's been awhile since I read Tempest.

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
I hate it when that happens, which seems to be whenever it's been over a year after reading the first one. ;)

message 12: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments Well, I'm almost halfway through and I love this one! It's so nice that the kids are older, more college-aged. All this timeline stuff is starting to give me a headache (not really, I'm eating it up) -- and (view spoiler)

message 13: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (jenwesner) | 1222 comments Finished it on Tuesday - really liked this better than the first. The plot twists are all over the place and completely unexpected. Characters didn't just grow - they were completely different people depending on the timeline. I think some people would be completely confused by this book. I just found it interesting to try and keep up.

message 14: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen, you would really like Timebound by Rysa Walker . It is one of the best time travel books I have ever read! Very smart and very well written!

I'm hoping I'll get to Vortex this weekend sometime! Sorry I'm so slow!

message 15: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Okay, I finally finished this the other day, and I loved it! I also think most people would not like this series, I think you need to be really into time travel. I agree with everything you said Jen, and I can't wait for the conclusion! I have no idea what's going to happen next, I didn't really see any of the twists, and I still don't know who's bad guy or good guy!

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Timebound (other topics)