I love Alpha Male books club discussion

All about our books > Entwined with you discussion

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyla (new)

Kyla | 59 comments Mod
Amazon reviewers were horrible to Ms. Day because she increased the number of books in the series from three to five. I, for one, am thrilled! I loved it and I love Sylvia Day...can't wait for more Gideon :) What did you think?

message 2: by ~ Cariad ~ (new)

~ Cariad ~ Completely agree Kyla. LOVED it!
Review to follow later today...

message 3: by Louise (new)

Louise BookbestiesUK (louise84) I wasnt thrilled to be honest.

I read book 2, and I felt like if she would have added another 100 or so pages the story could have been finished and closed off.

I will read the last 2 books but I wont be counting down the days, and I probably wont pre-order either.

I can see the point and why people are angry- Its been cheaper to buy the books in the UK (£3.99) as opposed to the USA ($10 I believe)

If they all come in at £3.99 for me and $10 for the USA, I will have spent £19.95 for all 5 books where as Americans will have spend 50$- but when I convert £ to $ its only $30!

message 4: by Vee (last edited Jun 10, 2013 05:52AM) (new)

Vee Paige | 256 comments I skimmed most of the book even the sex scenes! I felt like it was more of the same issue with Corrine, Eva's mom. But I did not post any review/rating on goodreads or on amazon because I don't think it was fair if I did not read the book properly, I know many people enjoyed Eva and Gideon so maybe it was my reading funk. I may try to re-read in the future.

Anyway, I will still buy Sylvia Day books. She's such a great writer who writes compelling characters, I loved some of her historicals, even her paranormal ones.

message 5: by Missy (new)

Missy Metz (MissBookieGrl) | 1 comments I really enjoyed the book! I do feel it was a little rushed and would have been better if the book were another 100 pages or so. I am looking forward to the last two books and the possible TV show.

message 6: by P.A. (new)

P.A. Lupton (palupton) | 15 comments I'm reading it right now and I'm really disappointed. I wouldn't care if she added 2 more books if the story warranted it but I don't think it does.

I found book 2 really repetitive. It was like reading book 1 again. They make all the same mistakes and have all the same arguments. If it hadn't been for the twist at the end I would've given it a low rating. I'm finding the same thing in this book. Ms Day says she can't tell Eva and Gideon's story in 3 books but she could. All she'd need to do is cut out half the sex scenes--there'd still be twice as much as needed. I mean, I like sex in my books but it's a little much for me. I think I just like way more story with my erotica.

message 7: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Slagel | 11 comments Is Entwined to You available now? I read the first two and loved them.

message 8: by ~ Cariad ~ (new)

~ Cariad ~ It is available - I loved it!

message 9: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Slagel | 11 comments Thanks, Cariad - I'll get it tonight!

message 10: by Barbs (new)

Barbs Alvarez | 13 comments I love the book and even totally fell in love with Gideon on the 3rd book but I might say that there was just too many unnecessary sex scenes and others so unless Sylvia can think of a better story for the last 2 books then she should have ended it on the 3rd book. I'm disappointed after reading Entwined but still looking forward in reading the last 2 books. I really hope it's better than the first 3.

message 11: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (miriammathew) Well, my opinion is that Sylvia Day should have stuck with a trilogy and tie a neat little bow at the end. But I'm still thrilled at the idea of having five books.

It means more Gideon (yum!!!) for me!!!! So I'm ecstatic. Plus I really want to see how Cary/Trey/Tatiana's story ends.

message 12: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 25 comments I was a little skeptical about there being 2 more books because sometimes there really isn't more story to tell, but authors want to stretch it out. But after reading Entwined, I'm not worried at all! I loved it and feel like there is so much more about Gideon and Eva to be told. Plus who wouldn't want more smexy Gideon Cross??

message 13: by Laylaw (new)

Laylaw | 1 comments Caitlin wrote: "I was a little skeptical about there being 2 more books because sometimes there really isn't more story to tell, but authors want to stretch it out. But after reading Entwined, I'm not worried at ..."

I could not agree with you more. The new developments with the other characters has me dying for more. And you can never have too much Gideon. I am dying to see what the ties are to that bracelet and what it means in the future. Plus, OMG- the Cary/Trey/Tatiana drama and Let's not forget Corrine and her mess. BRING IT ON!! I just hope them come out quickly, because I hate being left hanging for months and months...

message 14: by Dany (new)

Dany I was ready for it to end in 3 books. I was disappointed in the last book. I definitely love a good sex scene but my goodness it was all the book really had. And to be honest I did get bored. It started to pick up for me toward the end when Megumi stop showing up to wrk. But I will still finish out the series I must know how it ends!!

message 15: by Irene (new)

Irene @Danni, agree with you , I felt It picked up towards the end and feel some of the characters were unnecessary. Maybe Sylvia will change our minds in the next book, hopefully.

message 16: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 25 comments Laylaw wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "I was a little skeptical about there being 2 more books because sometimes there really isn't more story to tell, but authors want to stretch it out. But after reading Entwined, I'm..."

I know! I was shocked with the whole Cary situation and Corrine is totally going off the deep end. But I loved in this one how their drama wasn't from them not talking to each other. Me too! As soon as I finished I was ready for the next one. Haha

message 17: by Dany (new)

Dany @Irene I really hope so. I'm not trying to take anything away from her writing. Just wasn't moved by this book. I loved the others.

message 18: by Irene (new)

Irene @Danni, I know what you mean, one of my favourite book series. We just expect so much after waiting a while for the third book.

message 19: by Jade (new)

Jade (ravencherry) | 1 comments Cory wrote: "Love this series and very happy to know there are 2 more books.....I can't get enough of Gideon Cross"

Yes! I'm with you on that one. I can't wait! He is just too sexy.

message 20: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 14 comments Love the book and how Gideon and Eva's relationship gets stronger. Hope we don't have to wait long for next two books!!!

message 21: by K.M. (new)

K.M. Golland (kmgolland) I thought it was good until the end, if you can call it an end...there was no ending. Still love Sylvia though and am still looking forward to book 4.

message 22: by Eawhite (new)

Eawhite | 12 comments Looking forward to book 4 but I really believe this series could have ended in 3 books. However on the positive side we get more Cross. So hey what can you say to that!

message 23: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. | 67 comments I love this series I have enjoyed all the books I was surprised to find out about 2 more books but hay it means more Gideon and he is yummy

message 24: by Charlie (new)

Charlie | 22 comments I enjoy the series not as much as 50 shades but I do enjoy it. I try not to read a series until it fully out so I started the series thinking I would only have to wait for the final book for a month, to find out now I am into the series and I have to wait for the conclusion. Do not get me wrong I enjoy the series but disappointed at how this was handled. I read Anita Blake, Alex Cross and the Women's Murder club knowing it will never end but these are series that you can pick up and put down and read out of order. I will continue to read this series as I do love Gideon and Cary.

message 25: by Wynne (new)

Wynne | -5 comments I like this series better than Fifty Shades.

message 26: by Leeanne (new)

Leeanne Kilpatrick | 3 comments I found that if I read SD books as a stand alone, I wasn't a huge fan....however! I went back and read them all together as if they were one book, I enjoyed them much much more.
I am a bit disappointed that Gideon's character hasn't been moved along... And slightly predictable.... But if I don't think about it too hard, I still think he's very hot. .... I don't think SD needed two more books to wrap this series up... But alas... Publishers like to make money... And so do authors . :)

message 27: by Eva Luna (new)

Eva Luna | 12 comments I really enjoyed... Gideon Cross its also a macho Alfa man. Love it! Crossfire ... The only thing that I could hate its the waiting for the next vol of this series, but hopefully the wait will be deserve it!

message 28: by Denise (new)

Denise | 8 comments I liked the first book, but the sequels were pretty much the same as the first book.

message 29: by Rain (new)

Rain | 33 comments Hi erh. Does anyone have even the remotest idea as to when the 4th Crossfire is due for release? I seem to recall there was a notification a while back that it would be late December?

Somehow i don't think that's going to be happening.

message 30: by Mochaspresso (new)

Mochaspresso  | 8 comments I'm not surprised by the negative reactions. I hated the way the last book ended. It's not even a cliff-hanger per se. It just stops in the middle of everything with a "to be continued" note to readers.

message 31: by Kat (new)

Kat Black (kat_black_author) | 11 comments Cybergirl wrote: "Hi erh. Does anyone have even the remotest idea as to when the 4th Crossfire is due for release? I seem to recall there was a notification a while back that it would be late December?

Somehow i do..."

I think you might be right there, Cybergirl :D Even though it's stated that the release date will be announced in the final stages of production, I think it's cutting it impossibly fine for a December release! Have you signed up to Sylvia's newsletter? Subscribers sometimes get the heads-up on announcements before everyone else.

message 32: by olivia (new)

olivia hart (oliviahart94) | 5 comments I fell in love with the first three books but after waiting so much for the trilogy to be complete its just hard to hear that you have to yet wait some more you know ? ... But more of G.C is always a welcome ;-)

message 33: by Rain (new)

Rain | 33 comments Kat wrote: "Cybergirl wrote: "Hi erh. Does anyone have even the remotest idea as to when the 4th Crossfire is due for release? I seem to recall there was a notification a while back that it would be late Decem..."

Hello Kat :) By the way did i mention that your book was excellent by the way (Melting Ms Frost) :D Yes. Signed up for the newsletter eons ago it seems. Much love to Sylvia though, as i'm sure it'll be eventually worth it.

message 34: by Kat (new)

Kat Black (kat_black_author) | 11 comments Cybergirl wrote: "Kat wrote: "Cybergirl wrote: "Hi erh. Does anyone have even the remotest idea as to when the 4th Crossfire is due for release? I seem to recall there was a notification a while back that it would b..."

You might have mentioned it (but don't let me stop you saying it as often as you like!) And yes, I'm quite excited to see where she takes us next - sounds like we get to go deeeeeeep into Gideon next - which can't be a bad thing IMO!

message 35: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. | 67 comments I can't wait to go there