Goodreads Reviewers' Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Chat Thread

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new)

Rebecca (rebeccas_books) | 340 comments Mod
It would be great for all the members to get to know each other, so in this thread you can talk about anything you like, and make new friends :)

message 2: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Coull | 42 comments HI everyone!! hope you all are having a great day, it early morning here so im still half asleep!!

message 3: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (theelliemo) Hello! Just discovered this group, looks interesting :)

message 4: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) | 44 comments Coull wrote: "HI everyone!! hope you all are having a great day, it early morning here so im still half asleep!!"

That's what you get for living upside down:)

message 5: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) | 44 comments Elaine wrote: "Hello! Just discovered this group, looks interesting :)"

Hi, Elaine:)

message 6: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Coull | 42 comments David wrote: "Coull wrote: "HI everyone!! hope you all are having a great day, it early morning here so im still half asleep!!"

That's what you get for living upside down:)"

LOL but still a day ahead!!

message 7: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Coull | 42 comments So how is everyone going??

message 8: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Pearson Hahaha! Hubby has just been called up for jury service. He is well nervous, has never been in a court room before LOL

message 9: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new)

Hello Coull and Victoria :) I hope I never got called up for Jury Service, i'd probably be more nervous than your husband!

Today, I'm updating some reviews, then going on my Wii fit for a while, I've neglected it lately and really need to get back on it.

Should I create a Fiction Genre? I know that fiction covers a wide spectrum, but I don't know where I should post my review for The Lovely Bones. Would you say it's a Mystery? Or Crime?

message 10: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Pearson That is a hard one. I always struggle to work out what genre something is supposed to be (unless it is really obvious), and I read a lot of books that would fit into more that one genre. Maybe general fiction for misc books?

message 11: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Coull | 42 comments lol I got called up to do it once but since my hubby is a correction officer im not aloud

yeah i think just a plan fiction folder would be good too, for all the ones that you just arint to sure about!

message 12: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new)

I think I'll make a fiction thread. I always find the Fiction section in a library quite funny, since most of the other books are fiction too. But maybe it's needed for books like The Lovely Bones, which doesn't have an obvious genre.

message 13: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 34 comments If you were going to try and lable Lovely Bones, I think it would likely be paranormal thriller.

message 14: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Coull | 42 comments Hi guys I hope everyone is having or had a great day!! I'm off to the fire station with daycare today!! fun times!

message 15: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) | 44 comments David wrote: "If you were going to try and lable Lovely Bones, I think it would likely be paranormal thriller."

I'd second this. Not that I know much about anything:)

message 16: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) | 44 comments Coull wrote: "Hi guys I hope everyone is having or had a great day!! I'm off to the fire station with daycare today!! fun times!"

Enjoy your day. And don't go ogling them firemen:) I'm just about to relax for the next ten hours... but I have had a helluva day! :-(

message 17: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Coull | 42 comments What no ogling?? thats the reason I said i would go!!

message 18: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) | 44 comments Coull wrote: "What no ogling?? thats the reason I said i would go!!"

Suspected as much! :)

message 19: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (theelliemo) David wrote: "Coull wrote: "What no ogling?? thats the reason I said i would go!!"

Suspected as much! :)"

It's as good a reason as any ;)

message 20: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) | 44 comments Elaine wrote: "David wrote: "Coull wrote: "What no ogling?? thats the reason I said i would go!!"

Suspected as much! :)"

It's as good a reason as any ;)"

Tut!Tut! :)

message 21: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Coull | 42 comments lol sadly there wasn't to much to ogle! ;)

message 22: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) | 44 comments Coull wrote: "lol sadly there wasn't to much to ogle! ;)"

Yeah? Well you say that now... :)

message 23: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Coull | 42 comments LOL

message 24: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Coull | 42 comments So how is everyone!!

message 25: by Jennie (last edited Jun 26, 2013 02:35AM) (new)

Jennie  Coull | 42 comments Come on ppl, where is everyone??/ what are you all up to??

I had my daughters first school visit yesterday, its a sad moment when your baby is less than a month away from school :(

message 26: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new)

Cora Tea Party Princess (corazie) | 661 comments Mod
Anyone ever make the top reviewers list? I started getting on the top #100 weekly from the end of April, now stayed pretty much in the top #50 for the past month.

I've had a streak of really good books and now I've hit two really bad ones in a row. Urgh!

message 27: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new)

I've never made the top reviewers list. I don't think I write enough reviews in a week haha

message 28: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new)

Best reviewers I meant haha can you tell I've not been sleeping?

Too many books so little time!

message 29: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Coull | 42 comments Just checked mine it says #53 best reviewers #101 top reviewers.

message 30: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new)

I'm so behind on reading at the moment. A combination of being ill and being hooked on Netflix haha

message 31: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) | 44 comments Rebecca wrote: "I'm so behind on reading at the moment. A combination of being ill and being hooked on Netflix haha"

It's hard to concentrate on reading anything when you're feeling rough, so just stick with the Netflix until you are on the mend.
Don't be away to long though:)

message 32: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new)

I'm feeling better now, and starting to get back on track with my books :) But Netflix is still calling to me haha

message 33: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) | 44 comments Rebecca wrote: "I'm feeling better now, and starting to get back on track with my books :) But Netflix is still calling to me haha"

Sounds like you're developing a bad addiction there:)

message 34: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new)

I think I must be, it's mostly just watching Lost though :)

message 35: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 34 comments I didn't watch lost; Dexter is my adiction.

message 36: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) | 44 comments Rebecca wrote: "I think I must be, it's mostly just watching Lost though :)"

I gave up on Lost after season two. But then, while the final season was airing, I began watching the whole thing through from the beginning. Then once I'd caught up I watched the last season.

I got through the whole series in under 30 days. That's the way to watch a tv show:)

Dexter is a great show too.

message 37: by Rebecca, The Constant Reader (new)

Dexter is an addiction for me too. Netflix only has seasons 1-6 so I'm off to blockbuster for season 7 :)

message 38: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) | 44 comments Rebecca wrote: "Dexter is an addiction for me too. Netflix only has seasons 1-6 so I'm off to blockbuster for season 7 :)"

Good. Because I couldn't possibly endorse your illegally downloading it from t'internet... and even if I did I wouldn't say so on here:)

message 39: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (theelliemo) David wrote: I gave up on Lost after season two. But then, while the final season was airing, I began watching the whole thing throu..."

I was going to say how eminently sensible you were to give up after series 2, then I saw that you had eventually watched the whole thing. Having watched every series, I felt so cheated when I saw the ending

message 40: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Coull | 42 comments I gave up on lost about 2 eppys in to season 2, I just wasn't into it by then!!

message 41: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Coull | 42 comments Rain, rain and more rain...roll on summer I say, so what is everyone up to this weekend??

message 42: by Cora, Tea Party Princess (new)

Heatwave here - so chilling inside as it's too hot out!

Trying to finish Ripped: A Jack the Ripper Time-Travel Thriller but I'm really not enjoying it. Then a craft fair tomorrow.

message 43: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) | 44 comments Elaine wrote: "David wrote: I gave up on Lost after season two. But then, while the final season was airing, I began watching the whole thing throu..."

I was going to say how eminently sensible you were to give ..."

I honestly guessed the ending after the very first episode. Truthfully.

message 44: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) | 44 comments Cora Linn wrote: "Heatwave here - so chilling inside as it's too hot out!

Trying to finish Ripped: A Jack the Ripper Time-Travel Thriller but I'm really not enjoying it. Then a craft fair tomorrow."

Heatwave here too. Going to watch some pre-season football in a couple of hours. Non league ground - so beer on sale during game and bbq at side of pitch:)

message 45: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) | 82 comments hey how is everyone?

message 46: by Jaideep (new)

Jaideep Khanduja (pebbleinthestillwaters) | 3 comments Hi.

message 47: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) | 82 comments Hey what's up?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.